• Published 12th Feb 2012
  • 38,553 Views, 1,861 Comments

So, You've Grown Wings - Steel Resolve



The mane six woke up a little different one morning. Madness ensues.

  • ...
55
 1,861
 38,553

The interdimensional party

Rarity had no idea how Pinkie Pie had done it. She'd been watching while Pinkie had warped space, and yet the magics involved seemed impossible. Somehow or other Pinkie had not just made the room bigger... Oh no, that would have made far too much sense. She'd decided she was going to find the biggest party currently in existence and invite herself, and all of Equestria, to that instead.

So... here she stood, in a room with the universe's most fanatical party-goers ever. The party in question had been going on for six generations now. Tales abounded of the last set of party crashers, which had included a Norse God, whatever that was... Also a boring group looking for a Major Award of some sort (what exactly was a Belgium and why was it so courageous to use the word that you were given an award?) The biggest story was of the lethal white robots who had teleported into the center of the party, taken the award, and left it shocked and wounded like a mugging victim in the middle of a meadow of wildflowers. What exactly a mugging was, or a robot, she could not guess, but the whole thing sounded dreadfully rude.

Apparently after that somepony had sobered up enough to make the whole party space-worthy, and since nopony had thought it a good idea to add directional controls, it had drifted for some time before arriving at a wormhole. Everypony had found themselves with a new equine shape. At first the lack of grip had caused difficulty. Then everypony remembered it wasn't exactly easy to maintain a grip on a drink when you were constantly plastered, and all was right with the universe once again.

Pinkie had somehow talked one of the more coherent guests into allowing her to move the whole mess to Equestria... or had somehow linked the two... Rarity had given up on the day making any kind of sense. She simply knew you stepped into a broom closet and could exit from Sugarcube Corner's front door and if you stepped into Sugarcube Corner you found yourself entering this location via a broom closet.

She wandered around the ponies and... was that bush talking to a pony?

She decided this was not really a very productive line of thought. She looked in the direction of the drinks table and suddenly felt the answers to most of her questions would be found at the bottom of a few empty glasses of wine. Or, at the very least, having reached the bottom she would cease to worry about them in the first place.

Yes, that was an idea she was prepared to cope with.

-------------------------------------------------

Pinkie Pie was manning all the instruments of the band while they went over sheet music for a few new songs. She spotted a face she had been watching for and, leaving the instruments to continue playing themselves, bounded over.

"Doctor! You're early! I mean that's okay of course but I set the invitations for eight and its barely seven now." She grinned looking at his cutie mark. "For a stallion who's talent is timing yours can be way off sometimes!"

"Pinkie Pie! My goodness, what are you doing here? My, that's a new look for you isn't it? Smashing! Now what's this about an invitation?" The Doctor looked a bit nonplussed but nevertheless pleased to see the party mare, her anatomical difficulties notwithstanding.

"I sent them out today silly-billy! You mean you showed up even though you had no idea why?" Pinkie grinned at the idea, still a guest was a guest even if he unintentionally crashed what he had already been invited to.

"I see..." Whooves thought back. Oh bloody hell, there had been an invite, he'd finally been in Ponyville long enough to check his mail and the invitation had missed him by about six months. "Time you're a right pain in the flank sometimes..." He muttered.

Still this did explain why the old girl had brought him here. Pinkie Pie was not in this form when he'd last seen her, or will next see her, or would possibly see her... damn tenses never could keep up with time travel. The point was, or is, something was about to happen, and it had to play out a certain way or things would go very badly for all concerned. He had to word this carefully, or the events would repeat themselves, only this time with himself as the instigator. Nightmare Pie would destroy the world again.

"Pinkie I need you to listen to me very carefully. In a couple of moments your princess and friends will be by to collect you. You will go with them. You will not, I repeat you will NOT be inconveniencing your guests, this party has been going on for centuries and won't be ending anytime soon. Great things are ahoof and your friends will need your help. Do you understand?"

Pinkie's mane showed the first signs of deflating. "But..."

"Pinkie! None of that now! Stay with me, everypony will be happy! I promise you, you'll be needed more by your friends!" He gave her a look that would rival Fluttershy.

Her hair regained it's bounce. "Okie-dokie-loki Doctor!"

Whooves looked relieved. "Good, now I need to go tend to something while you look at that obvious distraction!" He pointed in the direction he wanted Pinkie to look and disappeared into the crowd.

Pinkie looked back in the Doctor's direction, but he was gone. "Nice seeing you Doctor!" She called in the direction she thought he might have gone.

The Doctor breathed a sigh of relief. The universe being torn asunder by an enraged pink mare with partius interuptus was a hell of a way for everypony to go.

Pinkie bounded over to the drinks table to see how Rarity was doing.

"Piey Pink! Err no that other thing. Thiss is wonderrful. You are my bess friend for inviting me. I love you you pink ball of cotton candy you know that?"

Pinkie glanced at her friend and the collection of glasses surrounding her. She focused a moment, and a soft pink glow enveloped her friend.

Rarity gasped, then looked around in confusion. "Oh hello Pinkie, when did you get here?"

Pinkie gave her friend a hug. "C'mon Rarity, sounds like we have to go save the world... again!"

"Really? Do I get to know from what?"

"Celestia will tell us in a bit, we should go wait outside."