• Published 5th Mar 2012
  • 860 Views, 10 Comments

The Destruction of Reality - whynot707



Discord has destroyed reality as we know it, but can it be recovered?

  • ...
0
 10
 860

Chapter 2: A Town Made of Cardboard

“Doctor…”
“Yes Derpy?”
“Are you sure this is Ponyville?”
“I’m not sure myself.”

The town looked like it had come from the imagination of a small filly. Buildings were made of cardboard, roads multicolored and made of a chalk like dust, even the flora looked like it had been made from paper.
“It looks like someone took the whole town and made it into a school art project.” I said stating the obvious.
“Yeah, but what I want to know is where is everypony?” the Doctor said trotting off towards the town square.
“I don’t know, the whole town looks abandoned, even some of the buildings are starting to sag and fall apart.” I said noticing the state of some of the shops.

Passing building after building the town looked less like age had damaged it and more like something had attacked it. Some of the houses were burnt to ash, some looked as if it had been ripped by a giant claw, and some were even balled up and thrown to the ground like a piece of trash.
“Doctor, something happened to this town and whatever it was it was big.”
“Whatever it was it was looking for something. Look at the burn marks, they’re centered around the square.”

He was right, the square or whatever was left of it looked like it took the most damage from the attack.
“Hey, Doctor.” Derpy said weakly.
“Yes?”
“Do you think I can stop by my house? I want to see if anything is left.”
“Of course. Flare can you go with her, I want to take a look around here for a little longer.”
“Sure.”

We trotted along the burnt buildings with Derpy leading the way until we came upon a house that wasn’t as badly damaged as the rest.
“Is this it?”
“Yeah”
“Alright then, lets head in.”

Derpy had disappeared somewhere in the house so I took a look around. The interior wasn’t as bad as the outside but still built to match the towns theme. The small living room had a couch that was made of cardboard, oversized toothpicks, and even had cotton balls for cushions. There was even a small lamp in the corner that just seemed to be there for show. The other rooms were the same, just made to look at and have no real function.

Not seeing Derpy anywhere I decided to head upstairs. The second floor of the house seemed to be where the bedrooms were so I guessed Derpy went to get something out of her own bedroom. Passing the first room the thought hit me, the house was too big for just one mare to be living in it, could there have been others living here too? I looked and saw Derpy slumped on the floor in the room in front of me. It looked like the room had been made for a filly and Derpy just sat there, looking like she had just lost a piece of herself.
“Hey, are you alright?” I asked cautiously, not sure of how she would react.

She turned and just stared at me, still broken and unsure of what to make of me. After a few moments of just staring she burst into tears and hugged me. Not quite expecting this I stepped back a bit, but soon returned the hug trying to comfort her.
“Shh, calm down, tell me whats wrong.” I said already knowing the answer, but trying to get her to talk and calm down.
“My daughter, I don’t know where she is.” Derpy managed to say between tears and stutters.
“Hey, it’s alright. We’ll find her, don’t worry. Lets head back to the Doctor and start to look for her, ok.”
Derpy looked a little better after hearing this, her tears stopping.
“Ok.”
………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

The Doctor was having no luck with his search. There was no sign of anyone living in the town recently and even his sonic screwdriver wasn’t picking up any readings, which was odd because it was always able to pick up a small trace of anything, but now it didn’t seem to be working at all.
“Odd, it’s like something is keeping the sonic from working.” The Doctor muttered to himself.

He started to wander through the ash, closer to the center of the town. He had the odd feeling he was being watched.
………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………
“Lord Discord, there appear to be three ponies inside the town of ponyville. How should we deal with them?”

Discord was pleased with this, he hadn’t heard that name since he had turned it into a work of art by his view just to destroy it moments later.
“I think it’s time you proved your worth to me my student of chaos, take care of them yourself using what I taught you.”
“Yes my lord.”

He watched his student walk out the door, quite pleased by the fact that he was going to be able to watch her deal with something on her own without his help. After ripping the fabric of Reality he had woken up here, in his “Palace of Chaos”, where he quickly settled into the power he had. His power felt limitless, with Reality out of the way, there was no longer a bar on how far his power could go. Testing out his power he decided to turn the moon into a giant wheel of cheese which instantly transformed before his eyes, even though he hadn’t turned day to night.
“Hey, you two, get back to work.”

The two alicorns who had been whispering while he was basking in his memories jumped and one had knocked over a vase.
“That’s the spirit. Now get to work.”

The two left his chamber quickly, leaving him alone. After he had tested his powers he had decided to get revenge on all who had stopped his plans in the past. He started with the destruction of ponyville and the enslavement of all its citizens. He then separated the Elements of Harmony and hid them throughout Equestria. Finally humiliating Celestia and Luna he made them his personal servants, taking away their powers and working them to the bone every day, sometimes even turning them into statues.

Discord having decided his student must be arriving in ponyville soon, turned his entire chamber into a movie theater complete with a self-serve snack bar. After having gotten a large soda and popcorn the film projector started up focusing in on what was left of ponyville.
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………
“Doctor it’s good to see you, were you able to find anything.”
“Unfortunately no, even the sonics not picking up anything. Is Derpy ok?”

Derpys cheeks were still wet from earlier and she still looked depressed.
“Her daughter is missing and we were hoping we could go looking for her.”
“I’m sorry, but we’ll find her.” The Doctor said reassuring her.
“Thank you Doctor.” Was all she could reply.
“Well, where do we start?” I ask, hoping The Doctor actually had an answer.
“We should probably head back to the Tardis, if I can get it up and running again we can track where Derpy’s daughter is and get there instantly.”
“Alright lead the way”

We start heading back when something grabs my attention.
“Doctor, is it just me or is the ash moving?”

The ash was moving and gathering into a large object right behind us. It started to take the shape of what looked like a very large diamond dog.
“Doctor…” Derpy sounded terrified.
“Flare, can you hold it off until we find whoevers controlling this beast.”

Just then the monster let out a deafening roar.
“Yeah, leave it to me.”

My horn started to glow as two large wings of fire sprouted from my back. I guess I forgot to mention I have my own spell that allows me to fly using fire.
“Bring it on!” I shouted as we both charged at each other.
………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Watching from the window of a nearby house the purple unicorn was quite interested in her new opponent.
“Fire magic huh, this one’s going to be quite the challenge. Funny, he’s using the same type of magic that destroyed this town to protect his friends.”

A sudden shock went through her body, forcing her to the ground. Images started to flow through her head, fighting it they quickly disappeared.
“What was that?” She struggled to stand up.
“Ugh, my head feels clouded. Hold on, those three seem familiar but I don’t know why, must be my imagination. I should probably stop the other two before they get too far away.”

Her Horn glowed as three bears formed from the balled up cardboard that littered the street. They started to chase the other two.
………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..............

Charging through the monster there was little resistance. Turning around the upper chest of the monster had a large hole in it, but it appeared to be gathering back the ash it had lost and repairing itself until there was no noticeable difference. I charged again with the same result, but this time the creature attacked. Its claw smashed into my stomach knocking me into one of the buildings. Getting up I saw what looked like three bears heading towards the direction the Doctor looked and Derpy were headed.
“Sorry Doctor, Give me a few minutes and I’ll be right there, just don’t do something stupid.”

I charged the Monster again.