• Published 5th Mar 2012
  • 860 Views, 10 Comments

The Destruction of Reality - whynot707



Discord has destroyed reality as we know it, but can it be recovered?

  • ...
0
 10
 860

Chapter 5: Good Cop, Bad Cop, and The Doctor

“Uh… Doctor, why the squeaky toy?”
“Not a toy, it’s a super advanced sound catalyst that causes a high pitched whine using compressed air that causes intimidation and sometimes enjoyment in those around it.”
“So a squeaky toy.”
“Yes a squeaky toy.”
“But why though?”
“It’s part of my interrogation kit.” The Doctor had compiled an assortment of seemingly random items into a cardboard box with interrogation labeled on the side in black marker.
“You’re really going through with this interrogation thing, aren’t you?”
“Yeah.”
“But wouldn’t it be simpler to just use the Tardis to scan her mind or better yet just allow me to use a memory spell on her?”
“Oh come on. What’s the fun in that?” The Doctor was practically jumping up and down with excitement as he got the final items.
“Sometimes that guy frightens me.” I thought to myself as the Doctor dimed the lights leaving only a single spotlight focused on the stirring purple mass that was strapped to the chair by the console.
………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………
Twilight’s thoughts were fuzzy, she couldn’t remember much of what had happened or put a lot of thought process into it. Opening her eye’s she quickly shut them again unable to adjust to the bright light before her. Instinctively trying to move her arm to block the light she found she couldn’t move it, that it had been strapped down with duct tape. Remembering her species she tried to use her magic to break free of the straps but nothing happened, like something was preventing her from using it.
“Magical displacement field, prevents you from tapping into your natural reserves. Can’t have you doing that before we’re through.”
Twilight opened her eyes again, but this time the room started to come into focus and a silhouetted figure came into her vision.
“Who are you? What’s going on?”
“Both of those don’t matter right now. What does matter however, is that you answer the questions I ask you.”
“I demand a lawyer!”
“Wait, what?”
“My rights state that I have the right to a lawyer to be present during questioning. So I want a lawyer!”
“Wait, does she get a lawyer?”
“Doctor…”
“Oh right, yeah you don’t get a lawyer.”
“Then you can’t make me answer any questions.” Twilight was confident that her approach would get these people nowhere fast.
“Oh, we can make you answer.” She could swear she saw the figure smile after he said this.
“What are you going to do?”
“I want you to meet my friend here. His name is Mister Monkey and he wants to play a little song for you.”
A small counter was placed in front of her and one of those cymbal monkeys young fillies play with was placed on it. She saw a hoof flip the switch on its back and the monkey started to play. The toy crashed the cymbals together over and over producing a small clapping sound.
“Is that really the best you got?” she asked, but received no reply. Whoever had been there earlier had left her and the cymbal monkey alone.
The minutes passed by and the monkey continued clapping, non-stop. The sound was starting to get on Twilight’s nerves; she could swear it was getting louder. Soon the minutes passing by felt like hours as the monkey continued, time slowed as she heard each individual crash leading her eye to twitch every time the cymbals connected.
“Make it stop!” she was beginning to have a mental break down.
………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….
“Doctor, are you sure we should leave her alone like that?”
“Don’t worry about it the displacement field should prevent her from escaping. Besides we should really check up on Derpy.”
“Yeah, alright.”
Following the Doctor down the seemingly endless corridors of the Tardis I was still amazed how he could manage to find his way around here. We reached the sick bay and found her fully awake sitting up in the bed.
“How are you feeling?”
“Better thanks to you two.”
“Well that’s good.” The doctor breathed a sigh of relief.
“What happened while I was… you know.” I felt now was as good a time as any to find out what happened while I was rampaging. The doctor had filled me in on most of what happened, but I wanted to find out what happened after the doctor had entered my mind, and I’m sure he did too.
She explained what had happened when she fought Twilight and how she had changed personalities during it. After explain for the most part what the doctor had already told me she got to the part I wanted to hear.
“I was holding onto the sonic screwdriver like the Doctor had told me too when it had started raining. Only it was raining chocolate milk. I knew he was coming but I wasn’t sure what to do, so I just kept the sonic on and pointed at Flare. When he came through the clouds I think I froze, I don’t know, I couldn’t move. When I looked down my legs were literally frozen solid. And then there he was, in front of me, staring at me.”
…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………
*2 hours earlier*
“Who are you?” Discord spoke to the trembling pony beneath him.
“Di…Ditzy Doo.” She found herself saying, unable to lie to him.
“Ah yes… now I remember. You’re the one with the odd eye problem that travels with that infernal Doctor. But what I don’t remember is this one with the flames.” His gaze moved to the unconscious bodies of the Doctor and Flare.
“Don’t you dare touch them!”
“Testy one, aren’t you. Well then I guess I’ll have my fun with you first.”
Derpy tried to run but the ice around her legs wasn’t giving any signs of breaking.
“How about I help you reach your goal.” With this Discord pulled a large hockey stick out from thin air and proceeded to slap shot here through the air and into a net made of intertwined plant life. The ice shattered as she hit the net leaving her in a heap on the ground.
