• Published 29th Sep 2013
  • 836 Views, 23 Comments

My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic - Hand In Hoof - Blaze Chaser



After an unexpected event I travel to the world of our paradise... Equestria. Landing there being greeted by fictional characters, suddenly fall in love and find out a an unexpected secret then it was... strange. And this is the story of how I died.

  • ...
3
 23
 836

1 -The Two Worlds

My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic

Hand In Hoof

Keys:
- (-----) = A change in scene or narrative perspective
- (Italic) = My thinking at the time or my general thoughts of the story

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chapter 1 - The Two Worlds

The sharpening glare of the sun lit up the sky in a swirl of red and orange, that would symbolize the great day ahead. As the sun rose by Princess Celestia a new day has begun with the awakening of the young princess Twilight Sparkle with birds singing outside her window in a happy chirps that would make Fluttershy sing too.

Twilight felt so bliss as she arose from her slumber with a happy yawn and stretched her hooves, with the click of her neck she relaxed and sighed in happiness.

Twilight analysed her environment, reminding herself how far she came from Canterlot to were she is now. The princess looked at Spike's bed and noticed it isn't occupied, she called out to her humble assistant "Spike!". Twilight waited for a response, but no answer. She climbed out of bed and used her magic to adjust the covers and fluff the pillow.

Royalty wasn't Twilight's ambition, she liked doing things herself. She believes that having a crown on her head doesn't really make her a good leader or own a kingdom. Spike always thought it would be cool but Twilight didn't see it...yet.

Twilight walked down the stairs to the library when she called Spike again "Spike?" she said loudly but with less volume in her voice, then found him fast asleep on the library floor. The place looked clean and spotless as the reflective glare of the sun bounced off the polished floor. Spike was found with the cleaning ornaments still compressed to his body as he is curled up for warmth, fast asleep and snoring.

"Awww Spike," Twilight said with a smile. She used her magic to carefully lift up her loyal assistant off the floor and gently place him on his bed and pulled the cover over him with her mouth.

"Sleep well my number one assistant" Twilight whispered. As Spike snuggled for comfort, he let out a relaxing sigh.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Up in the clouds there was a floating house that maintained it's presence as of the previous days. The orange sunlight climbed through the cloud palace window which brought the bedroom of the cyan pegasus to life.

Rainbow Dash got up to stretch her wings as they expanded wider with her feathers straining to the tips until they would show signs of restraint, a click of her neck and she rushed out the door. Dash trotted towards the edge of her palace and can see the earth below. The rainbow-maned flier expanded her wings and closed her eyes to let the cooling air brush through her mane and tail. With a deep breath she stood up on two hooves and opened her wings. For when only until the force of the wind could not keep her up anymore Dash gradually started to tilt forward. Letting the sky take her.

She was falling very fast as she increased in velocity with her wings folded to her sides, decreasing air resistance. While the ground got closer and closer every second, her eyes were still shut from the prevailing winds that pushed her up.

From about 70 feet above the ground, as by reflex, her eyes opened suddenly with the pupils dilating to the natural light, her adrenaline kicked in and swooped up from the ground. Dash missed the ground by inches and yelled out a loud and exciting "yeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaahhhhh!" that was a wake up call for her. Who needs coffee when you are free falling 30 feet per second?

As the blue pegasus started to climb higher and higher, fighting against gravity, she started to slow down. Rainbow Dash landed on the nearest cloud and looked over Equestria like a hawk looking for it's pray as she prepared herself for her favourite trick.

"Here. we. go," Rainbow Dash said with determination. Everything fell silent, she leaped of a cloud to bounce on another one below. Only to ricochet from the upper cloud and use it like a catapult. She took off at tremendous speed.

The cloud vaporised behind her from the sheer force of launch as she flew down towards Ponyville. Rainbow Dash went faster and faster as her heart started to beat more every second. Down and down she went as the thin air started to build in front of her. She started shedding tears as the speed was too great.

