• Published 29th Sep 2013
  • 837 Views, 23 Comments

My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic - Hand In Hoof - Blaze Chaser



After an unexpected event I travel to the world of our paradise... Equestria. Landing there being greeted by fictional characters, suddenly fall in love and find out a an unexpected secret then it was... strange. And this is the story of how I died.

  • ...
3
 23
 837

6 - The Rising Dawn

I woke up in a dark place, nothing could be seen in all directions.

"Hello?!" I shouted. My voice echoed through nothing, no walls, no ceilings, just complete darkness. It frightened me slightly. I looked around and behind me I noticed was a mirror. I walked up to it with curiosity, wondering why a lonely mirror was sitting there in the middle of this empty place. As I walk up to it I start to see myself. I looked around and no one was here, so I started checking myself out because I never got a proper look at myself. I do look like Rainbow Dash, I look awesome! But there was something amiss, like this isn't how I should look like.

I looked at my face and started pulling faces, seeing what I look like with different faces. I laughed at the last face I pulled, I made a very wide smile and crossed my eyes. Then I looked again, a chill ran down my spine, my face froze. The reflection did not change it just looked at me with a very wide smile. My breathing fell heavy and I could feel my own heart thump in my chest. I stepped back a little.

The smile grew wider, it's sclera's glowed green and a purple aurora seeped from it's eyes. I seen it before, where was it? That's when I realised... Dark Magic. It started walking towards me and spoke for the first time.

"I will soon be free and all will fall before me!" it said in my voice, but with a lower tone. Every feature of it's appearance was darkened and lifeless. It stopped a couple of inches in front of me and touched it's hoof on my head. Images of Ponyville burning, the fall of the mane six in an ancient ruin, all this suffering ran though my mind. I couldn't take it anymore, it was unbearable. A final evil laugh, was ringing in the background. Pressure built up in my head.

Suddenly I sat up from my bed, breathing rapidly, heat flushes through my body and scared. I took a deep breath and exhaled slowly. I realised I was not in my room, the walls were different and my bed usually is not this comfortable. I'm still here I thought. I was still in Equestria and still in Dash's house. Okay so this place wasn't a dream . I looked to my left and could see a head in the gaps of the banister, guess who it was. I must have woken Dash up. She realised I noticed her. Dash started hovering up the stairs.

"Are you okay?" She asked. Dash stood on the top of the stairs, in front of me. I didn't want her to worry so I lied.

"Yeah, I'm ok."

"Are you sure? You were talking in your sleep... nightmare's huh?" she said.

"Yeah just a stupid nightmare." I said with reassuring smile.

"Feeling a little home sick?" Dash asked. Still feeling tired I wanted to end our conversation, again I lied.

"Yeah..."

"You'll be fine" she said, waving her hoof for emphasis. Then everything fell silent, awkwardness filled the room in heat and humidity. I was still under my sheets and Dash didn't take a step from the staircase. I decided to break the silence.

"Well, sorry for waking you" I said while scratching the back of my head.

"Meh, it's alright just get some rest," Dash said as she started hover down the stairs back to her room.

"Yeah, I will." I pulled the covers over once more and turned my head to shout "Rainbow Dash!"

"Yeah!" she shouted.

"Thank You!" I shouted back.

Rainbow Dash smiled and replied "No Problem!"

It was nice to have her looking out for me, even though I only met her for a day. I felt reassured that time that I had sometime to keep an eye on me.

***

The sun rose again and I was still in bed, considering that I was laying in the most comfortable bed I have ever slept on, why would I get up? But I had to. I couldn't just stay in all day, I need to find answers to why I was there in the first place.

My eyes opened to find the room was lit by it's natural light. I got up and made my way downstairs. As I went passed Dash's room I noticed she wasn't in bed. She must have gone outside I thought to myself. I continued walking down the stairs and went towards the door. I reached for the handle on one of the doors while calling out "Da-" I stopped. My vision blurred, ears ringing, struggled to breath and felt my heart slowing down. I started to lose my balance and collapsed to the floor. I suddenly see Dash opening the door. She was shouting something. I couldn't hear. Slowly darkness settled upon my vision.

***



As I reached the bottom I could not see Dash in bed so I carried on downstairs to find the cyan mare in the kitchen making breakfast. "Hey you're up! How was your sleep?" Dash said as I walked in through the doorway to enter the kitchen. "Yeah, that is the most comfortable thing I have ever slept on" I said rubbing my eyes.

"Told ya, you would like it" she said with a smirk on her face that said 'told you so'.

"What'cha making?" I said with curiosity.

"Eggs"

"Huh, you know what? I have never seen you cook" I said. "Really?" Dash said while making her way over with two plates that was only populated by eggs and bread and placed them on the kitchen table. "Yeah, never at one time"

"Well, there is more to me than ya think" she said with a smile on her face. "Oh... you shouldn't have made these for me!" I said.

"Why not?"

