• Published 19th Apr 2013
  • 1,327 Views, 139 Comments

Twilight Gives Way to Dawn - Lawpony



Join Queen RedDawn - formerly known as Princess Twilight Sparkle - as she attempts to crush the powers of Commander Rainbow Dash and her company of rebels.

  • ...
11
 139
 1,327

The Plunge

As Rarity plunged through the wall, she did not expect what she would find on the other side. She had driven them both into a massive hole. The hole had three bridges stretching across it. It was about three hundred feet deep, and each bridge was about seventy feet lower than the last. As Rarity and the knight fell down the hole, their momentum was greatly slowed as they fell through each bridge. When they finally hit the ground, the knight's hammer was detached and embedded in the rocky floor. The knight saw this and quickly retracted the broken limb attachment. Before Diamond could bat an eye, he had extended a massive great sword from his other foreleg.

"Ah, so this is the road we must travel."

The juggernaut nodded.

"So be it!", Diamond spat.

She charged the knight and was nearly cleaved in two by his massive blade. She stretched two legs to either side, and slid under the him. When she came back up, she back flipped onto his back, spun around and would have fired a diamond into the back of his head, had it not been completely protected.

"Blast-OOF!", she was flung into the air as he flicked her with his armored tail.

Once she was in the air, he swatted her with his unarmed hoof, sending her through a column of the lower bridge. When she hit the wall, she was able to gain balance in the hole she had made, and suddenly shot a bolt of frost at him. She successfully froze her target in place for the time being. She made her way over to him and began to examin him. She grinned the most evil grin she could muster.

"So this is what you see with? A simple eye hole. How do you see out of such a small hole? Better yet, how do you see out of such a small hole, when you have a diamond embedded in your skull?", Rarity maniacally laughed.

Just then, the knight spoke. "I have a question. How will you breathe when you have a sword embedded in your chest?", the knight asked through his helmet.

"How did you-", she was cut off, as his massive blade made contact with her chest, and sent her flying.

"Yeah, try to come back from that!"

Per his request, the evil sorceress slowly stood up, and began cracking her vertebrae back in place.

"Eww, gross!", the knight began backing away.

She had finished with her back and was now putting her left foreleg back in its socket. When she completed this, she popped her neck out of its sickening position that border lined looking broken.

"You were saying..."

"How the-", he was shot into the wall by a large magic blade.

"That was extremely painful! Please do not do that again," Diamond growled.

The knight looked to his left and noticed an archway. He looked back and quickly constructed a plan. Without delay, he shot a massive crossbow bolt from his shoulder at Rarity, and while she dodged, he dove for the door. He made it just in time and cleaved the top of the arch in two with his blade, causing it to collapse and close the gap. He then saw that she was digging through the ruble, so he ran on three legs while he dug into the ceiling with his blade, causing the hallway he left behind to further collapse.

"I need someone on top to send the ceiling of the delta excavation hole down on itself. Red Dawn's sorceress is in there and I don't think she can die easily!", the knight sent over the magical comm.

"We're kinda busy at the moment. The mantacores are obeying them for some reason!"

"But I need help! She's chasing me down a hall now! If she gets to me, I'm dead! I need someone to hurry up and fill this pit in, or send me help!"

Just then his pleas were answered and he heard a massive explosion. It was followed by the sound of ruble falling nearby. He stopped running, put his sword away, and began to catch his breath. His heart was racing. Had he just narrowly avoided the worst death he could think of? Death by a sorcerer is not fun he had heard. He had heard they could do things to your very soul to make sure you didn't die too quickly. He was calming down and began walking off the shaky feeling in his legs. He slowly walked until he came to a wall with a sign that read, "Excavation zone. Tunnel currently halfway dug."

"Oh no! Don't tell me I just trapped myself down here in a tunnel!"

He turned around and didn't see anything behind him. For some reason, something about this made his skin crawl.

"Uh, guys. I think I have a problem. I seem to have trapped myself in an unfinished tunnel. I need somebody to get me outta here. I don't have the right equipment to dig outta here. Guys?"

The only thing that gave him company was the quiet, and an eerie feeling.

"Um...what happened up there? Why won't they respond?!", the knight was beginning to sweat.

Suddenly, he could hear the ruble collapse in the direction he came.

"Hello? Did you guys here me? That was kinda quick for somebody who was just fighting a manticore."

There was only dark and silence.

"This doesn't seem right. Something's off."

He lit up his horn to see in the dark tunnel, for there were no light sources left behind from the recent excavations. Before he died, the last thing he saw was a diamond suddenly closing the distance to his face.

Author's Note:

Sorry for such a long delay. I really hope you enjoyed the chapter. It was fun to write. Now to go take a nap, or eat lunch...whichever comes first.