• Published 5th Mar 2012
  • 860 Views, 10 Comments

The Destruction of Reality - whynot707



Discord has destroyed reality as we know it, but can it be recovered?

  • ...
0
 10
 860

Chapter 3: A Flame Ignited

“Derpy, we need to split up.”
“What!?!”
Derpy and the Doctor were running as fast as their legs could carry them through the ruins of the destroyed town. The three beasts were quickly closing in on them bearing fangs of cardboard.
“I need you to find the one who is controlling them, they won’t be able to follow you if you fly.”
“But Doctor, I can’t just leave you to fend for yourself against them. They’ll kill you.”
“Don’t worry, I’ll be fine.” The doctor said trying to reassure her.
Derpy couldn’t help but remember the first rule she learned while traveling with him, “The Doctor lies.” Still she had to trust him, he was one of the few who could help her find her daughter. The Doctors been in worse situations she thought trying to remember anything worse happening.
“Alright, but where do I go?”
“Head back to Flare, all the creatures originated from there, the caster must be nearby watching.”
“Got it.”
She took off and turned flying straight over the tree beasts. They stopped, considering who they should chase after, they started to turn. The Doctor had to think fast, he had to make sure he gave Derpy enough time to get back.
“Oui, you big useless pieces of… er… scrap, yes, scrap works, you useless pieces of scrap. I bet you couldn’t catch anything if it was wrapped up right in front of you.”
A low growl came from the three as they turned to face the Doctor.
“I dare you to prove me wrong.” The doctor said as he started to run in the opposite direction.
The Beasts were now filled with rage, taking over all of what little intelligence they had making them completely forget the other one who had flew overhead just a few moments ago.
Derpy turned her head to see the three beasts chasing the Doctor fade from view.
“Stay safe Doctor.” She muttered under her breath.
She increased her speed as she neared the town square.
………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………
“Come on… how could you forget one of them had wings.” Discord shouted at the screen.
He was disappointed that his student had put too much attention into fighting just one of them and hadn’t taken account of the other’s strengths, such as the grey one who was flying back to stop her.
“You’re on your own here kid, I want to see how you handle this.” He sat back down before noticing he was out of popcorn and then went to go get more.
Watching from the back of the theater was a certain midnight blue alicorn who was trying to wrap her mind around the situation of just who these ponies were and if they could help. She couldn’t help feel like she was forgetting one of them.
………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………
The battle scene was coming into view. The hot sooted air was rushing past her as Derpy flew at top speed looking for the magic caster. Flare was still charging at the monster that seemed bigger than before, she could tell he was getting tired.
“I’ve got to stop this now.” She thought to herself as she started to circle the area looking for whoever was casting this magic.
Passing piles of cardboard and ash she couldn’t find anything, she started to lose hope but soon came upon a small house with a perfect view of the battle going on just behind her. She could have sworn she saw the curtain shift just a little bit in the second floor window.
“I have you now” she thought to herself as she snuck into the back of the house.
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………
“Damn, this thing is annoying.” I managed to breathe out as I stopped to rest a moment, big mistake. The thing swung and hit me hard in the gut, sending me flying and leaving three deep gashes from the ash claws.
Blood gushed from my wounds as I lay in the ash pile I was knocked into. The ash seemed to bend around me, entangling me in bonds I was too weak to break. The monster loomed overhead preparing the final attack, ready to wipe me away from existence. Looking up at it I wasn’t scared, instead something primal was waking up inside. The blood that was slowly surrounding me stopped flowing and started to boil; setting aflame like it was alcohol.
“Not again, not now.” My entire body started to burn, pain was extinguished only to be replaced by flame. It was consuming me just as it had all those years ago, the endless fire that existed in me was taking over, hungering for destruction. My vision was fading to black as I slowly slipped into darkness. I only managed to whisper one word before I fell into the fire.
