• Published 15th Jun 2013
  • 1,236 Views, 57 Comments

Signature Heroes, Elements of Harmony - Dimentio



Two beings from different universes simultaneously attempt to push the barriers of modern magic. (Un)fortunately for both of them this opens a vortex linking both universes temporarily. The other heroes in the guild rushed to help their comrade...

  • ...
4
 57
 1,236

Chapter 4.5: Meanwhiles and Mail

Chapter 4.5 Meanwhiles and Mail

Where am I? Why do I always get pulled into the spontaneous vortexes? The orange haired Dorgeshuun thought to herself.

“What do you think it is?” came a squeaky voice.

“I think it’s breathing!” Came another.

“Maybe we should wake it up…” Came a third, this time with a distinct southern drawl.


Damn Xenia, why couldn’t you just go through the vortex yourself? I keep on falling for the whole ‘swan song’ thing...I should have listened to Zenevivia.

“What are you and what in Tartarus are you doing in my home?!” Came an angry male voice.

“Shiny! Have some manners…I don’t think it came here on purpose.” Came a much calmer female voice.

“That doesn’t excuse anything Cadence.”

“Quiet down before I do it for you.” Dionysius replied angrily.


It was a relatively normal day in the hive...aside from the rock colored lizard currently at Queen Chrysalis’s hooves. It had been brought, along with a few smaller variants of it, by a strange hooded being who disappeared as quickly as he had appeared.

“rrr….” The creature growled in its sleep, the voice was very faintly female. “My...children...I can hear them again.”

“Hmm? Wake up creature!” Chrysalis said as she nudged it awake. She could feel a primal type of love from this creature and the others that had been brought with it. She had a strange thought of empathy for the ‘lizard mother’ as she decided to call it.


“What sort of madness is this? How did you appear from that odd swirling abyss?” A karamjan sounding voice rhymed.

“Uhh, I’m Postie Pete, you are a pleasure to...meet?” The small skull replied in an attempt to mimic as he looked up at the zebra. He quickly found his post bag nearby and grabbed it in his teeth. “I’d love to share more poetry, but I’ve got post to deliver!”

“Wait! This journey into the Everfree must not be made this late!”

“I’m a mail skull, danger is an everyday thing!” Pete argued as he bounced out the door, the Zebra rushing behind him in an failed attempt to dissuade the stubborn skull.


“Who art thou!” An obscenely loud voice yelled right in the face of a short man as he slumbered. She stared at the crown upon his head and backed down a little bit in surprise.

“Agh, I have to deal with the Consortium on a daily basis and you have to wake me up like this? Guthix damn this hangover.”

“Wait, did you say Guthix?” The stunned blue mare said as she paled.


Postbag from the hedge!

Hey folks! It's me, Postie Pete! I figure I should just go ahead and start this new year with a postbag...Unfortunately I only had a few letters to deliver.

Dear Banker,
I expect a bank to be a quiet place of money changing hands, being lent, and being deposited. Instead, when I came into the bank the other day, there were a bunch of ruffians simply shouting out that they were buying or selling sets of armor, food, etc. I came in to deposit my gold bit pieces but instead I found my ears assaulted. You really should clean the place up, or I will take my business to a snobbier establishment.
Sincerely,
Jet Set

Dear Jet Set,
We realize that you may be unhappy with the recent solicitors, but please understand that we have tried removing them many times, but they keep on shouting in our faces. We even attempted to get our local guard to remove them and possibly arrest them for public solicitation without a permit. Unfortunately, the only reply we received read thusly:

Dear Bankers,
We would be glad to remove these 'law breakers' from your establishment. Unfortunately, we have a shortage of guards due to your 'patrons' murdering them as they man their guard posts around the cities for 'clue scrolls'.

As we said before, we have done all we could and hope that you can look past these evil salesmen and continue to utilize all of the useful services we provide.
Sincerely,
The Gielnoran Banking Union

Author's Note:

Hey y'all happy new year! I need more letters for the postbag...And regular comments, yessss comments. As always, all characters and places belong to their respective creators.