• Published 21st Feb 2012
  • 570 Views, 9 Comments

On the Flipside - MKIIPro121996



Pinkie Pie pulls a middle aged man out of depression

  • ...
 9
 570

Chapter 5

We returned to the hotel about three hours later.
Pinkie was still in bed, sound asleep. I set a little Teddy bear into her hooves, and she held it like it were her life.
She had never had a stuffed animal.. She used to cuddle with pillows a lot.
It was about 2:30 in the afternoon, and I was already feeling tired. I took a shot of Monster that I had from last night, and made use of it.
Tomorrow is Tuesday, and I have no plans on what to do. I pull out an old box, with some things that my Mother had before she passed
a month ago..
My aunt's pearl necklace, some silver dollars, and some of her old cards, one of them her hunting license.
They were the only things I had left of her. My uncle got the rest of what she had, including family pictures.
I notice Pinkie wakes up, and turns over. She was already looking better.
"Hey, Pink.. You feeling better?" I asked her in a soft tone.
She slightly nodded, and got out of bed. She hopped up onto the window sill, and looked down the street to the amazing square.
She looked back at me, with a small smile on her face, and her sharp, light cyan eyes.
I said "Okay.. I guess we can take you down there.." I said thinking..
"Are you sure you want to go down there when you're not feeling too well?" I finished.
She nodded. She hasn't been a pony of many words lately. Her personality was still very hyper and active.
"Yeah, Why not? It looks like a big party down there." She said with an enthusiastic tone.
We bundled into some coats, and locked the room up. It was pretty cold out, about 9 degrees.
Misha wanted to go Into Tiffany's and Macy's, while Pinkie and I went to the M&Ms store, and FAO Schwarz.
Pinkie couldn't hold in her huge smile anymore. The bright coloured stuffed animals and toys brought her back down to earth.
I bought her a five pound Hershey bar, and of course, you can imagine how that went. Gone in less than an hour.
She always has a constant sugar rush, and a very, very positive attitude. Some of it I swear has rubbed off on me.
She means so much in my life, I don't know what I'd do without her. I would probably be long gone.
When she saw all of the Teddy bears, she ran over there as fast as she could. She saw all of the Teddies I selected from,
And there were only two left sitting on the shelf.
"They're just like the one I have!" she said, ecstatic.
I asked "Yeah, do you like the one you have?'
"Like it? LIKE it?! No other Teddy can take Mac's place!" she said.
I was happy to hear that she had anew friend. She needed one in a bad way.
Misha walked up behind me and wrapped herself around me. Apparently both stores were closed.
"Come on, Pinkie, it's time to go back to the hotel.. We're all tired.." I said. I was pretty drained of energy.
We stopped at Lindy's cheesecake factory on the way back to get something to eat, and I sure was glad the tickets Pinkie gave me were all-expense-paid.
When we got back to the room, Everything was nice and neat, and my Mother's box sitting on the dresser just where I had left it.
It was already 10 in the evening. I was the first to crash, with pinkie lying by my side. Misha got into bed about 1:45, again, staying up to do schoolwork.
It was a good night, I actually got some sleep. Usually I'm staying up all night, regretting what I've done in the past. Then again, all of that was the last thing on my mind.