• Published 12th Feb 2012
  • 38,560 Views, 1,861 Comments

So, You've Grown Wings - Steel Resolve



The mane six woke up a little different one morning. Madness ensues.

  • ...
55
 1,861
 38,560

Make Your Time

A pink alicorn is seen berating somepony off camera.

"You get back on that keyboard or I will end you! Do you understand me?!"

Yes Mistress! Writing now mistress! Ahem! Where were we again? Oh right, Dash and Tornado...

-------------------------------------------------

"I'm Rainbow Dash, the fastest pegasus in all of Equestria!"

Dash held a hoof to her chin. "Except I'm not a pegasus anymore, prof says I'm an... ali... ally..."

"Alicorn." Tornado supplied, testily.

"Gesundheit. Anyway I got a horn on my head and big gigantic wings now, and I got taller for some reason which was kinda weird... Hay what do you mean calling yourself Princess anyway? We got two of those right now. They're still talking about whether me and my friends count but lemme tell you lady, you ain't one of em!"

"You mean the tyrant and the puling whelp she called a sister call themselves royalty now? Oh my, what airs they put on after they betrayed us all!"

Dash's posture shifted, she looked ready to pounce.

"What the hay are you talking about lady?"

"Tell those two traitors some old friends have a few issues they wish to discuss. Out of respect for our prior friendship we'll give them some time to settle their affairs before judgement is passed. Court will convene in one week, at which time sentence will be passed. They will know where to meet us."

With that, she turned and... vanished? No, not quite, Dash could barely make out a light trail. How did she move like that?

Dash shouted at her light trail, glaring in frustration. "Hay lady, what the buck is going on?!"

-------------------------------------------------

Rainbow Dash flew back to Ponyville, her mind swimming with questions.

Her friends had all returned to their lives for the most part. The princesses insisted their lives did not need to be changed by the physical changes they had undergone. Life was not precisely the same of course. The weather team was even more intimidated by the mare who could now not only clear the sky in ten seconds flat, but could now fill it with clouds in the same ten seconds. She did not brag about this however, she still kind of felt like it was cheating to use magic for such things.

Rarity maintained her shop in Ponyville, her business was booming, and her social calender was packed. Her shop was constantly showing activity while Rarity herself sat quietly sipping tea, her magic churning out dozens of orders for the rich and famous.

Fluttershy's life was the least affected, although the addition of actual healing magics made it much easier to care for her animal friends.

Applejack's farm was producing larger and more flavorful apples than ever. She was even considering branching out into other crops, since applebucking season was a relatively simple matter for her now. She had Big Mac handle the sales now, as well as transport and storage, but she was able to pick the entire crop in a matter of moments.

Pinkie was... well Pinkie. The Cakes had finally calmed down and come back to the shop once they were convinced Pinkie would not be ending the world... at least not this week. They still gave a wide eyed frightened look at times when she juggled the twins in midair while manipulating every appliance in the shop. Mrs. Cake had not been pleased to hear about the endless party going on at the Sugarcube Corner, although she had been somewhat mollified, then alarmed, to find it was not actually at the shop. She stormed up to Pinkie and insisted she fix reality at once. Pinkie had obliged, and the door to the endless party was now folded neatly into a portable hole Pinkie kept in her mane. She went to visit on occasion and had developed quite a friendship with a two headed pony with three forelegs and a penchant for extremely strong drinks in massive quantities.

Twilight, when not visiting Luna and Celestia for more training, was hard at work researching the elements with Professor Cann. They had nearly given up, for every type of divination spell they could find (and a few Celestia had taught Twilight herself which had been considered too dangerous for unicorn use) yielded no results. The elements were inert, and the study of the chaotic magic lead to no further information.

Professor Thissdens had returned to his university, he felt reinvigorated. He was ready now to tackle those idiots who had the gall not to take his class seriously.

It was to Twilight's home Dash flew now, Cann had tried to teach her the sending spell but Dash did not have the patience for it. She figured, how often would she be away from Rarity, or Twilight, or Spike for that matter? This strange pony was threatening the princesses, and had seemed to want to attack Dash herself, she had to tell somepony quick.

She arrived at the library and pushed the door open with her magic, seeing no Sparkle she immediately looked around for Spike. No luck there either. She heard humming coming from downstairs.

She burst into the basement, and flew down to see her friend. Twilight and Cann were both concentrating on their latest attempt to breach the mystery of the elements. Their eyes glowed with eldritch energies.

Dash found her thoughts moving a bit too quickly for her tongue to keep pace with.
"Twilighttornadoprincessesthreateningwhatthehay!"

Twilight ended her spell, her eyes returning to their normal color, she looked at Cann apologetically then motioned for her friend to attempt to make sense. "Again please Dash, but a little slower."

Dash took a deep breath. "Okay so I was out waiting for A.J. to join me for a quick little race when this strange looking pony flew up and called me an insect."

Twilight looked shocked. "Okay... odd, rude, but not exactly panic attack time, was there more?"

"Yeah! She was all grey and she called herself a princess! I think she was an ali... ally..."

"ALICORN." Both Twilight and Cann supplied.

"Gesundheit. Anyway she had wings and a horn and she looked like Celestia except she had a tornado for her cutie mark. She said she and her friends had a bone to pick with the princesses!"

Twilight digested the news about the new alicorn, her coat palor, the fact she called herself Princess Tornado, and her anger at the Princesses.

"Buck me... Cann, I know what happened to the elements. We need to get word to Celestia and Luna immediately."

-------------------------------------------------

Author's note:

Yes, I know there was a lot of stuff in here that could have been covered in the timeskip, I am trying to convey everypony's life has returned to normal, or as normal as sudden magic and flight can make your life. This is the calm before the storm. Welcome to Act II.