“Run.”
………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………
“You have been a fun opponent, but now this must end.” She spoke to herself as she readied the claws of the ash monster to run him through. The monster raised its right arm and struck, pushing its claws through the lifeless body like it was a pin cushion.
“Now to focus on how to get rid of the other two, if they aren’t already dead.” She turned around to see a very angry grey mare with tears running down her cheeks.
“How… how could you, you just murdered him.” Derpy had witnessed the whole thing. With the loss of both her daughter and now the murder of her friend she was at the breaking point.
“Ah, perfect timing, I guess you volunteer to die next, that is unless the beasts get to your friend first.”
Spasms shook her body as she mentioned that word again, memories started to flow. She collapsed as another conciseness surfaced.
“Ugh, where am I? Wait, Derpy? What’s going on?”
Derpy had shifted from anger to confusion at her opponent’s apparent transformation. She wasn’t sure if this was a trick or not.
“Twilight, is that you?”
“What do you mean, who else could I be?”
“Never mind, what happened?”
“I don’t know, the last thing I remember is Discord attacking Ponyville and then everything after that is blank. Wait, I have to stop Discord, he’s free and…. Ugh.”
Twilight seemed to be fighting back something, but that something was winning. She turned towards Derpy with a murderous look in her eyes.
“Now that that little problem is delt with, I know just what to do with you. Before I kill you I’m going to take you prisoner and make you watch as I slowly torture that little filly you call a daughter until death wisps her away.” She laughed as she imagined the possibilities.
“Don’t you dare hurt her!” Derpy had finally snapped.
“Just try and stop me.” She laughed.
Derpy jumped to tackle her but was caught in midair by an invisible force.
“Oh, I’m sorry, did you forget I could do that? Well it doesn’t look like you can stop me after all.”
Derpy was struggling to move, she couldn’t allow her to hurt Dinky. Tears started to roll down her cheeks as she lost feeling in her legs.
“Giving up so soon, well that’s ok. Now we can deal with the last one running around then we can deal with you and your daughter.” She laughed even harder as a great flame appeared outside. “Wait, what the?”
Flare’s body had disappeared into a great flame that was now burning. It was growing turning from a bright orange to a deep blue as the heat increased. It ran up the monster’s arm that was still there and engulfed it. Seconds later the flames disappeared along with the ash only to reform at the base of where the monster was standing. Standing there was a great blue flame in the shape of an alicorn staring up right at them.
“How? I killed him.” Was all she could mutter out as she stared into the fire.
“I…I don’t know.” Derpy had never seen Flare like this, though she was relieved he was alive she wasn’t sure what to make of him.
Suddenly a flame shot up crashing through the window and set the room on fire. The distraction of the revived Flare and the now started fire was enough to break Twilights concentration and loosen the spell on Derpy. Derpy broke free and tackle twilight to the ground.
“Don’t you dare hurt my daughter!” she yelled as she stuck her across the face knocking her out.
As the anger cleared from her mind she realized she was in a cardboard house that was on fire. She turned toward the unconscious body of Twilight, she decided that she’s going to need information if she’s ever going to find Dinky in this new world and also the moment when the old Twilight surfaced still confused her. She picked her up on her back and flew out the now shattered window, towards the bright blue flame that was now Flare.
“Hey, thanks for the save there. I thought you were dead when that monster ran its claws through you, but I guess not. Anyway whats with the weird flames are they some sort of special power or something?” Derpy asked walking up to the flame. “Hey can you hear me? Can you talk when you’re like that?”
The mass of flames just turned and stared at her. Derpy was starting to feel uncomfortable with the blank stare and stepped back.
“Are…are you alright?” Derpy stuttered out.
The flame started walking towards her, fire spreading around it. Derpy could hear the faint voice of Flare as the flames were inches away.
“Run.”
Derpy took off, Twilight on her back, heading back to the Doctor. The mass of flames quickly took off after her, like a predator chasing its prey.
“Come on Doctor, where are you?”