• Published 15th Jun 2013
  • 1,235 Views, 57 Comments

Signature Heroes, Elements of Harmony - Dimentio



Two beings from different universes simultaneously attempt to push the barriers of modern magic. (Un)fortunately for both of them this opens a vortex linking both universes temporarily. The other heroes in the guild rushed to help their comrade...

  • ...
4
 57
 1,235

Chapter Five: Xenophobe

Chapter 5: Xenophobe


“Princess Celestia?” Twilight asked as she made her way between the humans and her teacher.

"Hello Twilight, I presume these are the 'humans' that you mentioned in your letter?" Princess Celestia said as she strode calmly to the corner that the humans had been conversing in. The ponies in the room bowed as she passed.

"Yes, we are humans." Arianne said as she and Sir Owen bowed respectfully. The pair scowled at Ozan until he mimicked the gesture. "I assume you are Twilight's teacher, she makes it clear that you are a very powerful magic user. And being in your presence, I can sense that what she said was an understatement."

"I can sense much potential in you as well."She said without breaking her professional tone."I'm afraid we must continue this conversation elswhere."

"Wha-" Ozan began to ask as a golden sphere encompassed the group of humans and two ponies. The next thing anyone saw, they were in the outskirts of the town.

"Teleportation...without a line of sight or relaying through the abyss? amazing..." Arianne said as she looked around curiously.

"Now, I will have to ask you all to return to your realm." Celestia said as her look changed from calm to a slightly intimidating glare. "I can't have you here endangering my ponies."

"What? Just a moment ago you seemed completely fine with our being here!" Ozan said.

"I had to keep calm in order to prevent my subjects from panicking, they have no idea what you monsters have already done." She said as she took a slightly more aggressive stance.

“I think the Raptor takes offence to that.” Ozan said in an attempt to lighten the mood a bit.

“I'm giving you a chance to go home before I am forced to eliminate you. One way or another, I will not allow you to continue harming my subjects!” Princess Celestia said, stomping her foot in anger as she ignored Ozan's comment.

“Unless you call demons your subjects, I don’t think any of us have actually harmed any of your...ponies.” Ariane said reasonably.

“Well, there was the time that Raptor was threatening the pink one.” Ozan interrupted.

“That isn’t helping, Ozan!” Sir Owen chastised.

“Do not pretend that you didn’t know that thing that terrorized my ponies, attacked our settlements, and killed my soldiers.” Celestia said, her anger seemed to be heating the area as it quickly became almost unbearable.

“We actually did meet that ‘thing’, and you should be happy to know that we slew it.” Sir Owen said.

“And I helped!” Pinkie announced proudly.

“You say that...but you carry a very similar aura of corruption.” Celestia said, backing down ever so slightly.

“Sir Owen, corrupted? hah, I don’t think that’s even possible.” Ozan said with a chuckle.

“Quiet, I’m talking to the corrupting one.” Princess Celestia said without any amusement. “I still believe you’re a danger to my people.” Strangely enough.

“Err, I think you have the wrong guy. Out of just about anyone I’ve ever met, Sir Owen is one of the least corrupt. But he does seem to have a stick up his-” Ozan said only to be interrupted.

“Ozan...Enough, she’s right.” Sir Owen said sternly.

“Wait, what?” Ozan said. Ariane didn't show anywhere near as much surprise, but still seemed ready to help Sir Owen out if it came to a fight.

“Wait, corrupted? How so?” Twilight asked Curiously.

“I’ll show you.” Ariane said as she cast a swift spell on Owen revealing that his right arm seemed to be skeletal, the green tint of his skin on the right side of his neck didn't escape notice from the others either. “I sensed it when you returned to the legend’s guild with that centaur, but I figured you would tell us about it eventually.”

“I don’t think you understand how much of a threat your friend is, as we speak, the corrupt part of him is likely tempting him to kill anypony with any shred of purity within them.” Celestia said, pity beginning to seep into the anger in her voice. She was visibly calmer, and slowly dropped her combative stance.

“If that were the case, he’d be perfectly fine in our world.” Ozan quipped only to be met with a harsh glare from the others. “Look, all fun aside, Sir Owen wouldn’t harm any of us or your ponies.”

“He’s right.” Ariane agreed. “And Owen is too stubborn to succumb to any type of corrupt temptation.”

“As stubborn as he may be...It may still eventually take over.” Celestia said sadly, her anger seemed to have evaporated completely..

“And we’ll deal with it when the time comes. I’m sure there is some way that it can be reversed.” Ozan said.

“I don’t think any magic I've ever encountered could fix this.” Ariane said.

“What about the Elements of Harmony?” Twilight interjected.

“Twilight...I admire your inclination to help this being, but the elements would most likely kill him.” Celestia said.

“If it were possible to fix this, Saradomin would have done it when it happened.” Sir Owen stated. Princess Celestia shifted uncomfortably after his statement but managed to hide her unease before the others noticed.

“Well, from what you’re saying...Not trying everything we possibly can will lead to your death as well. So, Princess, aside from the ‘it could kill him’ issue...could the Elements of Harmony get rid of his corruption?” Ozan said, attempting to ignore the name of the ‘elements’.

“Perhaps…” Celestia said, thinking hard.

“Alright, then where do we find them and what do I need to gather to prepare for this quest?” Ozan asked.

“Well, nothing seeing as they are already in this room.” The princess responded only to gain blank stares from the four adventurers.

“They’re already here...what would objects of power be doing in a bakery?” Ariane asked.

“W were having a party, duh.” Pinkie Pie said as she re-entered the conversation.

“Wait, you’re one of the elements?” The Raptor asked, also butting in on the conversation.

“Mmmhmm, I’m the Element of…”Pinkie said as she leaned closer to the group. “Laughter!”

Ozan, Ariane, and Sir Owen all let out stifled laughs at the revelation that the embodiment of laughter had bested him. Despite the grave situation, they managed to lighten the mood slightly.

“Regardless, I refuse to simply use the Elements on him without knowing what else is entering through your realm.” said Princess Celestia. “I am sorry, but you must understand that my kingdom comes first. The elements can only be used once every eight days, and if we use them now, that will be one less vital tool that this land has to protect itself. You have my word that I will do everything in my power to help you all return to your home, but I simply can’t risk my entire kingdom to help one being." The golden sphere consumed the group and before they knew it, they were all back in the bakery.

Before anyone could argue, Pinkie Pie started spasming and hopping all over the place.

“What in the-” Ozan began, only to be cut off by the pony in question.

“OmygoshIthinkmyPinkiesenseistellingthatlotsofnewpon-ImeansomethingIdunnowhatjustgothere!”

“Pinkie, slow down and repeat that.” said Twilight.

“My Pinkie sense is going haywire. I think it’s saying that we have someone new in ponyville.” Pinkie said, suddenly calm. Before anyone else could say a word, three of the four humans ran out the door, the fourth struggling with his surprisingly sturdy bindings. Pinkie noticed the Raptor’s problem and quickly released him and handed him his armaments.

“You won that round Pink one.” Raptor said as he ran out of the bakery to find what-or whoever had entered from Gielnor.