• Published 13th Aug 2013
  • 1,104 Views, 13 Comments

Luna's Return, Rise of the Lunar Republic - vx2254



After a thousand years banishment for an attempted coup, Princess Luna returns to her homeland from distant lands, a seemingly endless fleet of Airships and Soldiers at her disposal. Will this be the end of the Kingdom of Equestria as we know it?

  • ...
4
 13
 1,104

Arrival

Twilight stared out the window at the landscape passing by; the rocky cliffs and mountainous terrain around Canterlot giving way to rolling hills, meadows, and well-tended fields of crops that made up the breadbasket of the entire Empire. The crowded train car was filled with the sounds of people talking, discussing the upcoming event, gossip, and rumors.

Some of the people nearby found themselves in shock as Spike received a letter from the Princess, his green-flame nearly causing a panic, though once reassured the train car wasn't on fire, people slowly went back to their conversations, as if nothing had happened.

"Huh... It seems Princess Celestia wants us to oversee preparations for the event." Spike said, handing Twilight the parchment.

"Very well..." Twilight said, looking over the list as the train slowed and soon stopped at the station platform. She turned her gaze towards the windows again, noticing how crowded the station and street around it looked; thousands from all over the Empire gathering in this normally quiet rural town for one of the greatest of celebrations. Most of them began clearing out, heading to other events going on throughout town, a few people lingering around the platform, waiting for relatives or just simply anti-social, like Twilight.

Still; Twilight left the train with all the others; people spreading out and disappearing into the crowd around town, leaving Twilight, Spike, and a few others behind.

"You know, Twilight; maybe you should try making friends like the Princess asked. It can't be that hard; give it a shot! I'm sure the people here have plenty of interesting things to talk about." Spike said, urging Twilight to follow through with Celestia's request first.

Twilight glared at Spike for a moment, sighing as she knew she couldn't just ignore Celestia's request, no matter how much she disapproved of the idea of making friends. After all; how would that help her in the long run? Still; Spike was right; it couldn't hurt to at least try. She noticed a pink-haired girl, who held a large stack of papers in her hands, approaching her. Figuring this nearby person would be as good as any to try and make friends with, Twilight spoke up. "Hello..." She said, not really sure what to say, never having been one to start conversations before.

The pink-haired girl Twilight spoke to looked her and Spike over thoroughly, noticing their luggage. Upon seeing this, she gasped and ran off back into town, leaving behind the papers, which now flew freely into the air as she ran down the main street.

"Well... That certainly was interesting." Twilight said, while Spike sighed and followed her to their new place of residence; the Library. The old building was definitely the kind of place Twilight would call home; surrounded by a vast amount of knowledge in a fairly secluded community where she wouldn't find herself dealing with many others on a daily basis.

-----

Across the vast, wild expanse of the Everfree Forest; a storm was brewing. Princess Luna, having traveled the world during her thousand-year banishment, now stood looking out over the opposite end of the mighty forest which made up the Western border of the Celestian Empire. She had seen much, met many, and was exposed to new ideas chief among these being an idea that government could be run by the people, or more accurately; elected representatives of the people. A system where personal freedoms and the liberty of all Citizens took priority over the authoritarian dictatorship young Luna had known most of her life.

Of the many, many tribes she had met in her travels, she had gathered plenty of followers; some following her because they believed in her cause, others because they wanted a share of the wealth the Celestian Empire had to offer; whatever the case, she had gathered with an army of Tribals; dark-skinned tribespeople from the Far West whose shaman's held a vast knowledge of the properties of magic, an energy most Mages in the Empire barely understood by comparison; Tribals from the far-north hardened by harsh climates armed to the teeth, who lived for combat; and Nomads from the south, who valued the earth as a sacred treasure and regarded the Celestian Empire and their Industrialization as a threat to the well-being of that which they loved.

Luna had brought all these people together under her banner; uniting them into a massive force capable of standing toe-to-toe with Celestia's army. Now here they stodd; with one great barrier between them and the rich, fertile, industrious lands to the East, still living under an Autocratic, iron-fisted regime; a situation that would not change lest Luna herself expose to the people what it was they were missing.

She watched as a couple local tribesmen she'd recruited as guides emerged from the forest, having found a relatively safe path around the worst beasts the forests housed. With that being said, Luna signaled to her united force to move forward; the vast army marching through the Everfree Forest. Little was said as they wandered beneath the thick canopy, through which little light shined. Their progress was stunning, however, little incident being had with the creatures of the forest, some speculating they'd even arrive in Imperial Territory before dawn.

Luna's thought were troubled as she marched at the head of her force. She wondered how much had changed in her absence, how many still remembered her and if her sister was still angry with her... Still; Luna had goals to fulfill; to liberate Equestria from the grip of tyranny and injustice, a goal she would see through to the bitter end. All doubts took a back seat in her mind, replaced with anticipation for the upcoming battle and, hopefully, defeat of her older sister; a figurehead despised by most who knew of Equestria's existence. After all; the fact the people of the Empire loved Celestia would mean nothing when the world itself was turned against her.

Comments ( 7 )

Lovedit reminds me of Fable 3. Hope to see more.

I took the liberty to make a reading on this on youtube, hop you don't mind. (If you do, let me know and it will be removed):duck:

3055638

I don't mind as long as I'm properly credited, sir ^^

There'll be more to come soon.

3055686

That goes without saying. I woundn't want the credit for work I have not done. You are credited and the link to your story is in the describtion. If there is anything to your dislike, let me know and we can see if we can work it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfy87X_fsUM

Why did it not inform me that it had updated :raritydespair: I found out it was just now. Anyway... A little short but good overall and I'm looking forward for more in the future :pinkiehappy:

4779426
Goddamn. It looked so gooooooood!!!

Login or register to comment