Contracts · 6:20am
Darn you, colorful equines, you (especially you, Filthy Rich) drive me to analyze your contracts. I'm losing my mind watching this.
New ep: Oral contact between Rich and AJ for three barells of cider and IF that cider "sells well" she'll provide Rich with more.
1. What is the age of majority in Equestria (does a Cutie Mark put you on the majority?) ? Good news if AJ is below that, she can disaafirm the contract whenever she likes.
2. Does something similar to the uniform commercial code exists and a statute of frauds exists? If yes to both then huh. Guess the barrels aren't enough for the contract to be in writing.
3. Well Granny, you're kinda screwed on the whole "unpromise" thing since Rich already relied on it. Hope you enjoy learning some new vocabulary: Estoppel. Yes, that still applies even after Granny talked Rich down.
4. As scary as Ganny may be, pretty sure she's got nothing legal to stand on with just a past history of contracting to ensure future contracts. So yeah, good thing Rich is a pony of his word because there doesn't appear to be anything to keep him from pulling out his business. Luckily, the Apples then my have recourse in duress if Rich ever tried to overreach on contracts with them.
5. so overall, yeah like the show siding with Rich on this one too. Guy really does seem to have just gotten a bum rap on naming.
Darn you Hasbro, I go to you to put legal matters aside for a little. Sleeping now.