• Published 29th Sep 2013
  • 837 Views, 23 Comments

My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic - Hand In Hoof - Blaze Chaser



After an unexpected event I travel to the world of our paradise... Equestria. Landing there being greeted by fictional characters, suddenly fall in love and find out a an unexpected secret then it was... strange. And this is the story of how I died.

  • ...
3
 23
 837

2 - The Other Side

"In nature it is out purpose in life to find our soul mates, and being human doesn't mean you won't. Take a deep breath, and look forward for a brighter future."
Silver Octave

18th March 2013...

17 Hours before the crash.

Earth

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 2 - The Other Side


"Argh!" I grunted as the sudden sound of the morning wake call of my alarm rang and pierced through my ears. My eyes opened to the burning sunlight peering through my blind covered window. Having my room lit up gave me hope for a great day ahead of me. I reached over to my alarm and shut it up, rubbed my face and got out of bed. Another day the same, every day is the exact same routine. Wake up, go to college, come home and sleep again. What is wrong with me? I don't have any difference in the next day than the previous! Life seems to drag rather than 'flow' with me.

"Another day, another drag," I said to myself as I walked downstairs to my kitchen. I ate my breakfast and got my bag to walk out the door. As I journeyed to the door something caught my eye, my Rainbow Dash 1 inch figure sitting on the table. It got me thinking. "Why couldn't this world be more like Equestria?" I said out loud. It's true isn't it? Our world is gone to crap because of our 'human nature'. Anyway, I'm not going to go on ranting about it. I'll get back to the story.

I walked out the door and the sun light radiated my skin leaving me in a moment of ecstasy. I inhaled the morning fresh air, refreshing every part of my being and felt awake for the day. I locked the door and ventured towards the bus stop to take me to college. After waiting for 10 minutes it finally arrived and I got on. As I stepped onto the bus, my heart sank. All the seat were taken but two free seats. I sat down in time before the driver sped off and got myself comfortable. Couples were sitting together while I was all alone with my thoughts and my music. Who needs them?! You have a seat that is all to your own! my conscience said. I obeyed my negative mind and accepted the fact that I don't need anybody.

The journey ended with the halt of the bus on the college grounds. I stepped off the bus steps and made my way to the campus, the sunshine made the reflective campus glow like a star in the night sky. People were rushing to get to their class , it made me struggle to go to my destination. But I succeeded to get through.

As I went upstairs to the I.T Block I bumped into my friend Andrzej. We sat down to do some work for our assignments. Time went by slowly and it was agonising to wait for our break. As I sat there doing my work I wasn't so happy and can he see that.

"You ok?" Andrzej asked

"Yeah, course I am!" I said in an unnerving voice, "why wouldn't I be?." That was enough to make him question me, he knew something was wrong.

"You sure?" he asked again. If you are not going to answer him, he won't stop questioning you I thought.

"Ok... but don't tell the others," My voice went lower but the classroom chatter already drowned out the conversation.

"Yeah ok," he said in a casual tone.

"Have you ever been in a relationship before?" I asked. Damn it I shouldn't have ask it. I'm regretting this already. I felt embarrassed asking it but I needed it out of my head.

"Well I have had a friends with benefits with once but that was a while ago. We eventually stopped so no I haven't," Andrzej said. I predicted the next question which was painful to answer. "Have you?".

"No... I want someone who I can wake up the next morning to. See her lay beside me, smiling at me. I want her to be kind pretty, cool and... loyal." I replied.

"Like Rainbow Dash?" he said.

"Yeah, right a fictional character. Good suggestion," I said sarcastically.

"Don't worry you'll find her some day. For sure." he replied. He is a very good friend to me and has taken me seriously most of the time. Right now he is the only person I trust.

"Thanks man. This doesn't mean I'm getting all sappy!" I said jokingly. We shared a few good laughs and eventually got back to work. That thought stuck with me for the rest of the day, I tried to mask my emotion with a casual smile that would fool an average person. But Andrzej can see behind the mask and know what is wrong with me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The time has come for me to walk the journey home. We finish early that day so I decided to walk home through the countryside rather than take a cramped bus. As I walked through the small stretch roads and past the vast green countryside fields, I felt alive. The clean air invigorated my body in a moment of ecstasy.

As I came across a large opening, I stopped and turned towards it. The sunlight pierced through clouds to reveal the big open fields and cascaded around the one hill in a bandolier of light. This is the beauty of the world and makes me ponder on how valuable life and nature is. It makes me think of the theory of how we came to be.

My daydream stopped however, as a speeding car drove passed me and blocked my gaze. I started to walk again, but this time I did not stop until I reached my journey's end.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I entered the house once again and dropped my keys on the coffee table. I collapsed on the sofa and took in the silence, the sound of clock ticking echoed through my head. I started to stare at it, day dreaming, the ticking got louder and louder and louder.

"STOP!" I shouted. This is strange, I never felt this angry before since I was in school. Back then I had anger issues which I learned to control now. In the past when I got angry, I became... violent. Now I just learnt to relax... and thanks to the brony fandom I helped to control that.

I got up to get some water to try and calm me down. I still felt angry. So I tried a different technique, I just ignored what I did and erased the anger, sort of like a short term memory wipe. It worked, my heart rate dropped to the average.

"Phew!" I said relieved.

Night eventually came and I felt exhausted so I went upstairs to get ready for bed. I said goodnight to my mum and shut my door. But I couldn't sleep, the thought of loneliness swallowed me as so did the dark. But the light came in from a hopeful source, the moon. It was a full moon and at it's brightest. The cool ambient light filled my room with hope and protection from the darkness and gave me promise for another peaceful night.

I started to think again, about that special someone. What if that girl is not out there, am I really all alone? I thought. A tear built up and trickled down my cheek. As the tear reached it's journey's end, my eyes went open in shock and my pupils shrunk, something felt wrong... very wrong. My heart failed as it suddenly stopped functioning but suddenly started back up again. I felt the unbearable pain hit my heart as fast as a bullet. I tried not to scream, as I didn't want to wake up my mum next door so I muted myself. My chest felt unimaginable pain, my hand covered my heart and clenched the skin as tight as I can to re-direct to a controllable pain.

But it eventually came to halt and I was normalised "What was that?" I said to myself. Suddenly there was light seeping under my door, this was a strange phenomenon since... there is no window on the other side of that door, it was the hallway. I got out of my bed slowly carefully not to wake my mum, she was a heavy sleeper anyway. I opened the door and right next to me was the source of the light, it was my mirror.

"What?! This is impossible!" I shouted in a whisper. I cover my mouth in disbelief. There was no reflection of the light from anywhere or anything it was just there! I couldn't believe my eyes.

"I wonder..." I thought out loud. My curious mind force me to stick my hand through it... and it went through. In reaction I retracted my arm to my body. Don't go through! You don't know what's behind that... thing! my conscience told me. But something made me change my mind. I have just discovered something scientifically impossible and who knows what's on the other side! So, without question I stepped through the mirror.

I fell into this tunnel of multicoloured spectrum that twisted and turn in a randomly fashion. It was the most frightening and amazing thing I have ever seen. My amazement was short however. My limbs started to take a different form, my molecular structure twisted and bend into shape, taking on a new form that was not relevant to our reality. It started to hurt as my DNA was writing a new code.

The pain was too much for me to bear which forced me to eventually fall unconscious...

Author's Note:

Sorry this chapter is too brief or too short. And that it's mainly about me but this is explaining essentially what happened before I crossed over :) I promise the future chapters will be longer :) I'd like to thank my friend Andrzej for that chat we had last year :D