• Published 10th Jul 2013
  • 1,426 Views, 33 Comments

Campus love - LightningChaserRaikage



College life was something to be looked forward to... one would think. The new freshman gets enrolled to Lunar Sun University and his life completely turns head on heels by a certian group of girls... and then some!

  • ...
11
 33
 1,426

Chapter 8: Rules of Engagement

It was still mid-morning and Chris was already exhausted. His nerves were on the brink of snapping and a cold chill crawled on his spine.

"Geez, Someone is mentioning my name. I don't like where it is going."
He went about his classes as usual, though he was having a hard time paying attention. When it finally finished, he headed to the café that Fluttershy worked at and took a seat near the window.

"Hello, may I take your... Chris? What are you doing here?" Fluttershy asked.

"Oh, hey Fluttershy. I'm here because places like these give me the peace to think."

"Is...is something wrong?" She inquired.

"I don't know... I just haven't been myself lately."
Fluttershy stood next to him for a second, and then a short smile showed on her face before heading behind the counter. Chris didn't notice, as he just stared out the window into the partly cloud sky.
I feel like my life has spun out of my control. I thought going to collage would be good for me, but its turning into a pain in my-
Fluttershy came back with a small mug filled with a creamy brown liquid, topped with whipped cream and had a light chocolate drizzle.

"H-here. Drink this." Fluttershy sheepishly stated.
Chris had a slightly confused look, but took the handle and sipped.

"Hot Chocolate?"
He took another sip, which soon became longer drinks. Before long the mug was empty, and Chris leaned back in his chair, satisfied.

"That was delicious. Thank you, Fluttershy."
Her face lit up and a wide grin spread across her cheeks.

"I... I made it myself. You seemed down, so I thought this would cheer you up." She said, poking her index fingers together, a slight blush glowed under her eyes.

"Well, it worked. I definitely feel better."
Fluttershy looked at him and giggled, "Hehe, you have a little cream on your nose."
Chris began to look cross-eyed, which only made it look funnier. Fluttershy wiped it off with her finger and seductively licked it. Chris's chest felt like it was impaled with roman spears.

"So- so how much is it?" Chris finally snapped out of it, wallet in hand.

"Oh, its nothing really. It's on the house."

"Oh c'mon, I have to repay you some how."

"No really, its nothing! Just helping out a friend."
Chris opened his mouth to protest, but closed it and relaxed.

"You're too kind."

"I'll see you back at the dorm." Fluttershy stated before rushing to another table to take another order.
It's like she is the manifestation of kindness. There's got to be something I can do to pay her back....That's it!
Chris jogged out of the café with a slight bounce in his step.

"He did WHAT now?!" Applejack practically screamed out.

"I am telling you, its true!" Rarity said.
Applejack slumped back in her bed, clutching the sheets in her fists. Her teeth grinded together and she was on the verge of crying.

"That... little...pervy...jerk...@#%$!#%&*!!!"
She slammed her face into the pillow and began to cry her eyes out.
Why?! WHY?! WHY?!?!?! WHY DIDN'T I GET A CHANCE?!
After a couple of minutes, Rarity slowly sat next to the distraught Applejack.

"Uh...AJ?" Rarity cautiously spoke.

"Maybe I outta cut my losses and give up."

"No! You can't give up now! I swear on my fashion expertise... that you will be with Chris!"
Applejack lifted her head, tear stains already set on her cheeks.

"An how do you s'pose we do that?"

"Hm... I know! We take him to dinner. Have you dress up to really grab his attention."

"An ya think that'll work?"

"Absolutely! Come on! We have work to do."

Chris was on his way back to the dorms, but he decided to cut through the park. He had time to kill, so why the hell not? He looked to see a chess table, already set up with a girl sitting on one end with a book in her face.
Been a while since I played a game of chess. Last I remember was with my dad.
Chris felt a lump form in the pit of his stomach.
Dad...
He shook his head and walked over to the table.

"Mind if I play?"
The book lowered to reveal a slightly angular face with deep violet eyes behind a pair of jet black glasses. Her bangs covered most of her forehead, but what most appalling was two bands of pink and purple above her right eye that ran vertically through her indigo hair.

"I'm not so sure, I mean this is a technical game with tons of possibilities and strategies and-"
As the girl kept taking, Chris glanced at the board. The side nearest him was where the black pieces started seeing the king had not moved from its beginning square, but on the opposite side the white king was surrounded by a rook, a pawn and a queen far away that few moves to the white king would put him out of check. Likewise, the black king was cornered with a rook and a bishop.

"Checkmate." Chris said, leaning back with his arms crossed.

