• Published 8th Sep 2013
  • 1,751 Views, 30 Comments

totallynotabrony's totallynotastory - totallynotabrony



Pieces and parts that didn't work out.

  • ...
4
 30
 1,751

Voltrony (comedy)

(no cover art)

Twilight gets her interdimensional cable TV set up and discovers a show called Voltron, about robots that combine together to form a bigger robot.

She can't help but wonder about the validity of such an experiment.

However, not enough robots and more than enough magic results in...not exactly the same thing.

I thought it was a unique idea until I found dozens just like it.


Twilight Sparkle was many things - a librarian, a scholar, purple pony princess, a nerd - but she was no showmare. When she had something to say, she got straight to the point.

"I believe I can increase the effectiveness and coordination of our friendship magic by literally bringing us closer together."

Her friends, the other five ponies she'd called for a meeting around the circular crystal table in her castle, showed varying levels of enthusiasm.

"Don't we need room to manuver?" asked Rainbow Dash. "Isn't this about fighting monsters?"

"But being closer together makes group hugs easier," said Pinkie Pie. "Right, Twilight? Is this a plan to group-hug every bad guy we meet?"

"Not exactly, or at least not the way you're thinking of it," Twilight replied.

"If we're going to be standing closer together, that should easily put us in group hug range," Applejack speculated, pushing her hat back.

"Closer," said Twilight.

"Surely we won't be battling monsters cheek to cheek?" Rarity shifted uncomfortably, as if concerned somepony would attempt to get that close.

"Closer," said Twilight.

"Well, the only way to get closer than cheek to cheek would be if we were inside each other's skin and combined together into some kind of multi-pony amalgamation," said Pinkie.

The others laughed. Twilight didn't.

"Wait, really?" said Applejack, first to notice the serious look on her face.

"Well, think about it," said Twilight. "All our talents and abilities combined into one form would help us be even more in sync when we set out to do something."

"I…can see your point," said Rarity. "But all of us are individuals, darling. That's part of what makes each one of us special."

"Not to mention making ourselves one target makes it easier for a monster to attack us," added Rainbow.

"And I know Fluttershy's too embarrassed to say anything, but she's mortified at the thought of being so completely intimate," said Pinkie.

Fluttershy's face turned red, but she managed to nod once before hiding behind her mane.

"Well, I didn't intend to imply that this was the best idea for all circumstances," said Twilight. "But it would give us another option. For example, if we had to solve a friendship problem in a hole that was only big enough for one pony."

Applejack lifted one eyebrow.

"Or if we were on the train going someplace we could save money on one ticket instead of six!" Pinkie suggested.

Applejack's eyebrow lowered.

"I couldn't imagine what we would all look like," said Rarity. "Which is why I'm certain this would result in a form never before seen nor clothed! I would certainly enjoy the challenge."

Applejack's eyebrow went back up.

"So, can we at least try this?" said Twilight. "If we don't like it, then we'll know."

Varying levels of agreement went around the table.

Twilight, not hearing a no, said "Okay girls, let's do this."

"It's morphin' time!" Pinkie cheered.

Being Pinkie, it didn't even elicit a reaction from the rest.

Twilight showed them to her study room and brought out several scrolls of paper covered in scribbles. "I think I have everything worked out. I also built a reversal spell on a three minute timer, just in case."

She took a piece of chalk and drew out a quick six-pointed star on the floor. "Girls, if you could stand at each point."

The six of them took their places, wearing expressions that ranged between nervous, cautious, and excited.

"Okay," said Twilight, holding a scroll out in front of her. "And here we go…"

There was quite a lot of light. It began at Twilight's horn but spread to the scroll and then her friends, enveloping each of them in swirling, multicolored magic. The entire room seemed to fill with bright colors before it condensed down to one being, standing in the center of the chalk star.

She was an alicorn, though not much taller than the average mare and with a smaller horn and wings. Her coat was a shade paler pink than Pinkie Pie. Her grey mane seemed to go everywhichway, not following any one style. Her eyes were nearly the same purple as Twilight's, and when they opened they spun in confusion at having six minds in one brain.

What in ponyfeathers -tarnation
awesome! happened to me don't like this

Her body jerked awkwardly, trying to go several ways at once, but the general consensus agreed on the mirror in the corner and she lurched in that direction.

Gotta see my mane wings magic what do we
look like?

The thoughts briefly fell silent as she looked at herself, but started up again just as fast.

What the Lame! Is that me? I can't wait to need to take notes.

She tried to move again, but only succeeded in falling over this time, involuntarily grunting in pain.

"Stooop," she slurred.

Who said that?

Me!

Twilight?

"Hang on," she managed to say. "Jus-"

"Wait, how does this thing work?"

Pinkie! I'm trying to

We can

Just let Twilight

Her legs began twitching in all directions even as she lay on her side. The almalgamated alicorn began to flop across the floor.

Ouch! Sorry, I didn't Everypony stop!
We need to

About that time, the spell timer ran out and with a flash the six of them were standing back where they had been three minutes before. All six simultaneously fell over, trying to overcompensate for now having only singular bodies.

"Ugh," Twilight groaned, sitting up. "That wasn't what I was planning at all."

"Just what did you intend?" Rarity asked.

"I didn't think our minds would be fighting each other." Twilight gestured, bringing her hooves together. "I expected them to merge just like our bodies."

"What?" said Rainbow. "That's really freaky. Getting merged up is one thing, but that would be like looking my identity, like I didn't exist anymore."

"We've had some of that before, what with some of the villains we've faced," said Applejack. "And I wouldn't do it again for any reason."

"Okay, okay, maybe this wasn't such a good idea," said Twilight. "Which is why I have a backup spell!"

That statement went over like a plutonium cloud. Twilight, however, ran to grab her notes again over the audible groans of her friends. "Hang on, this is going to be different. Instead of merging all into one body, we'll combine."

"What's the difference?" said Rainbow, as if she didn't really want to know.

"Rather than becoming a homogenous new form, we'll use parts of our bodies to build into a new body."

"I don't like this idea," said Fluttershy.

"It'll guarantee we don't get our personalities mixed. We'll all still have our own minds." Twilight glanced at her notes. "Okay everypony, back to the spell star!"

The others moved reluctantly, but they moved. The six positioned themselves around the rune on the floor again and Twilight cast the spell.

She blinked away the light and saw that she was alone. Looking down, however, Twilight discovered that she may not have been quite as alone as it seemed.

Her front legs were yellow, her hind legs were orange, her wings were blue, her mane was pink, and the rest of her body was white. Looking in the mirror, Twilight found that she had her own head, at least.

"Hello?" she said out loud.

A
P
T
R
R
F

Spike merged with a doormat