"I don't want you to wasting food for me" I said out of generosity. "Pfft, meh it's only food right? Don't worry about it" she replied with a wave of her hoof. I looked down at the plate and noticed something off. No cutlery, how am I?. Dash saw me lost with me looking down at my meal. "Is something wrong?" she asked. Dash thought that there was something worng with the cooking.

"No, no it isn't the food it's just... what do I eat with? I have no hands!" I exclaimed.

"What are hands?"

"Oh uhhh never mind" I replied with a smile. Dash craned her neck and started to eat with her muzzle. Oh right, duh. I immediately mirrored her actions. Silence filled the room with only the sound of the chewing of the food.

"I'm thinking of getting the kitchen renewed" Dash said to break the silence. "How come?" I questioned.

"It pheeds thoo be more awthome" she said with her mouth full but I understood what she said.

"Fair enough" I said with no argument against her judgement. I finished my meal and took the plate and placed it in her sink and felt weak. My hooves gave way and forced me to collapse on the floor.

"Whoa are you ok?" Dash immediately got up and came to my side to assist me for the second time and helped me up. "Yeah I... just need some fresh air" I said against my strain.

"Ok let's just get you outside..." Dash said. She provided me a counter weight to help my balance. I just wanted to get outside and breath in the fresh air that would be provided everyday. We stepped outside and caught the glimpse of the sun. The moment the suns rays connected my body I felt a rush of energy surge and circulate around my body. The sensation was incredible. With confidence I stood up on my own and closed my eyes, embracing the energy that I am given and the fresh air in the morning sky. Suddenly a channel of red energy flowed from my limbs to my torso. I felt more lively than before.

All of my adrenaline kicked in so what did I do? I jumped off. Dash watched me as I was free falling to the near ground, feeling the raw adrenaline bypass the mental state of my attempting stunt. The ground got close, really close. Dash closed her eyes as she cannot look at the next prospect of what should happen. I opened my wings giving a smirk I swooped into the air leaving a fire trail behind me. The feeling was incredible, soaring through the sky at top speed. I couldn't get enough of it. The screeching wind blocked the muffled sound of cheering coming from the cyan pegasus.

"Yes! You did it!" Dash said excitedly as she did a backwards flip in the air. I noticed this and landed in front of her, giving a little bounce from the fluffy cloud.

"How did you do that already?" Dash said.

"What do you mean?"

"It takes time to fly at your level!"

"Of course but I'm awesome" I said with a smirk on my face

"That was totally awesome!" she said excitingly

"To be honest I don't even know myself" I said with confusion diluting my mind. "What happened though one minute you were on the floor and now you are as active as a Pinkie Pie is on cupcakes!" she said. Looking at me with thought of what just happened to be out of the ordinary.

"I felt as though I've been renewed, like a rush of excitement has woken me up" I said. "Well thats cool. Any way enough chit chat I'll go and finish my breakfast. An athlete such as myself cannot fly with an empty stomach" Dash said as she walked back inside her palace leaving me out in the warm and fresh air that flowed through my mane and tail. Taking a deep breath and holding it as long as I could and finally exhaling to relax as I am now in paradise.


[/hr]

Rainbow Dash was finishing her meal while I was outside watching the mysterious sunrise dominating the day with it's glow of hope and symbolise the great day ahead. Dash placed her dish in the sink for later and turned to head out the door. She joined me and disturbed the peaceful mind I was in but I didn't mind.

"So... You wanna fly with me?" Dash said immediately after trotting up beside me. I look at her with determination and watched the wind whip her mane. "Let's do this". This is so awesome, flying with Rainbow Dash. Now I know how Scootaloo feels. I was afraid of heights, always was. Maybe that I am afraid of death? I don't know but when Dash is by my side I didn't feel the wall of fear blocking my ability to do the inevitable.

"Right, first we'll get some height" Dash said

"Ok cool". With that we gradually lifted ourselves off the ground and made our way to the next cloud above us which is I think 50 feet. We are really high now. Dash and I stopped on the designated cloud and Dash broke the silence.

"Ok now lets do something easy first" She said

"Yeah and what would that be?"

"Ever done a leap of faith before?" Dash said with a smirk on her face and eyes daggering at me for an answer.

"What?! Oh no, no, no I can't do that. I can't!" I shouted in attempt to do this suicidal routine.

"Why not? What's wrong?"

"I'm..afr..."

"What was that?"

"I'm afr... of..."

"I can't hear you!" Dash said holding a hoof to her ear for a clearer line of sound.

"I'm afraid of heights!" I snapped. I know I over reacted but I don't like mentioning my weaknesses. "What?! No that can't be true..." she walked over to me to become face to face "Your pegasi, you can't be afraid!".

"Well I am! I can't do it" I said shying away from her. Phobias... The fear of mind, takes time to over come. I had time to overcome it but laziness held me back.