"Wait, What?!" The girl gasped and looked at the board. The black pawn had been moved and promoted to a knight. Her eyes shifted all over the board and then she flipped through multiple pages of the book she was reading. The title read: Chess Strategies developed by Grandmasters from 1500-2023

"How did..." She began looking at Chris with disbelief. Chris sat there, raising an eyebrow.

"Would you care to play with an opponent?" Chris asked with a cocky attitude.

"Alright... you're on!" The girl said, as she started setting up the pieces.

"I don't believe I caught your name."

"Twilight. Twilight Sparkle."

"Interesting name. I'm Chris, nice to play against you." Chris held out a hand to shake, but also as a sign of professionalism. The two shook and the game started. Chris let Twilight be white, he always worked better as black anyway. The game was lasting intently, each taking at least five minutes to plan out the next move. The game had lasted long enough, that neither of them were aware that a crowd had form around them, transfixed. Whispers spread throughout the crowd.

"Who's that playing against Twilight?"

"I don't know, but it seems like he's winning."

"Hey, isn't that Fluttershy's roommate?"

"He can't really believe that he can win against the #1 student here."
No. 1 Student, huh? Well this just makes it more interesting.
Few more minutes pass, almost seemed like hours, but the game was coming to a close. All in the crowd of spectators began making bets of who would win. Unsurprisingly, the majority had betted against Chris. The last move was cast and the crowd froze, the air was still. Chris stood up and began to walk off to the dorm building.

"Well, looks like its game over. It was going to happen one way or the other. Thanks for the game, hope to see you again sometime." Chris stated, the crowd moving away as he walked. Twilight sat at the table, frozen, staring at the board in even greater disbelief.
A Stalemate...
She looked out over to Chris, who continued to walk down the cobblestone path, not looking back.

Chris walked through the double doors of the building, before getting a pie smacked in his face.

"What the..." He muffled, removing the tin and wiping the cream off his face. He heard laughter to his left and saw Pinkie and Rainbow Dash rolling on the floor.

"HAHAHA!!! We got you good!" Dash exclaimed between breaths. Pinkie was laughing to much to even speak. Chris gave a little chuckle.

"I'll give you that one, that was good... but lacking finesse."

"HAHA, say what?!" Pinkie finally spoke.

"I'm just saying it was juvenile, crude and unoriginal. But you can't beat the classics."
Rainbow stood up and wipe some cream on her finger. Pinkie did the same, but overdid it by drawing a French mustache and beard to match.

"Oh, and YOU can do better?" Dash retorted.

"Pinkie... Rainbow... take my advice: you do NOT want to start a prank war with me."

"And what if we DO?" Rainbow Dash inquired.

"If you wish to issue the declaration of war, then allow me to make the first move."

"Ok... seems fair." Pinkie said, hold out a hand to shake.

"Nuh uh. Remove the joy buzzer first." Chris replied, crossing his arms. With a pout, Pinkie took of the buzzer and shook hands before she and Dash headed to back to their room.

"C'mon Pinkie, we have laundry to do." Dash said as they walked.

"Oh and one more thing." Chris hollered to the girls. "I have been known to go a little extreme."

"We'll take our chances." Dash hollered back.

"Suit yourself." He whispered, still standing with pie cream on his face.

"CHRIS!!...CHRIS!!...CHRIS!!!!!" Rainbow screamed outside of the dorm room, furiously banging on the wooden door. The door opened and Chris stood in the doorway, his face now cream free, but calm and collected.

"Yes?"

"Where are our clothes?!" Rainbow demanded, motioning to her and Pinkie behind them. They were wearing thin PJ's that did make them look cute, with a side dish of slight sex appeal.

"Well how would I know?" Chris responded, somehow managing to control his urge to barrel into a laughing fit.

"We went to get out clothes from the washers, and they were gone."

"Despite a sign on the door that clearly stated: DO NOT LEAVE CLOTHES UNATTENDED."

"Chris..." Rainbow said through gritted teeth. "Where are they?"
Chris stepped out and started to walk towards the exit, the two girls following suit.

"Y'know...I remember seeing a pair of lace and stockings lying around somewhere..."
He stepped outside and pointed up to the left.

"Do those look familiar?"

"How did you get them up on that telephone wire?!?!" Pinkie gasped, almost giggling at the sight of various bras, panties and other female unmentionables hanging for the world to see.

"Oh I have my ways." Chris replied, an extraneous smug growing on his face.

"Get them down!" Dash demanded.

"Do you accept defeat?"

"NEVER!"

"Well then I suggest you get a very long stick and play panty piñata." Chris stated, slowly returning to the dorm building, a chuckle rising from his throat until it burst into a full blown, maniacal laugh. The two girls stood, befuddled by the extensiveness of his prank, but now even more determined to get back at him.