The thin layer of air started to compress into a white cone, straining her body. It got to the point where the thin air surrounded her like water and sure enough... her body stretched as she broke the sound barrier and the legendary sonic rainboom was created.

The trial of spectra shone upon Ponyville, but disturbed the current tranquility with the loud crack of the broken sound barrier. AppleJack woke up "what in tarnation?" she blurted out upon hearing the sudden sound. AppleJack looked out the window to see Rainbow Dash's trial of colours streching across Ponyville. The apple-bucking pony gave a smirk to Dash's still brilliant move as she gazed upon the shining village of Ponyville, basking in the morning sun. It reminded her of when she got her cutie mark. That made Applejack smile even more, if it weren't for that beautiful stream of spectra she wouldn't be here today. AppleJack turned back and pulled out a suitcase from under her bed for her quick journey she had planned to go to Appleloosa.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Twilight and Rainbow Dash met up at the local cafe for their early morning pick me up. A unicorn waiter walked over with a note pad and pen and said "Good Morning your majesty, what can I get you for today?" and gave a cheerful smile on his face.

"Oh there is no need to call me your majesty, just call me Twilight," said the happy princess.

"Yes your majes- I mean Miss Sparkle!" the cafe waiter said nervously. "What can I get you?".

"I will have some tea please," said Twilight.

"Really Twilight?" said Dash cutting in.

"Have some coffee! Jeez!" the cyan pegasus complained.

The alicorn answered "Coffee isn't my thing, it raises your hear-"

Rainbow Dash interrupted again "Wait..." she held up a hoof "Don't do the sciency stuff on me Twilight"

Twilight gave an aggravating stare at her friend.

"What?" Rainbow Dash asked while looking confused.

The bookworm chose to withdraw her state of mind. Then Dash ordered "I'll have an espresso," she demanded. This is her general drink when she is either tired or hasn't really have much energy or adrenaline.

"Yes miss," the waiter written it down on his notepad with his magic and walked back into the building.

Rainbow Dash looked around and saw many couples together and sighed. Twilight could read her like a book.

"What's wrong Rainbow?" asked Twilight.

"Nothing, nothing is wrong" Dash said with quick thinking but it became obvious to Twilight that there was clearly something wrong with her loyal friend.

"It's ok Rainbow Dash you can tell me I am your friend."

The rainbow-maned mare looked up at Twilight to find her smiling. With that smile the cyan pegasus can see trust, honesty and friendship in her purple eyes. Dash gave up, she knew the bookworm wouldn't shut up until Twilight had an answer.

"Ok, but keep it a secret?" Dash said.

"Have you ever been in a relationship Twilight?" asked Rainbow, looking up with her sad magenta eyes and her right hoof resting on the table.

"Oh, well, no... not really. I mean I have been caught up with my studies. I don't really plan of having a relationship at the moment but I did have some stallions ask me out but I rejected them, again relationships are not my priority. Maybe after I settle down," Twilight said with a wave of her hoof, justifying herself.

"Have you?" she asked

"No," loneliness crept into Dash's train of thought. "I haven't really found the right somepony yet", it became a fantasy of hers that she would picture her special 'somepony'.

"I want him to be like me adventurous, daring, awesome, kind and... well loyal!" Rainbow Dash explained.

"Wow the great Rainbow Dash wants to meet a stallion!" Twilight said poking fun

"Yeah, but this doesn't mean I'm going all sappy!" Rainbow exclaimed.

"Ok, ok I understand," Twilight replied gently.

"Thanks... Twi."

"No problem," the princess said with a smile.

The faint aroma of coffee met both Twilight and Rainbow Dash's nose as the waiter who had been here earlier was hovering some drinks with his magic and gently placed them in front of them.

