• Published 21st Feb 2012
  • 568 Views, 9 Comments

On the Flipside - MKIIPro121996



Pinkie Pie pulls a middle aged man out of depression

  • ...
 9
 568

Chapter 2

It's been about six months since I picked Pinkie up... I've taught her how to speak.
She is catching on fast, and her emotions seem to be a bit on the brighter side.
She went to the Super Bowl party at Misha's house with me, and a few of her other friends.
They couldn't believe that I had Pinkie in real life.
I know the majority of who she had over had watched at least one episode of the show.
Pinkie absolutely loved that party.. She devoured the entire cake in one sitting, and had so many brownies there was a shortage of Fudge Brownie mix.
Since, She has always spent the night in my bedroom..Since it was the only room in the house that didn't have some kind of project going on.
She asked me one night if something bad was going to happen, since the power was out and a huge thunderstorm rolled in.
Pinkie slept with me that night, and has since.
One day, I cleared a space for her in my Walk in closet I had.
She liked the isolated area.. a lot.
She liked the idea, but it never really caught on.
She still sleeps with me, and would ask me to hold her when she needed a shoulder.
Her mane was still straight, though. I knew my birthday was tomorrow, and I knew she'd be up to something.
She climbed up into my bed when I turned on the 11:00 News before I went to sleep.
She nestled up close to me and asked me
"Why are you so down, Daddy..? I know things have been all messed up... but something just isn't right.."
I didn't know how to reply.. That's the first time she's ever called me 'Daddy..'
"Why? It hurts me bad to see you like this.. It's the day before your birthday, you should be happy."
I just wanted to cry... I haven't ever had a daughter... Then again..I've raised her.. and that's the way she sees me..
"Pinkie... Let me tell you about what happened a long time ago.. When I was in high school.."
She perked her ears up and listened.
"I really liked life. Until I messed up. There was a girl there that was a beautiful young lady.. By the name of Rhianna.
I never really talked to her...But I kind of liked her. She showed me that I had something to live for one day.. In the
earlier stages of our friendship. She had a lot of friends, and with that came a lot of foes. She became really upset one
day when a bunch of her friends turned the tables on her, and she looked like she was in deep depression for the rest of the day.
I felt like talking to her, but I was too shy to. She went home and hung herself that night because of what her friends
did to her. I still feel so guilty about it that I'm about to fix this on my own."
Pinkie looked at me as her eyes shed a tear.
"Why do you feel like you messed up? You couldn't help what happened to her.."
I looked at her and stroked her mane.
"She made a permanent solution to a temporary problem.."
I couldn't continue to talk to her about what happened.
I was simply too busy breaking down. She held me tight and said
"Daddy... I love you..."
I lost it. I went from sobbing to a full outcry.
I never knew she would see me as her father.