• Published 21st Feb 2012
  • 1,291 Views, 4 Comments

The Arising of Darkness - Moonshine2640



When Nightmare Moon consumes Princess Luna again, who will remain to stop her?

  • ...
 4
 1,291

Chapter 1: Secret Meeting?

"What do you mean you failed me?!"

The loud whisper of Nightmare Moon made Trixie flinch, ducking away from the fearsome pony of darkness. Working for her was not something she actually enjoyed, but she truly did wish to get rid of the horrid Twilight Sparkle. She was supposed to be the best unicorn in all of Equestria, not that disgusting excuse of a filly! As she got lost in her thoughts, she received a rough shove from her side, breaking her away from the barriers of her mind. Peering at the griffin, Gilda, with her violet eyes, Trixie blinked twice before returning her attention to the, thankfully, patient princess of the night. Once again, Luna had been corrupted by the darkness known as Nightmare Moon after becoming angry with Equestria for fearing her. She'd show them fear, all right. If that's the only thing they saw in Princess Luna, that's how she'd act. She'd show them all!

"I'm sorry, Miss Nightmare Moon. But these two idiotic excuses of foals got in the way and awakened the Ursa Minor! They discovered it was just a lie. Please, don't destroy me..." Trixie started to literally shake in fear when Nightmare Moon's dragonic eyes narrowed skeptically at her, glinting menacingly in the dim light the moon offered. The snarky looks she was receiving from the trio of Shadowbolts present didn't help either, and she glimpsed at her new partner; Gilda. Gilda seemed unbothered, though discretely, the cerulean unicorn caught sight of her nervously tapping her lethal claws against the soft layer of earth beneath her.

"Very well, my faithful student. You're safe for now, but any future mistakes as great as this one will not go unpunished. Moving on..." The dark coated mare's voice trailed off when she caught sight of a rabbit's cotton white tail disappearing into a nearby bush, followed by the rustling of branches that clearly let her know unwanted guests were nearby.

"Intruders! Rainbow Dash, Wind Shear, Dark Cloud after them!" Boomed Nightmare Moon who pointed a shimering hoof in the direction of where the mystery trio ran, hissing for Trixie and Gilda to follow her as she straightened out her wings and took to the skies, Gilda at her side with Trixie dangling carefully in her grasp. The Shadowbolts, of course, obliged. Zooming speedily after the unknown ponies and the ghastly white bunny, they avoided any trees or other vegetation in their paths, swurving around any other obstacles that would ruin their little plan. Rainbow Dash was in front, due to her being the quickest out of this small group.

"Dark Cloud, you go to the right. Wind Shear, you take the left. I'll keep on heading straight," The other two nodded at Rainbow Dash's request without any hesitation, following their orders. A flash of pink caught Rainbow Dash's eye, and she instantly reconized the desperately bouncing pony. Out of nowhere, two bats swooshed by her, joining in the group on the run.

What the hay? Where'd those bats come from? Groaning in annoyance, Dash returned her focus on where she was headed, flapping her wings harder to gain more speed. Within moments, she came crashing down on the pink pony with a wide grin, her fellow shadowbolts joining in by tackling the other yellow mare and the squeaking rabbit.

"Heeeey, Pinkie!" The rainbow maned pony snickered, standing atop the struggling filly with her hooves pinning down Pinkie's twitching limbs. Pinkie glared up at her, a small quantity of blood beginning to trickle down her face, a clean cut marking her forehead from when she had been unexpectedly tackled and ended up doing a faceplant upon a rock. Rainbow grinned and leaned downwards, tracing the tip of her tongue over the fresh wound, licking away the blood with a crazy giggle.

"Hey Rainbow Dash, what do you want me to do with this pretty little filly?" The deep, masculine voice of Dark Cloud made her redirect her gaze over onto the shaking pony he had pinned beneath him. Heh. No one other than the fearful Fluttershy.

"Knock her out and we'll bring her back to Nightmare Moon's palace. I'm going to do the same with Pinkie," A devious smirk was knitted across Dash's sky blue muzzle, most of her body hidden beneath her tight, leather Shadowbolt outfit. Without wasting another moment, their three victims were knocked across the head, an ocean of black swimming before their eyes as they drifted into an involuntary sleep.

-----

"Are they awake, yet?"

"Shhh! No, and shut up. Let them wake themselves up, Aloe,"

Two voices started echoeing in the ears of Fluttershy, pulling her out of her strange slumber. She went to rub her aching head with her hoof, but felt it be counter tugged by a rope. Her teal eyes blinked in surprise, her muscles tightening when she began to be consumed by fright.

"Huh? Where am I? Why am I here? Who's here with me?" Nervously stuttering her questions, she gave a frightened tug on the rope, trying to pull her arm away from it's deathly grasp.

"Ah, hello Fluttershy! Glad to see you're awake. It's me, Aloe! Oh and don't worry, you're in the dungeon slash spa region of Nightmare Moon's seeeecret castle!" Aloe's voice sounded really enthusiastic and friendly, which almost made Fluttershy believe everything was alright. But she knew nothing was.

"O-oh.." That was the only word Fluttershy could murmur at the moment, her timid eyes carefully looking around her surroundings, observing the strange objects strewn around the room.

"Hey Aloe, Pinkie Pie's waking up! Should we get started?" Lotus' voice drifted out from the room next door where she was, and a wide, twinkling grin appeared on the bubblegum colored filly's face, her navy blue eyes holding a lustful twinkle in them.

"Oh, that sounds like a terrific idea, Lotus. You get Pinkie, I'll handle Fluttershy." The way those words dripped out of Aloe's mouth made Fluttershy eep, trying to shrink back against the cushioned, wooden board beneath her.

"Aww don't be scared, sweetheart! I promise, you won't be harmed," The spa pony gave a believable wink, grinning up at the excruciatingly shy mare before galloping over to a nearby desk, tugging open one of the finely polished drawers and pulling out a small, rectangular box.

"We're about to have some fun, Fluttershy. Good, old fashioned fun..."

((The image used for this chapter is strictly copyright to me, by the way! It was created using vectors though from the MLP-VectorClub on deviantART! Make sure to give them credit, as well.))

Comments ( 4 )

That was a good first chapter. I look forward to reading more :heart:

Okay color me interested upon what happening here...now I wonder how can Twilight fight the corrupt Elements of Harmony, without the Elements...I mean can there be replacement members for the Elements ?

It's like Discord all over again, but almost worse.:twilightoops:

Please do keep up the good work upon such a great tale like this one.

Hehe thank you both. ^ ^ This one was just a bit rushed though, otherwise, expect better chapters in the future!

That's what I was going for. :twilightsmile: I'm going to try to make this story as strange and shocking as I can.

ok so wait rainbow bad pinki and shy captured slightly confused on how dash goes bad:rainbowhuh:

Login or register to comment