"Sure you can..." Dash said with a smile, "Trust me. I've done this so many times it hurts". I looked up to find her smiling at me. That smile, god damn it I can't get enough of it. It was cute enough to my my stomach turn. With a deep breath I said "Ok I trust you". I trotted over to Dash who was over the edge of the cloud. Every step I take it felt like a bouncy castle; soft and elegant. We were side by side on the edge of the abyss.

"Now open your wings" she instructed. I did so. "Stand on two hooves". I did that as well, it really wasn't that difficult obviously because I normally walk on two's anyway. I looked down and felt dizzy looking at the ground that would hold the small buildings of ponyville. My vision split as vertigo took my mind from me. "Look at me..."said the pegasus to my right. I looked at her. I looked into those wide eyes and her smile. "You can do it, trust me" she said. That combination of expression and convincing lit a spark of trust that moment.

"Ok..." I said accompanied by a long exhale. I closed my eye and she did so too. Dash started to count "1, 2, 3!". On the third we let leaned over for a dive and let ourselves free fall. Wind was screeching through my ears, eyes narrowed to block the natural force of my falling.

"Angle your wings!" she shouted by me. "What?!" I shouted back of the sound of whipping air. "Angle your wings so you won't... you know... crash!". Ok I can do this, just open your wings and angle them against the ground. Slowly my wings obeyed me as the started to expand. The ground came closer I had to act. My wings were at they're full length. Now tilt them. Falling fast now but slowing down at the same time as I met air resistance. Oh look there's the gro-the ground!!.

My pupils shrunk to a pea size as I realised that my time is almost up. My mind cleared and decided my next move... pull up. I started to arch my body like pulling a handle on an airplane in a nose dive. My eyes started to water with tears as the strain of the shear force of the wind hitting my eyes. That's it keep going! Pull up, pull up!. Soon enough I did. Swooping into the air almost inches from the ground. It was the most exhilarating feeling I have ever...well... felt!

"That was awesome! But not as awesome as me obviously" Dash said pointing a hoof to her chest, claiming she's the better flier... Well she is! Isn't she? To prove her self she started to fly up into the sky as far as she could. I started to hover and watch her go up. Now I can see a faint blue dot in the sky. What is she doing?. Dash faced down, eyes on me.

Dash dove of her nearest cloud and started to plummet. Oh my gosh, is she? No. I knew what will happen next, this was like a front row seat! She was performing a Sonic Rainboom. Dash went down and down, accelerating every second. A white cone appeared to capsulate the cyan mare, tears streaking as the strain was at it's peak but her confidence and determination took hold of her. Before you know it... there it was, the large ring expanded for a miles. Filling the sky with multi-spectrum colours. It was amazing and beautiful to look at with my own eyes.

A rainbow trail left the multicoloured disc and headed towards me until Dash came to a halt. "That was amazing! I never thought to actually see one up close!" I exploded in excitement. "Yeah, cool wasn't it I thought you deserved a treat" she said. There she goes again typical Dash trying not to ruin her reputation. "Why don't you try it?". I immediately froze, thinking about how that would play out. A Sonic Rainboom? how am I supposed to withstand that?.

"How do I do that?" I asked in concern. "Get some height and fall while flapping your wings! It's easy!" Dash said. But why tell me this? It's her routine!. "Ok I guess I can try it" I said with a little whimper in under my breath as I am afraid what will go wrong. I started to fly up high enough for the distance I got until I reach the ground. I sat on the nearest cloud. Seeing Dash watch me I felt nervous but immediately got a hold of my self. "Ok Rainbow Dash is watching you and is interested to see what happens, why else would she ask me to do this?" I asked my self. "Hey, what's going on up there?!" Dash shouted.

"Just stretching my wings! He he" I said sheepishly. Ok stand up on two hooves. Good, now just embrace the air, close your eyes and go for it!. "Oh geese". I closed my eyes and let go. My stomach started to turn again and again as I fell from the sky. My heart was racing, the adrenaline felt incredible, who needs caffeine right? Faster and faster, feet by feet I dropped. Start flapping your wings!. I did so as they rapidly started to beat pushing me down and down. The air started to compress around me, I could feel the white cone forming around my body like a cocoon. The air started to squeeze me, making my eyes water.

The speed became intense. I can just make out a blue blur in the distance. She was watching me. Tighter and tighter, almost there! Then I leaped through the sound barrier and BOOM! A large ring expanded, but wasn't a Rainboom, it was a fire ring. It was the same size as Dash's Rainboom. You should have seen her face when I did that. Her jaw literally dropped in shock. She froze like that until I arrived.

"You seem surprised" I said with a smile on my face. I looked back on my... whatever to call it. I looked back to see Dash have her back against me, she was upset. "Hey, what's wrong?". That's when it hit me. I new why she wanted me to do it. Dash didn't want me to succeed because she wanted to be the fastest. As soon as I made my first attempt she didn't want me to be good to make her look good, she was jealous. "D-did you want me to fail?" I asked.

She looked back at me, on the verge of tears and had anger in her eyes.

Comments ( 2 )

Why is this story still tagged as cancelled?

Login or register to comment