• Published 3rd Oct 2013
  • 382 Views, 22 Comments

A Thespian's Pride. - Genesis Swift



Thespian Dark is the owner of a theatre known as the Dark Age Theatre and next week is its first anniversary. Thespian decides that this play be new and fresh for the special occasion.

  • ...
1
 22
 382

Act 6: Two without one.

Three days left till the big event. Every bit of the play is finished and just waiting to be mastered by their actors. Each one of them sort of stay in character even when they are not practicing just to really convince themselves and the audience; I should start myself honestly.

I stood there on stage as each one of the actors came to work. They knew I had something important to say, so they all waited till each one of them arrived.

Eventually my last actor arrived, my friend as a volunteer, "Hello Genesis how are you this fine morning?"

He looked at me and sighed, "Well I got a lot on my plate from doing this play, to studying, and trying to be a mix DJ all at once," Genesis looked up at me and this time with a determined smile, "But I know if I work at it I'll be one step closer to one of my many life goals so I'll keep going on till the end."

Well that was quite motivational, I proceeded, "Does anypony else have anything to share?"

Genesis spoke out once again, "Yea actually I have a concern."

"What may that be?"

"I play as Frost right, hes a unicorn," Genesis stretched out his wings, "How do I make these go away, temporary mind you, and grow a horn?"

Everyone looked at me then back to Genesis with a smile, I spoke up, "Well you'll get to see an ability I came up with Genesis, a secret of mine here in the Dark Age Theater."

I had made a spell not long ago that has aided my plays a ton when it comes to the different types of ponies, the spell is an illusion that makes everyone around see you as whatever I would like to make you look like.

"There you go perfect."

Genesis looked at himself, "I look exactly the same?"

"To you maybe but we all see you as Frosten Dewlovich now."

"Really?"

I shook my head, "Now you can't perform magic but if you concentrate and pretend hard enough it will appear as if you are using magic."

"Well this solves everything then, continue with your original speech if you may," Genesis concluded.

I smiled, "Gladly, what I originally am here to say is that the final scripts are ready and copied please pick one up and continue with your acting thank you," I walked off into my quarters smiling; short and sweet always does it.


The snow came down hard on the day of the siblings trip to Novyy Rogachik but that didn't stop the two from going. Frost had begun preparing for the travel, packing things he thought were most needed for his sister and himself. On another hand Ice was just waking up in time to start the morning with her brother.

"Are you ready to go Ice," Frost asked.

Icelia met her brother at the bottom of the stairway looking up at him with a smile and drowsy morning eyes, "Yea I'm ready big brother."

Frost looked at his sister in worry, "You don't look it quite yet sis," he glances at a clock nearby, "Here we still have some time before the train leaves, how about I cook you up a nice breakfast before we go?"

"Okay brother," Icelia said very weakly with a yawn, leaning on her brother practically dozing off to sleep.

Frosten helped his sister up to a more comfortable spot in the house to relax in, while he works up a breakfast to help wake her up. He threw together some what of a more refined equish breakfast, his mother would say at least. When he was done he went to go see if his sister was willing to get up and eat it.

Something was very wrong with Ice though, she seemed more weak than a normal early morning tired pony. When Frost came to help her wake up she sounded horribly sick. He could see his sister trying to stand up but it seemed she couldn't put the energy in to even move; concerned he checked his sister's temperature, it felt normal. Frost knew something was truly wrong when he asked his sister questions and she barely made out an answer.

That moment had him at his highest alert to the point of seeing doctors for his sister's health, but Icelia lost consciousness seconds after the thoughts came to mind. Frost knew not to panic for it was best to remain calm at even the scariest of times; this was his sister though he needed to get help and fast to ensure her safety. He quickly galloped outside to the nearest set of ponies he knew.

Entering the Glisten's diner with worry spelled out across his face, Tundra walked up to him with confusion on hers.

"What's wrong Frost wheres Ice," Tundra said in deep concern for Frost and his sister.

Quickly Frost responded, "It's Ice she became strictly ill this morning and collapsed I need help to get her to the nearest hospital."

Tundra didn't even have to say a word, she galloped with Frost back to his house. All within a minute those events transpired. Tundra and Forst tryed doing what they could for Ice but she didn't wake up or look any better, so it was best they helped her to a hospital quick.

Icelia was laying there across the hospital bed, with a machine monitoring her heartbeat. Diagnoses couldn't find anything wrong with her that was making her ill to a point of fainting. Frost sat next to the bed constantly watching over his younger sister, Tundra stayed with Frost knowing how he may have felt about the situation.

Icelia regained consciousness enough to talk, "Hello," she cried out in question, sounding helpless as a foal.

Frost was very concerned for his sister, he asked her the normal questions you would hear from a concerned family member. Icelia responded with little nods. A doctor not long after, arrived to see to his patient. After a few reviews and checks he went over to Frost.

"Your sister Ice has she ever been sick like this before?"

Frost went over past memories of times where his sister had been ill, "Yea she gets in this way at least once every three years during this time, just its never been this bad and it was so sudden," he remembered how he took care of her for at least a week when times like this came.

The doctor looked at Frost in worry, "We've gotten cases like this before we don't know the cause, maybe genetics, but most patients make it out okay and don't have the illness after young adulthood it's best that if she gets like this you bring her here."

Frost took this information and felt more at ease with it, but not happy that his sister may have to go through this again. The doctor left the room so that they may have privacy.

Tundra approached Frost with a quiet question, "Is she going to be alright?"

Frost turned toward his sister and spoke looking out at her, "Yea shes going to be okay," he approached his sister with a smile, "Your going to be okay Ice I'm here."

Tundra came up behind him, "And I'll be here for you as well."

Icelia quietly spoke to her brother with tears welling, "I'm sorry."

"Sorry for what Icelia; you didn't do anything wrong," Frost started tearing up himself it was rare to see his sister cry but it was contagious tears for him.

"We didn't get to go on our trip," she cried.

"Ice your safety is more important than anything we can go on another trip at a better time," Frost said in tears back.

Tundra stood there half crying herself seeing the two like this. They were there for each other; Frost stayed at the hospital that night with his sister, he wouldn't have a peaceful sleep if he went home without Ice. Ice was Frost's everything and Frost was Ice's the two were in separable and fate agreed.

Act End.

Author's Note:

Refined Equish: Equivalent of your standalone English muffin normally with eggs but I don't exactly know if I can do that, just think an English breakfast.