• Published 10th Aug 2013
  • 3,914 Views, 24 Comments

The Mane 12 - PinkiePotter42



When Twilight and her friends find a magic portal, what awaits them on the othe side is their own Ponyville - with a twist. How will the Mane 6 interact ... with their alternate selves?What is their biggest difference? Ha Ha! The fun has been doubled

  • ...
6
 24
 3,914

Party Soft

Twilight and Dusk strode off towards the inner part of the library, leaving their friends standing in the now awkwardly silent foyer. Applejack cleared his throat;
"Since y'all are new here, how about we show y'all around?"
Bubble Berry slid over to his friend's side.
"Great idea, AJ! Now, which of these girls am I going to give the V.I.P tour? Very important party, that is!"
Bubble Berry scanned the crowd - one of the mares, Fluttershy, he thought, looked particularly shy and nervous... she definitely need a party!
"C'mon, Flutters! Lets' go!"
He linked arms with the filly, and pulled her out the door.

Bubble bounced along next to the tawny mare, the spring in his step sharp contrast to her shrunken shuffle, wings drooping, and her aqua eyes shimmering shyly behind a curtain of coral hair. The only thing they seemed to share was a fuchsia flush. He slowly stopped jumping; his gallivanting spring reduced to a hop then a slow trot.
"What's up, buttercup?"
He flashed her one of his biggest smiles, receiving a whimper as she shied away. He didn't seem to know what was wrong. It had seemed he had lost his ability to brighten ponies' days. He smiled at the passing Guyra, earning a grin in return, like usual. It seemed his charm wasn't working on this mare in particular.
"So, have you done everything we've done? Like, the Gala, that was awesome, with all the vests, and the dancing, and the singing, ooh, and the Royal Wedding! Please tell me you went to that, 'cause it was so cool, and I thought it was just going to be a normal wedding, but then BAM! The changelings show up, and we end up in this huge fight, and-"
He looked over to her, a hopeful gleam in his eye, but was faced with an even sadder look than before. He would have to resort to plan B - it always worked on Butterscotch. Why hadn't he thought of it before?

He stopped in front of her, putting his hooves on her shoulders, stopping her in her tracks. He softened his tone.
"Hey, Fluttershy?"
She looked up, eyes afraid and cautious.

"Sorry you got stuck with this crazy pony!" Bubble waved his hoofs in the air dramatically, derping his eyes. She gave a little giggle. Bubble grinned- he was back on track. His smile softened to a coy grin, then he shook his head, as if snapping himself out of some sort of trance. He fiddled with his mane for a moment, then struck what looked like an attempt at a sophisticated pose. If only Elusive could see him now.

"How about I take you down to Sugar Cube Corner? We can visit the Cakes, see what they're baking today. It would be my treat to accompany such a nice madam as yourself"
He tried to imitate Elusive's elegant stride, tripping up in the process. It was really funny to watch- the party pony holding his head high, striding down the dirt road as if it were a cat walk. Fluttershy smiled, pawing at the tip of her mane. It was hard to tell if he had impressed her, or if she was holding back a laugh.
"Um,"

She was interrupted by a group of three ponies, a stallion and two school fillies.
"Sugar! Spice! Go to Sugar Cube Corner and get me some crackers and peanut butter! Quickly! The Great and Powerful Trevor does not like to be kept waiting!"
Trevor posed, his cape fluttering dramatically as he used his magic to activate fireworks and sparklers behind him. Show off. He strode towards Fluttershy.
"Ugh, Bubble Berry and Butterscotch... a mare? Ha, I knew it, that's why you were always such a scaredy-cat. Those tail extensions really suit you."
He held his head high, kicking dust onto her as her marched towards the sweet shop.

That jerk. Bubble's already pink face ignited to a deep red. You could practically see what he was thinking, and his bouncy mane even lost a bit of its curl. He stood in front of Fluttershy's shrunken form, copying the stance Dusk took when casting powerful magic.
"Don't you dare insult her, meanie!"
Trevor whirled around, in a manner more suited to the likes of Severus Snape.
"Hmm? Oh, Bubble's got a crush. How quaint."
Trevor flicked his mane out of his eyes, looking the strange up and down. He strode towards them, Sugar and Spice dashing after him.
"We got your crackers, Trevor."
Trevor scowled.
"It's the Great and Powerful Trevor you fools!" he shouted, knocking the crackers to the ground. He reared onto his hind legs, spraying Bubble with dirt and shattered cracker bits.
"Let's leave these unfortunate little foals alone, shall we? I don't hurt little fillies."
Trevor galloped off, Sugar and Spice in tow, leaving the two unlikely companions in the street. He was lucky Bubble hadn't charged, or worse, brought out the party cannon. It could have been messy.

"Um, Bubble..."
Bubble twirled around, still fuming from their encounter with the annoying and arrogant Trevor, then tried to saunter over with flair that not even Rarity possesed. She had dusted herself off, a speck of dirt clinging persistently to her muzzle.
"You know, um, what you said about Sugar Cube Corner? Well, I'd really like to go, I mean, if that's all right with you, or-"
He brushed aside her mane and wiped the dirt off her nose, trying to control his rapidly increasing heartbeat.
"Lead the way."

They turned to head down to the shop, side by side, when the ground was shaken with a thundering boom and the sun began to fade as they were thrown to the ground. What the hay?

Comments ( 11 )

Shouldn't have switched to first person. Or rushed the romance.

Sorry if it is a bit rushed:fluttershyouch:- I thought it would suit Bubble's personality to have him not sure of what he was doing, kind of switching attitudes and being a bit random/out of control for sharp contrast to Fluttershy. I will probably go over and edit it, but I desperately wanted to publish the chapter! I will probably extend this one - a lot - but I wanted to put down the bare bones of the plot to help me try and sort out what will happen to the others.

3173379
Please consider a re-read, I have massively edited it and I think it is much better.
I did wonder if the romance was a bit rushed myself, and now that you mention it, the story would make more sense from a third person perspective.
Thanks for the advice- this is my first fan fic. :twilightblush:

3179021
Oh, uh, you're welcome... in fact I'd like to apologize for being so short in my comment. I was just so interested in this fic, then this chapter disappointed me -- but it looks much better now.

Is this gonna update any time soon?

MOAR MOAR MOAR! :flutterrage:

Moarmoarmoarmoar

Please update soon. :fluttercry:

Update plz its a really really good

Ok, romace started too. But i need moar!

Login or register to comment