• Published 31st Aug 2013
  • 25,844 Views, 10,268 Comments

Odrsjot - Imploding Colon



Rainbow Dash and her companions fly east.

  • ...
46
 10,268
 25,844

PreviousChapters Next
Where a Soldier Belongs

“What’s it doing now, EE?!” Props stammered, curled up against Ebon like an ostrich sticking hits head against a sailboat.

“Ahem…” Eagle Eye stood along the Noble Jury’s port side as the ship turned through the smoky air at a tight lean. His violet eyes squinted and squinted harder. “It appears to be attacking something in midair.”

“That doesn’t sound right,” Pilate spoke as Belle nervously glanced up. “Perhaps its mind is just as diseased as its heart?”

“Wait!” Eagle leaned forward, pursing his lips. “I see it now! Yes--Something’s distracting the dragon!”

“Something like wh-what?” Ebon exclaimed, trying to shove Props off of him.

“I see what looks like a brown copper hull, red crystal, moving very fast…”

“Can it be?!” Props gasped, blue eyes lighting up. “Another skystone skiffy?!”

Floydien growled against the dashboard. “Is a very bad time for stealing stabbies.”

“But if those are the same ponies that took away Kera…” Pilate spoke aloud. “...then what are they hoping to gain by attacking Nevlamas?”

“Don’t judge me too harshly for going out on a friendly limb here…” Eagle Eye glanced at the zebra and the others. “But maybe they’re distracting it for some reason?”

Ebon suddenly pointed. “Maybe we’re about to find out.”

“Huh?” Pilate exhaled.

“Beloved,” Belle muttered, nudging him. “Your sound stone.”

“Oh!” Pilate gasped, holding the shimmering piece of enchanted stone up to his lips. “Hello?! Rainbow Dash?! Roarke?”

”I’m afraid neither, Mr. Pilate,” a voice calmly echoed from the flickering rock.

“Ms. Zetta?”

”But we have your friend, Roarke. She’s in one piece, but she’s seen better days.”

Pilate’s metal brow furrowed “Care to be more specific?”

”I’m afraid there’s very little time. Rainbow, Nightshade, and Kera have flown on into the metal world.”

“Wait, what?!” Belle spat.

Zetta’s voice continued. ”It looks as though one of Khao’s ships is giving Rainbow the time she needs to return the flame to where it belongs. I think the rest of us should be taking this opportunity as well.”

“For the love of elbow grease!” Props barked. “Why’s everypony so far ahead of us?! We’re the ones with the sexy ship!”

Pilate ignored her. “Ms. Zetta, where are you located?!” He and Belle slowly stood up as they approached the front of the cockpit where the elk stood. “Tell us, and we’ll be there in a heartbeat!”


The poleaxe that Josho levitated at his side was becoming bent, fractured from Seclorum’s repeated attacks. Breathless, running out of energy even to teleport, the obese stallion shuffled his way towards the northeastern edge of the plateau. A managlider had collapsed into the wall just beneath the wet earth’s jutting edge. Rising smoke licked the air in billowing waves, briefly obscuring the dark metal ravine and the trenches full of battling Ledomaritans and Xonans beyond.

“You’re slowing down, old friend,” Seclorum sneered, inching his way closer towards his stumbling adversary. “You should have stayed in the pits. Your end would have come faster that way.”

“How can you m-move so fast?!” Josho spat, wincing between each hyperventilating breath. He limped from the many bruises inflicted upon him by Seclorum’s metal-reinforced limbs. “You’re not even breaking a sweat!”

“I’m not the weak coward that you think I am, Josho,” the battered stallion said with a hissing tone. “I have a plan and a purpose here. This is to be the rebirth of all things…”

“Will you st-start making sense, for once?!” Josho growled, his rear right hoof slipping at the very edge of the cliff. He stifled a yelp, using the poleaxe to regain balance, however precariously. “What did they do to your insides while slapping metal chunks to your outsides?!”

“She wills that I stay here…” Seclorum’s glazed eyes shone with bursts of green bomb shells in the distance. “I must follow her wishes!”

“Who is she?!” Josho gritted his teeth. “Dammit, Secchy! I’m trying to save your flank! Don’t you realize that?!”

“I don’t need saving…” Seclorum’s neck jerked spastically, and he went in for the kill. “And neither will you!”

Josho flashed energy through his horn and doubled his telekinetic grip of the poleaxe. He deflected Seclorum’s charge, but it was a weak effort at best. With each lurching second, Seclorum shoved his old friend one savage inch after another, forcing Josho to rock on the middle of his back hooves, teetering upon the precipice.

Josho shook with the effort to keep himself upright. His muscles twitched as his nostrils flared. He started to lean back…


“Is striped boomer certain of this?!” Floydien grunted as he swerved the Noble Jury south, cutting through swaths of smoke and flak. “Nancy Jane might be better off without metal boomerette and angry-angry teeth! Too jarringly close to Nancy’s womb day in and day out, Floydien thinks! Yes yes?”

“We owe Roarke ten times over, Mr. Floydien!” Pilate said as he and Belle gripped to the side of the cockpit. “Besides, I’m sure that if we didn’t pick her up, Rainbow Dash would certainly tear us limb from--” Pilate flinched heavily. “Guhh!”

Belle gasped. “Beloved!”

The zebra collapsed to his knees, gripping his choker while wheezing.

“Pilate, what’s wrong?!” Belle knelt beside him, running a hoof through his mane. “Speak to me!”

“Friggin’... gonna kill me…” Pilate murmured, his tone undulating.

“Pilate…?” Belle winced.

“That sounded like roly poly!” Props chirped.

“Josho?!” Eagle Eye suddenly slid into the cockpit, eyes wide. “Pilate, what did you feel just now?”

“As if…” Pilate winced, panting. He gulped and said, “As if I was falling. J-just now.” His clear eyes squinted. “Though, not exactly. But… I… I mean he…” The zebra tilted his head up with a quivering muzzle. “Josho is in grave trouble.”

Eagle Eye’s ears folded as his lavender coat paled. He glanced at the others, then out at the mayhem blurring by them. At last, he clenched his jaw and looked Pilate’s way. “Can you pinpoint where he is, exactly?”

“Vaguely…” Pilate winced as Belle helped him back to his hooves. “If we slowed down and flew closer to the ground, then perhaps--”

“Floydien!” Eagle Eye shouted. “Bring us down to sea level!”

The elk flinched. “What you spit?!”

“Eagle…?” Ebon murmured.

“You guys need to drop me off!” Eagle Eye exclaimed.

“What in Spark’s name for?!” Belle stammered.

“Go on and get Roarke! I need to do this!” Eagle Eye floated his sword and shield beside him as he marched out and mounted the edge of the Jury. “Once you’ve got her, follow Pilate’s leyline back to me! Hopefully, by then, there’ll still be a fat fart attached to it!”

“Eagle, it’s a hellish warzone down there!” Ebon said, grimacing. “You won’t last ten seconds in that mess!”

Eagle Eye glared over. “I’m a soldier, Ebon. This place won’t know what jumped into it.” His eyes darted savagely the elk’s way. “Mr. Floydien, would you kindly lower the damn ship?!”

PreviousChapters Next