"Tea..." he said looking at Twilight's side of the table. "aaaand Coffee, there you go enjoy your drinks ladies," he said smiling and walked off to get on with his business. The alicorn thanked him for the orders and turned her attention to Dash, her friend was sulking with her head resting on a hoof and stirred her coffee slowly. Twilight gave a look of concern and started to sip the tea.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After that brief conversation with Twilight, Rainbow Dash sulked all day. It was more of a relaxing day for all of them as there wasn't anything to do. The day ended with the domain being given to Luna, the ruler of the night and protector of dreams. Everypony returned home to go to sleep, preparing for the next day. Although Rainbow wasn't, she just lay there on her bed looking out here window and at the stars. But there was one star that shone brighter than all the stars, the northern star. It was Twilight's favourite one to look at because of it's intense brightness. Depression had caught up with Rainbow Dash as it trailed through her mind. Will she met somepony? What will her future be?

"Why am I so alone?" Rainbow Dash said. a pool of liquid started to build in her eyes. She was crying.

"How come no pony is interested in me!" Dash waved both her hooves out "Me! The awesome Rainbow Dash! I'm fast, strong and awesome!" Her thoughts became darker with every objection to her own motivation.

"I'm probably destined to be on my own," she said as she fell onto her bed in disappointment.

She couldn't sleep in her bed, for once Rainbow Dash was feeling lonely. The sight of having an empty house just made her more and more depressed and felt cold inside that even the warmth of her cosy cloud bed couldn't heat her. Dash climbed out of bed and fluttered off, the fastest pegasus in Equestria would only flap her wings in small rhythmic movements. For once in her life the fastest pegasus in Equestria wouldn't speed her way out the door...

She took her time and acted as if her time wasn't really worth anything.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Twilight and Spike were asleep in their beds. The dragon was curled up in his nest. Probably dreaming about gem stones again since he keeps trying to eat his pillow, with saliva covering the young dragons bed as he dreamt away. Twilight however wasn't asleep yet again. She was reading her books on her desk. Minutes would go by with book after book being put back to the original place on the shelf after Twilight has successfully analysing every book in her pile into that large cranium of hers.

The silence reseeded by a knock on the door. Wandering who it could be, she walked towards the library door and opened it, her sight was caught by a cyan pegasus standing in the doorway with a glint of sadness in her magenta eyes.

"Hey Twi...can I sleep here tonight? I am feeling kinda lonely..." said Rainbow Dash with the break in her voice that was encouraged by her loneliness and sorrow filled state of mind.

"Yeah, sure come in," Twilight answered back. Dash walked in through the library door with a small smile on her face as if it was a relief that her friend accepted the request.

"I have a spare bed next to mine. I already had it laid out for you," said Twilight.

She had a spare bed out for AppleJack and Rarity's sleepover but Twilight had to cancel because they had other plans. AppleJack went to Appleloosa and Rarity went to canterlot for a fashion event. Rainbow Dash walked in and followed the purple alicorn upstairs. They both got into bed and settled.

"Goodnight Twilight," said Dash.

"Goodnight Rainbow," Twilight replied.

Rainbow Dash started to think again, about that special somepony. What if that somepony is not out there, am I really all alone? A tear built up and trickled down her soft, cyan plush cheek. She held her breath to not let Twilight hear her sobbing and moment of weakness. As the tear reached it's journey's end, her pupils shrunk to the size of a bead, as if something was unexpected. Her heart failed her as it suddenly stopped functioning but jumped back up again. The rainbow-maned pegasus felt the unbearable pain hit her heart faster than her sonic rainboom. Twilight suddenly arose to the sudden screaming of the pegasus.

"RAINBOW!" shouted Twilight as she quickly rushed to her friend. Rainbow Dash had her hooves over her heart.

"What is happening to you?!" Twilight panicked, she cast a spell to scan Rainbow Dash's body for the source of the pain with a purple aurora wrapping the cyan pegasus. The effect made an x-ray effect, showing her inner body. The effect faded away as Twilight stopped her magic.

