• Published 28th Jun 2013
  • 866 Views, 19 Comments

Manes, Pains & Trains - lunabrony



When a train ride for a school field trip turns boring, it's up to the Cutie Mark Crusaders to find a way to pass the time. All that changes when the train enters a tunnel, and each have differing views about what's on the other side.

  • ...
0
 19
 866

Silver Spoon's Story (Part 2)

Diamond Tiara, as expected, did not take kindly to being questioned. "You two have a LOT of nerve accusing me of something like this," the filly warned. "Rest assured, my father will hear about this." Scootaloo and Silver Spoon had tracked her down in the dining car, poking at a salad.

"We're not accusing you of anything, yet!" Silver Spoon corrected. "All we're saying is that we found pink fur, and you have pink fur, so we're questioning you to see if you have an alibi."

"Of COURSE I don't have an alibi, I've been stuck here on this train with all of you," she complained. "And besides, I was just in the cargo train a few minutes ago when I heard you scream. We all came rushing in to see what was the matter, I might have gotten caught on the door in my rush in or out," she explained. "You were both there when it happened."

Scootaloo looked frustrated. "She's right, it could have happened then," she said.

Diamond Tiara smirked. "Of course I'm right, I'm always right. And I have some of the best lawyers in Equestria, so you better plan your next move carefully," she warned, and stormed away in irritation.

"Well that could have gone better," Silver Spoon sighed. "Now what?"

It was at that moment that Snips and Snails returned, both saluting. "Snips and Snails reporting for duty with an update!"

"Yes?" Scootaloo asked.

"We have officially confirmed that Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle are not guillty!" They announced. It was hard at first to tell if they were serious or not, but that certainly seemed to be the case.

Silver Spoon felt her eye beginning to twitch just slightly. "That's wonderful." She deadpanned. "Did you ask any of the passengers as to their whereabouts?"

"Oh, yeah." Snips assured her. "We asked several of them if they knew anything about missing spoons."

"And?"

"None of them said they did. That's all we got."

Silver Spoon sighed. "Alright, go back about your duties. Scootaloo and I will finish up here."

The two saluted, and raced off into the next train car.

"So who else do we know that has a pink coat?"

Silver Spoon sighed. "I don't know! If only we had more time!"

At that moment, Cheerilee passed by them, doing a headcount. "Almost there, girls! Get ready for a fun, educational experience!" She said.

Both fillies exchanged a glance, and narrowed their eyes.

"Get her?"

"Get her."

The two charged forward, and everything else seemed to happen in slow motion. Silver Spoon bent backwards, sliding under one of the raised tables. Scootaloo, who was used to fancy tricks, threw several pillows in front of her to use as midair steps in gaining height to deliver a flying kick.

Cheerilee raised herself on two legs, a look of disbelief on her face. She leaped over Silver Spoon, who slid beneath her and popped up on the other side, while grabbing onto Scootaloo's front leg and swinging her in circles before launching her towards the ceiling.

Silver leaped into the air, catching Scootaloo and the two of them landed together in formation, blocking passage to the next train car. "Not so fast, Magenta Menace! We know you're behind the diabolical thefts on this train, and we're here to stop you!"

Cheerilee blinked in confusion several times. "Magenta...Menace?"

In reality, the two fillies had merely charged her and, not wanting to tackle their teacher outright, had settled on running in circles around her.

"Would one of you girls want to explain to me what's going on, before I start handing out detentions?" Cheerilee asked.

Scootaloo scowled. "We were telling stories and found Silver's belongings missing, so we're tracking down the thief on our own!"

Cheerilee facehooved. "Your things were moved, Silver. You know this."

Silver blinked. "I do?"

"The conductor wanted all valuables moved to the safe on the train to prevent anything happening to them. You were busy when we tried to tell you so I told Diamond Tiara instead, knowing how close you two are. I asked her to be sure to tell you, and she promised, I quote, "yeah, whatever.""

Scootaloo turned red. "So this was all for nothing?"

Cheerilee shrugged. "Indeed it was. And the whole lot of you can explain to me the importance of asking questions first when you're writing your essays tonight." She said. "Now hurry up, we have a lot to do today."

The fillies groaned in protest as the train ground to a halt.

"I guess we might as well rejoin the others," Silver Spoon said, heading towards the front of the train where the rest of the group was gathering.

"Yeah, I'm getting really tired of running around for no reason." Scootaloo said. "With my cutie mark training, you'd think at least I would be immune to pointing out the obvious. Like how my cutie mark is totally gonna be in train protection!"

"Is that even possible?" Silver asked.

"Sure, and I'm gonna get one!"

Silver just shook her head, and followed the others off onto the platform.

Author's Note:

Completely lost the muse for this a long time ago so I'm just putting an end to it. Sorry guys. Happens sometimes, just haven't been able to bring myself to keep writing it.

Comments ( 5 )

3523343 Mind if I ask what you mean by this comment? i'm nosy:twilightblush:

Sympathies on losing the muse, I know it can be frustrating. Honestly this is a good ending for it so it's not so bad. Kudos on doing it so well for as long as you did.:twilightsmile::pinkiesmile:

3617318

I mean that his long time absence would lead to either a canceled or a short wrap up.

5761374 Yeah... I went a little nuts with the references in this story. I still do them but I've gotten them under control now...

Login or register to comment