• Published 12th Feb 2012
  • 38,474 Views, 1,861 Comments

So, You've Grown Wings - Steel Resolve



The mane six woke up a little different one morning. Madness ensues.

  • ...
55
 1,861
 38,474

A Spa Appointment

Fluttershy was feeding the chickens when Ditzy arrived, the poor dear smacked her head on the door post of the coop as she flew in. Ditzy seemed a bit more clumsy than usual, and Fluttershy could see why. Her mailbag was bursting at the seams with pink envelopes.

Ditzy shook her head, her eyes spinning for a moment, then they focused on Fluttershy. She reached into her bag and handed Fluttershy a letter.

"Letter for you 'shy, looks like Pinkie invited everypony in Ponyville."

"Oh my, we just had the "Party to celebrate last Monday's party" two days ago. I wonder what this one is for."

Fluttershy tore open the envelope and read the letter.

"Hey everypony! You're all invited to my "I woke up this morning and now I'm an Alicorn" Party! It's going to be at Sugarcube corner tonight at 8pm! Hope you can come!"

"Oh my... I wonder what she's talking about? Nopony just wakes up as another pony, although if they could that might be fun. I've always wondered how it might feel to be an earth pony, or maybe a tree."

Ditzy grinned at that, but then looked a little shocked, something inside of Fluttershy's hair was glowing!

"F-Fluttershy... why are you growing leaves?"

Fluttershy had been daydreaming about what it would feel like to have roots. "What's that Ditzy?"

Ditzy shook her head, thinking perhaps she had hit it harder than she thought. "N-nothing, 'shy I have other deliveries to make, I should go."

Fluttershy nodded. "Oh, of course Ditzy. Thank you for the letter."

-------------------------------------------------

Fluttershy continued tending her animals until it was time to leave for her weekly appointment. She took off for Ponyville.

"Oh my goodness!" Fluttershy was startled, her wingspan far exceeded what she was used to, she was flying much higher and faster than she ever had before! Her wings locked up in fright, and suddenly she was plummeting from thousands of feet in the air.

Fluttershy screamed! Her eyes rolled in panic as the ground came closer and closer. This... was going to hurt.

She struck the ground hooves first, the ground gave and... collapsed in a cone shape around her. She felt the impact but not the searing pain of breaking limbs she expected. She could not believe her luck... Or could she even call this luck? In any case, she believed a nice calming walk was in order, flying suddenly seemed very frightening.

She arrived at the town square and was shocked to see dozens of frogs hopping around a giant pink pillow. She had no idea what to think about this, and as such was compelled to ignore it for now. Her mind, still shellshocked from her somehow-not-fatal fall, regulated this scene to the part of her mind entitled "Somepony Else's Problem." This was not a well used section, unlike "Cute things I want to cuddle" and "Things to panic over" which were quite overloaded and spilling into other areas of the brain.

She arrived at the spa, giving a small squeaky grin to Aloe and Lotus.

"Hello girls, is Rarity already in her mud bath?"

Aloe frowned. "Non Madam, Rarity has not arrived, perhaps she is wrapped up in another ensemble design?"

"Oh my, I should go check on her. We'll reschedule our appointment for another time girls, thank you."

Lotus smiled. "Our pleasure Madam, please send our regards to Rarity, we hope she is well."

Aloe looked at Lotus as Fluttershy left. "I certainly hope she is all right, Rarity accounts for half of our business in this town!"

Lotus grimaced. “We really need to increase our clientele list sister.”

-------------------------------------------------

Fluttershy arrived at Carousel Boutique, but was greeted by a sight she had never seen before. A sign was posted on the door.

"Closed, Fashion emergency,
Terribly sorry!

Rarity"

Closed? Fashion emergency? What was going on?

-------------------------------------------------

Inside, the shop was a flurry of activity, no less than twelve dozen dress designs were being sewn simultaneously, all of them with one common theme. Accentuation of a pair of appendages Rarity had never truly had before, but had dreamed of having again since her visit to Cloudsdale.

"Oh, they are so darling! I must admit I admired the style and sophistication of the magical wings Twilight was able to whip up but these beauties are truly dazzling in their own right."

She nuzzled the wings appreciatively. Now if she could just figure out how to get the fabric to flex correctly. Oh this would be so much easier with a model!

Goodness she would need more gemstones for this set, she needed to ask Spike for his assistance, Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash's dress templates had helped, but she had to account for the sheer size of these things. How to account for the range of movement so as not to limit herself and yet still show off...

-------------------------------------------------

Fluttershy stood outside the door, not quite sure how to handle this, the Boutique was never truly closed, not while Rarity was available anyway. She finally decided she would risk any potential embarrassment (Rarity had a tendency to overreact to things, she may need a shoulder to cry on or somepony's ear to bend) and politely knocked. She heard somepony approach the door.

"I'm afraid the boutique is closed for the day, please come back tomorrow!"

"Rarity? We had an appointment at the Spa today, are you all right?"

"Fluttershy! Oh my dear I am so sorry, just a moment." Fluttershy heard a locks turning, but then there was a pause. "Oh dear, Fluttershy... I need you to prepare to be startled a bit, I had a bit of a surprise this morning, it may be a bit shocking to you."

"I actually had quite a surprise myself today, I was hoping to talk to you about it."

"Well of course dear, come right in!"

The door opened, and Rarity embraced her friend. Fluttershy found her face buried in a giant white wing.

"Oh my..."