• Published 10th Aug 2013
  • 3,912 Views, 24 Comments

The Mane 12 - PinkiePotter42



When Twilight and her friends find a magic portal, what awaits them on the othe side is their own Ponyville - with a twist. How will the Mane 6 interact ... with their alternate selves?What is their biggest difference? Ha Ha! The fun has been doubled

  • ...
6
 24
 3,912

6 + 6

Twilight almost fell down the stairs. In front of her she saw six stallions and a dragon having lunch. They were so similar to her friends that she nearly could have sworn that she was looking in a mirror.

The white one was clearly Rarity- his unicorn horn swimming is a blue haze as he lifted a napkin to his mouth. A male Rainbow Dash was creeping up behind stallion Fluttershy, and stallion Applejack - a spitting image of Big Macintosh - was chatting to a male version of Twilight. Their cutie marks matched the sixs' perfectly, and so did their personalities. There was even a girl Spike, fawning over stallion Rarity.

Her friends crowded around the door, equal looks of shock on their faces.
"Look at him! Isn't that white pony handsome?"
Rarity flicked her mane, adjusting it with her hoof. It was obvious she had made the connection.
"Don't y'all find this a bit creepy?"
Asked Applejack, shying away from the door in a manner that would be more suited to Fluttershy.
"Let's just leave this place. Right now." whispered Twilight, ushering the others down the stairs.
"Achoo!"
Just when they were about to make their getaway, Spike sneezed - creating a green fire cloud, and causing the other ponies heads to snap to them.
Twilight shuffled her feet.
"Um, hello?"
The six male ponies charged at Twilight and her friends. Male Twilight was clearly the leader, his horn blazing, as female Spike rode on his back.
"Hey boys? Remember how to deal with Changelings?"

Twilight noticed that he was fitting his companions with golden breastplates, each with a different gem in the center. A gold crown rest atop his head. She had seem something like that before... think Twilight, think.
"The Elements of Harmony?" she guessed, hooves shielding her face.
The boys skidded to a halt. Stallion Pinkie came to circle them.
"What do you know about the Elements?" said guy Rarity, striding over with an air of elegance, rivaling even our Rarity.
"What has King Nymphamos told you about them? Huh? Huh? Huh?"
Male Pinkie darted around them, much like normal Pinkie.
"Calm down, Bubble Berry. Elusive - maybe they have a point. I don't trust them entirely yet, but I'll at least tell them our names. Don't let your guard down, men."

Male Twilight assembled the boys in a line. Twilight did the same, so that each pony faced their counterpart.
"This is Bubble Berry, the pink one, Applejack, orange, Rainbow Blitz, in blue, Butterscotch, yellow, Elusive, white, Barbra, the dragon, and me, Prince Dusk Shine."
Dusk spread his wings, his air of authority flooding the room, crown twinkling. Twilight stood her ground, though she felt strange, addressing herself.
"This is Pinkie Pie, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Rarity and Spike, respectively, and I am Princess Twilight Sparkle - but you can call me Twilight."
She spread her wings to match Dusk's.

Dusk looked her up and down apprehensively.
"How can you prove that you aren't changelings?"
Pinkie took a big breath.
"We came from this alternate universe, called Equestria, where we're ruled by Princess Celestia and Princess Luna, who control the sun and moon, but they had this big fight and Luna went all evil, so we had to stop her of course, and Fluttershy helped a manticore, and Dashie fixed this old bridge, and Rarity used her tail to fix this dragon's mustache, but when we got there Luna was all like 'I'm nightmare Moon', and Twilight's eyes went all white, and our elements started glowing, and then KAPOW this massive rainbow came down and wrapped her up and she wasn't evil anymore!"
She gave Dusk a huge smile. For a moment, nothing happened, but after about 5 seconds, Bubble broke out into a smile and gave her a high five.
"Nice one, Pinks!"

Dusk shook his head and looked back at Twilight for her to continue. Twilight kicked some dust onto Rarity's flank.
"Agh! Dirt! Get it away! No no no no! More dirt! Get it off!"
Dusk turned away still not convinced. Twilight thought for a while, then decided to use her trump card.
"What if I told you about how you went through a magical portal to the human world, specifically Canterlot High, where you had to run for Prince of the Fall Formal to regain your crown after it had been stolen by a orangey pony with a red and yellow mane, and you met human versions of all of your friends, and Barbra was a dog? Oh, and you met this really cool orange filly, blue mane, that you kind of had a crush on, who asked you to dance at the formal, and turned out to be a member of the royal guard."

Dusk blushed, and Twilight knew she had hit the target. She gave a clever smile. Dusk shook his head and tried to calm his reddened cheeks.
"You have some explaining to do."

Author's Note:

The next few chapter will all take place at the same time until, when I notify you, they will all come together for the final battle... ( and the rest of the story)