“And he scores! Time for the victory dumping of the sports drink.”
A large cooler appeared over Derpy and poured a green sticky liquid that smelled like lime on her. Opening her eyes she realized her coat had been dyed a deep green.
“Green, one of the few colors I don’t hate, and oh how I hate them. Yellow, orange, white, pink, blue, and that blasted purple.” With each color his rage increased. “Coloring the world grey, now that’s what I love. But you… you manage to make the best out of everything even with your own disabilities. I’ve been watching you, no matter how many put you down you always brush it off like its nothing. And your daughter’s the same way.”
“What do you know about her?”
“Just that she’s young and still liable to corruption. Dinky wasn’t it? She’ll make a fine apprentice, after I break her first.”
“Don’t you dare!”
“And what are you going to do, your helpless without your precious doctor.” He started to laugh.
Derpy took off and charged at Discord but it was of no use. He quickly sidestepped her and grabbed her by the mane.
“Now then, I think that’s enough for one day.” He threw her to the ground making her hit her head and knocking her out instantly.
“Looks like the other two are waking up. It’s time for the next round.”
………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….
After Derpy finished her story she rubbed her eyes trying to get rid of the tears that were still welling up. The Doctor was sitting by her side now trying to comfort her and I was at the foot of the bed still going over the information in my head.
“I’m sorry I wasn’t there to help.”
“It’s alright, everything turned out ok in the end.”
“I guess you can say that, but he’ll be back.”
“Yeah next time we’ll be ready for him, right Doctor?”
“Yeah.”
“Doctor, I think it’s time to get back to that interrogation.”
“Of course. Now get some rest Derpy.”
“Alright Doctor.” She said as she sunk back into the bed.
“So, do you think she’s ready to answer our questions?”
“Don’t worry. I’m sure Mister Monkey did his job.”
“Still, why the monkey?”
“You’ll see.” The Doctor smiled again as he said this. That smile still creeps me out.
………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………
“Make it stop… make it stop…” Twilight was mumbling under her breath, too weak to even try harder.
“Are you ready to answer our questions?” The silhouette had returned.
“Yes…”
“Good.” The figure switched off the monkey and silence fell over the room. “Now first question, why did you attack us?”
“I was ordered to, to prove my worth as a student.”
“And who ordered you to do this?”
“High-King Discord, my teacher.”
“That would explain why he got here so quickly. Why did he want to attack us besides the fact to prove your worth.”
“You were trespassing in an area strictly forbidden to anypony.”
“Ah, I see. Now I have a question for you, what is that cape you’re wearing made of. The scans on it show it’s made of neither organic nor nonorganic material.”
“I don’t know. He gave it to me the day I became his student and it increases my magical energy.”
“The thing is it’s sending out powerful energy signals and it’s got me very curious.”
“Well this isn’t leaving my side and even that accursed monkey can’t get me to part with it.”
“Fair enough, one last question though. Do you remember who I am?” With that the figure stepped out of the shadows.
“You… you’re…” A burning sensation began in Twilight’s skull as the memories flooded back. She began to spasm as each new memory presented itself.
“Doctor, what’s happening?”
“It seems Discord used a spell to wipe her memory and now everything’s returning.”
“Is that a good or bad thing?”
“Good… hopefully.”
“What do you mean?”
“Well, let’s just say the last time I met this unicorn we didn’t really part on equal terms. Though there’s a chance it might not have happened yet.”
“Unfortunately in your case I’d say that’s very unlikely.”
Twilight’s mind raced as she remembered her friends, fighting Discord, and even her trips with the Doctor. Just as instantly as it had started it stopped.
“Twilight, are you okay?”
“Ugh.. Doctor? Why am I strapped to the control chair?”
“Good to see you back, oh and sorry about that, hold on.” The Doctor undid the straps binding her to the chair and gave her room to stand up.
“Thank you.” After that she slapped him.
“Ow, What was that for?”
“Last time I saw you, you left me on my porch unconscious and didn’t even come back to check on me. Don’t you know what that does to a mare?”
“Unbearably well.”
“What was that?”
“Oh nothing, nothing.”
I had to hold back laughter as I watched the events unfold before me. It seems the Doctor had quite the history with this mare and she obviously had an edge over him. After what seemed like minutes of this she finally turned her attention to me.
“Oh, um… hello, I’m Twilight Sparkle, pleasure to meet you.”
“Like wise. I’m Burning Flare.” I said shaking her hoof.
After that an awkward silence fell over the room. None of us knew what to do next. Discord had taken over Equestria and we now had his student, but had no clue on how we were going to stop him. Suddenly a loud gong sounded throughout the Tardis kind of like a door bell.
“Doctor, we’re on the moon, right?”
“Yeah.”
“Then who’s knocking?”
“I don’t know. He couldn’t have found us already. Who could possibly… wait. Oh this is good, this is very good.”
“Who is it Doctor?”
The Doctor opened the door and suddenly Twilight bowed down.
“Hello princess.”
“Hello Doctor.”

Comments ( 3 )

keep up the good work! :pinkiehappy:

I have to wonder whether its actually Luna, or if it's the Nightmare, given that several writers depict them as being separate entities once the Elements were used on her.

Login or register to comment