• Published 8th Sep 2013
  • 1,751 Views, 30 Comments

totallynotabrony's totallynotastory - totallynotabrony



Pieces and parts that didn't work out.

  • ...
4
 30
 1,751

Friendship Export Co. Ltd. (action)

(no cover art)

(no description)

I had an idea about ponies setting up some kind of "East India Company of Friendship" in the human world. It may have been a kind of spiritual sequel to Magical Harmony Spec Ops Friendship. The muse just wouldn't come.


The building was located in a business park just north of Seattle-Tacoma International Airport. It half a dozen spaces for rent, was merely a single story, glass-fronted, and the next thing to soulless.

Plain letters on one of the office doors read: Friendship Export Co. Ltd. The door was kept locked. There were shades pulled over the windows. Inside, there were a few computers and printers, standard office equipment. The back room held a large conference table and some high-end video teleconference gear.

There were currently cars occupying the spaces in front of the building, the only outward indication that the office was occupied.

In the back room, there were sixteen present, slightly crowding the room. Twelve of them could have been six pairs of twins. They were joined by three other women and a dog.

“I’m sorry to hear about what happened at Canterlot High.” Twilight Sparkle, one of two young women in purple, spoke. She glanced across the table at a woman who looked strikingly like her, differentiated only by the pair of glasses she wore.

“Well, to be honest, it was getting to be a bit of a chore,” Celestia replied from the head of the table. Something in her tone suggested that was not her entire reaction, but she kept the conversation moving. “I must say, this was an unexpected career move. Please give Princess Celestia my regards. Before we begin, can we get you anything? Coffee?”

Twilight glanced at the women seated on her side of the table. “Do you have tea?”

“We really should have anticipated you’d ask,” Celestia replied regretfully. “Apologies, Seattle is known for coffee.”

Lack of beverages aside, the meeting was not impeded much. The lights dimmed and a projector lit the screen at the front of the room. Celestia walked the group through a few PowerPoint slides to update on progress.

“There were no problems distributing the imported gold to a number of buyers around the city. Our startup costs are covered as well as expenses for the next three months.