• Published 19th Apr 2013
  • 1,327 Views, 139 Comments

Twilight Gives Way to Dawn - Lawpony



Join Queen RedDawn - formerly known as Princess Twilight Sparkle - as she attempts to crush the powers of Commander Rainbow Dash and her company of rebels.

  • ...
11
 139
 1,327

This Can't Be Good

It was a nice day to stand guard today. Not that much was happening, not that much ever did. But today just seemed like one of those days. The sun was at a forty five degree angle, indicating that in a few hours it would be noon; and that meant lunch! Flage, short for Camouflage, was having the best day of the year so far. Maybe, if she pulled the right strings, and said the right things, it could be perfect.

"Hey, Flip?", Flage got her friends attention.

"Yeah Flage?", Flip turned out of her position to see what her co-post guard friend wanted.

"Where's Flop?", she looked not scared, just inquisitive.

Flop was Flip's twin brother. They had grown up together and had a special kind of sibling bond it seems only twins can have. They seemed to have a sort of connection that made each stronger when near the other. It was a possible effect of a magic containing organism that shared a womb. It isn't common, but can still happen. This is why Flip and Flop were stationed outside the entrance. They were to be a more powerful unit this way.

"Oh, he's at the doctor, he got the flew last week when the unexpected cold came," Flip looked at her friend. "But he'll be fine, he's in the last stages of recovery."

"Well that's good. The flew used to be very dangerous until Equestria came to our aid. But we are running out. The civil war has stopped the flow of supplies. It never effects just the county it happens in. But, they told us to stay out of it... well tell Flop I thought about him today."

"I will. You know, I was just thinking that today was a nice day, despite all that's going on elsewhere."

"Yeah, so was I. I don't think anything could ruin it," she inhaled a deep breath and sighed.

As if fate were waiting for those lines to be uttered, a huge flaming rock came over the hill and began its path into the gate that the two were standing. The gate, and everything previously in front of it was crushed. Then she came. It was as if death itself had walked up onto the scene.

"Well, it looks like I've squashed another bug!", she looked down at Flip's unrecognizable body. "Troops! The gate is open! If in any way possible, kill as little Changelings as you can. Their queen is our target.", Rarity sent over the telepathic comm.

"For our Queen!" someone sent back.

A multitude of soldiers came storming over the hill to funnel into the hole that led to the center of the hive. The soldiers made their way to the tunnels where they met a force they had not expected to be there so quickly. The imperials used stun bolts that they would fire from their horns. This would paralyze them, but not permanently. This was so the imperials could make their way past the Changeling soldiers without killing every one of them; which was not their goal.

"How did they know we were coming? We took out the gate guards!", Rarity was furious because of the minor delay.

Just then, a soldier about ten feet away from her collapsed to the floor and then turned into a Changeling, a dead one. It was Flage.

"This scum warned them! Hurry! We must get past them to get to their Queen!", Rarity commanded.

When the imperials continued their barrage of stun bolts, it slowly began to stop having effect. This only fueled Rarity's hate even more. She flew into the nearest Changeling and plunged her horn into his heart. She then spun around and flung him into the crowd of Changelings that was nearest to her.

"This is what happens when you don't comply with the Empire. You get killed! Destroyed! We will kill your Queen and take you over! This is your chance! You will either accept or die denying. But your hive will belong to High Queen Red Dawn!"

"You will die trying, just like the Griffon terrorist! We are all stronger than any pony!", an unnamed Changeling yelled from the crowd. This earned a massive roar from the Changelings.

"Very well."

Rarity nodded, and all of the soldiers rushed their targets at once. She ran to a Changeling and without blinking an eye, jumped over him, landing with her horn down his back. She flung him into another, and while he was distracted, shot a diamond into his face. He too fell. She kept this up for another minute, until a knight in pure gold armor, which towered over a normal sized pony by three heads and shoulders, stepped out into the open.

"Dibs!", Diamond Death sent out telepathically.

"Of course my Lady! It is all yours," a higher lieutenant replied.

She ran up to him, and sent three magic bolts right at his face. This only distracted him, as the armor, which covered his face, was enchanted. He regained himself though, and swung his left foreleg at her, and a hammer flew out of it and smashed into her. She spun around just in time to use her feet to kick off of a wall. She propelled herself into him, horn charged, and sent them both through the wall behind him.

The battle in the main hall continued on. It was starting to look up, then a manticore was released in the direction of the Imperials. As it slowly made its way over to them, the soldiers just looked on in determination.

"Well, let's get this over with," the currently leading commander -in Diamond Death's absence- extened his right forehoof, and a scythe folded out of his it. "I believe you have a poor choice in prey."

Author's Note:

Sorry about the delay...the 30th was the last day of school, not the one after like I thought, then I wasted all of yesterday playing Dark Souls. Can't really call it wasting...that's the only game I could play all day and have it as a realistic excuse for why I didn't post ponies...but anywho...hope you enjoyed...also, I like to put a lot of ...'s got a problem with it? oh well.............. :P