"I don't know whats wrong." said Twilight, she gave a expression that shared lack of knowledge, the bookworm should knowingly find the answer as she always does, but not this time. For a brief second Dash's pain increased and then... nothing. At that point a crackling sound came from outside. Twilight ran to the window and opened it to get a clear view, she discovered a bright object falling out of the sky. From Rainbow Dash's perspective she can see it too. The object hit the ground with a loud thump that would make a wagon jump.

"Is that a comet?" Dash said with her voice weakened from the experience she just endured. Twilight hurried over to aid her helpless friend and said "No that isn't a comet, the structure is all wrong" explained Twilight.

"Are you okay?" she asked Dash. "Yeah i'll be alright, what just happened to me?" Rainbow Dash replied with a confused face.

"I don't know but we have to find out."

"Wait, where's Spike?" Dash asked. They both looked around to find the dragon still asleep and eating his pillow. Twilight gave a confused stare at her young assistant. Rainbow Dash scratched the back of her head, joining Twilight's confusion.

"We should get going," said Dash finally breaking the silence.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The concerned citizens of Ponyville were gathering at the town hall where the major is standing on the podium. "Calm down everypony! I am sure we are looking into what is going on," said The Major with stress in her voice as she struggles to gain control.

The concerned voices were disrupted by Twilight "STOP!!". The villagers heads all turned to the direction of the purple alicorn standing behind the crowd facing the Town Hall.

"We don't know what this is but me and Rainbow Dash will go to investigate what it is, everypony go back to your homes and get some sleep," explained Twilight. With everypony confused they slowly made their way back to they're houses leaving questioning chatter in the freezing air. The sound of closing doors silenced Ponyville for only the calm air can now be heard.

"Wait where are the others?" asked Rainbow Dash.

"The others are away. AppleJack has gone to Appleloosa to visit her cousin Braeburn. Rarity has gone to Canterlot for some fashion event that I don't know of. Fluttershy has gone to stay with the woodland critters to help keep they're homes warm. And Pinkie Pie... I have no idea." explained Twilight.

"Well that sucks... they'll miss the fun." Rainbow Dash claimed while walking over to Twilights side.

Twilight smirked and rolled her eyes before setting off to discover the crash. "It looks like it crashed outside the Everfree forest."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sound of the Ponies running echoed through the night. Their hoof stomps ricocheting along the hills, that broke the peaceful silence.

"We should be approaching the site now..." panted Twilight. The purple mare and the cyan pegasus came to an all of a sudden halt to not believe they're eyes. The trees outside the forest were destroyed from the crash landing. The trail of destruction lead to the massive crater with the cause of it in the center.

They look upon the crater and slowly make their way towards the centre when something caught they're eyes. A pony's body lay in front of them, covered in burns and scuff marks. Looking in bad shape.

The two ponies looked over the body when Twilight gasped in shock to find who it is, breaking the silence.

"R-Rainbow Dash that pony looks like you!" Twilight said in shock. The eyes of the unconscious stallion opened slightly to see the two figures looking over him and finally closed to become unconscious again.

"We have to get him to the hospital at once" said Twilight

Dash placed the unconscious body on her back and started to run towards the hospital. Twilight followed suite.

After they finally made it to the hospital, the front doors burst open, "This pony needs attention now!" Twilight shouted. The receptionist called the Doctor in for the body to be carried to a ward. Stallions came out of the double doors with a portable bed. Rainbow Dash placed the injured pony onto the bed and was carried off to be examined.

An hour had passed as the ponies were sitting in the waiting area for them to be called in by the Doctor. He opened the doors and said "Miss Princess Sparkle and Miss Dash please come with me." The two ponies followed the Doctor to the ward were the injured pony lay on a bed.

"He has a broken wing," said The Doctor as he entered the ward with them "It shouldn't be a problem to repair it."

"Wait how is he a stallion?" asked the confused pegasus.

"He is conscious and was talking in his sleep and has a stallions voice," explained The Doctor.

Twilight put a hoof to her chin in curiosity "Where did he come from?" she asked herself.