• Published 12th Feb 2012
  • 38,560 Views, 1,861 Comments

So, You've Grown Wings - Steel Resolve



The mane six woke up a little different one morning. Madness ensues.

  • ...
55
 1,861
 38,560

Bonus Chapter: Nightmare Pie

Author's note: The following chapter is what I envisioned would happen in a world where Princess Pinkamina snapped. It is not part of the main narrative of the story, and can be ignored if you so choose. It is mild grimdark.

"Anywhere! Anywhen!" Whooves shouted to his voice module unit.

The Tardis began it's trip through time, Whooves sighed in relief.

She'd done it, that insane bitch had actually done it! How had it all gone so wrong?

He should have seen what was happening. He hadn't wanted to believe the Element of Laughter could fall so far.

He slammed a hoof on the console, the machinery whined in protest.

-------------------------------------------------

"Nopony knows how to have fun anymore!" Pinkie pouted.

Twilight sighed. They'd been over this so many times. "Pinkie you can't force ponies to have a good time, these are stuffy old aristocrats, of course they don't have fun the same way you do."

"Nothing I try works! I've been holding the Galas for ten years now, every single time it's horrible!" Pinkie's mane, which was normally a fluffy flowing cloud, was now looking more like a pink river. It sometimes amused, sometimes alarmed Twilight how much her mane had come to resemble the cotton candy clouds Discord had made. The connection especially worried her when Pinkie was upset.

"Just keep that smile up Pinkie, if anyone can make them happy, it's you."

Pinkie said nothing.

-------------------------------------------------

The following year Twilight had made time from her studies to check in on Pinkie.

"Come on everypony smile, smile, smile."

The whole dance hall was filled with dancing ponies. A grin frozen on each face. They danced with shuffling feet, their eyes glazed.

"fill my heart up with sunshine, sunshine"

Voices rose, but there was no joy in them, there was no emotion. In the center was Pinkie, her horn glowing, a look of contentment on her face. Her mane flowed. Her eye twitched.

"all I really need's a smile, smile, smile"

Ponies were collapsing from exhaustion. Only to be held up by a pink glow to dance and sing some more.

"From these happy friends of mine."

"Pinkie!" Twilight shouted.

"I did it Twilight! I made them smile! You said I could do it and I did it!" Pinkie's eye twitched again.

"Pinkie stop this, please!"

"You don't understand, I made everypony happy!"

-------------------------------------------------

Her mane was a dark, flowing pink. Her eyes flashed. She stared enraged at the seven ponies surrounding her.

"None of you understand, ponies need to be happy, I MAKE THEM HAPPY!"

Celestia stood firm. "Pinkie you cannot control ponies, they need to live their lives. Happy or sad they need to be free to be who they are!"

"They don't know what they need! I give them what they need!"

"Pinkie please, you need help! Let us help you!" Twilight pleaded with her.

"If you want to help me help me make them all smile!"

"Get ahold of yourself girl! You can't really think you can force ponies to be happy!" Applejack struck Pinkie in the face with her hoof.

Pinkie was silent for a time. Then the horrible laughter began.

"PERHAPS YOU'RE RIGHT, BUT I CAN BRING THEM SUNSHINE!" Her horn glowed so bright it rivaled the sun, which was suddenly moving directly to the spot she stood. There was no reaction time possible for anypony.

The world ended in a laugh.

-------------------------------------------------

Whooves stared at the display on his console. The world was engulfed in the flames of Celestia's Sun.

From the center of the mass he saw a pink abomination. He could hear her laughter, see the madness in her eyes. Seven lights converged on her, so the rest were fighting back. What point now? Equestria was done.

He turned the display off and grimaced. Good lord he needed a stiff drink.

"Old girl, I need to go someplace to think. Think and drink, no strike that and reverse it. Let's crash a party what do you say?"