• Published 19th Apr 2013
  • 1,327 Views, 139 Comments

Twilight Gives Way to Dawn - Lawpony



Join Queen RedDawn - formerly known as Princess Twilight Sparkle - as she attempts to crush the powers of Commander Rainbow Dash and her company of rebels.

  • ...
11
 139
 1,327

The Path of Purging

Rainbow Dash, Pineshield, and Spike were walking the way back to Ponyville. Behind them, about a mile, waited ten thousand dragon warriors waiting for the go ahead to walk in. The three arrived just outside of Ponyville at nine o'clock in the evening. The Commander had a strange feeling.

"Something seems off," she muttered.

As they stepped into town, it seemed quiet. No pony was out play, working, or even buying or selling. No lights were on in homes, and no pony voices were heard inside.

"Uh...what happened here? It's too quiet to be good," The Commander whispered to Pineshield.

They walked toward town square, and the commotion became louder and louder as they approached.

"They've fled! They've run away in fear for their lives! They have abandoned you ponies! What do you think of them now?!", a voice bellowed over the entire town's folk as they gathered.

"That's where they went," Spike whispered.

As they came fully around another home, they noticed it was the Queen herself, and her entire army in the thousands behind her.

"OH CRAP!", Rainbow hissed as she backed them back around the house.

"What do we do? They're way behind us!", Pineshield was panicked.

"Send a letter?", Spike suggested.

"Great idea! We could get them here faster if you did!", The Commander whispered under the commotion.

Spike took out a quill, paper, and ink and began writing a letter. When he had finished, he blew it in flames.

"Good, now we just-AHH!"

Pineshield was dragged into the open by magic.

"Your highness! They have returned!", Diamond Death bellowed.

"Well isn't this great!", Rainbow muttered as she got pulled out as well, followed by Spike.


"What do you think is going to happen when we win? I mean, do you think we're just going to go our separate ways, or will there be peace and open trade between our nations once more?", the dragon mage was talking to Lord Golan.

"I do hope it will go back to the days of old. My father told me stories of before Lord Smendor. He told me of how ponies and dragons lived together in peace. How before the greed dragons gave us a bad name. Before all of this. But now we are going to save them, and they will love us once more!", he rejoiced at the thought of peace.

"It would be a miracle, but yes, I would love to see that too." The mage looked up at his Lord. "Wait, letter incoming," he blew fire into his hands and a letter formed.

He opened it and began reading it aloud.

"No time for pleasantries! They're here! The Queen herself! She's taking the town back and they have thousands of soldiers! Please hurry!

-Spike"

"We must get there! NOW!", Lord Golan stood above them on a rock and bellowed, "THE QUEEN IS ALREADY IN THE TOWN! WE MUST LIBERATE IT!"

The warriors bellowed back.

"CHARGE!"

They all charged in a wave of power.


"So, you thought you could leave Ponyville unprotected for long did you? You fools! I have come to claim what is rightfully mine! What has always been rightfully mine! And I bring the armor of your precious Applejack with me!", Red Dawn threw it in front of them, covered in blood.

Rainbow Dash looked stunned for a moment, but held back her tears and made her face stern. "We didn't leave it without protection! I just left it without me! And that's what you wanted isn't it?", Rainbow was bound in the middle of town, along with Spike and Pineshield.

Such resilience!, Pineshield thought. That's why it's an honor to call her my Commander!

"And without you they fled! It is a sign that they are weak! But one must ask, why did you return? Did you think you could kill me in one last battle, or that you could do something glorious and make me cower? NO! I am HIGH QUEEN! NO PONY WILL STAND AGAINST ME!", she began to cackle.

"No? What about a dragon?", Lord Golan was standing on top of a building looking down at her.

"Wha-", he cut her off.

"I think a dragon could. Or should I say, dragons?", at that moment, a multitude of dragons came rushing in weapons drawn.

He jumped off of the roof and freed the three and they turned to the queen.

"NO!", she jumped into the air and teleported multiple times until she was in a royal carriage, and it began to fly away. "YOU WIN THIS ROUND! BUT YOU WILL NEVER WIN THE WAR! YOU WILL ALL DIE!"

"Blast! Where are our soldiers?"

"I gave them the order to flee if the battle came before we were ready."

A changeling juggernaut began charging at them, and suddenly it was run through by a massive blast of magic.

"Take THAT, magic deflecting armor!", came a cry from a unicorn.

Rainbow turned to look, and there stood ten mages, as a multitude of Pegasi flew over them to join the battle.

"There they are!", she turned back to the battle. "Let's do this! Civilians! Get back into your homes!"

The battle was being waged around them, and they just found an opening and jumped in. If they weren't in resistance armor, a civilian, or a dragon they were killed.

One dragon was shot in the back by a magical bolt, but her just turned around and incinerated the unicorn responsible. Another dragon swung a mighty hammer at a Pegasus and caught him out of the air. The battle was looking up for the Resistance.

"WE CAN DO THIS! WE WILL DO THIS! RUN THEM OUT OF OUR TOWN!", Rainbow bellowed at her forces.

"DRAGONS FOLLOW!", Golan yelled at his troops.

A massive charge through town left the streets littered with many changeling bodies as well as imperial bodies, along with a few from the resistance. The dragons had only lost three so far. Their legendary armor protecting against most magic and physical attacks, but wasn't perfect.

The charge led all of the way to the end of town and the Empire was now outnumbered three to five. They fled, and the battle for Ponyville was a success.

"Let us not stop here! We will purge this land of the filth!", Lord Golan shouted.

They began a charge that led them from Ponyville, to Los Pegasus, to Manehattan, to Fillydelphia, to Baltimare and all in between. In ten days they had pushed the Empire into Canterlot.

They arrived back in Ponyville, with more troops than ever. The dragons had lost half of their soldiers in the campaign, but the Resistance gained hundreds of volunteers with every town and city liberated. Their forces were growing.

"You have done us a great service, you are true heroes!", Rainbow was standing in town square. "Along with all of the fallen that couldn't stand here today! I thank you, on behalf of all of Equestria, for your valiant efforts!"

"But it's not over yet!", Golan cried. "The scum has been pushed into their base, and I wish to see this to the end!"

"You wish to join us for the final battle?", Pineshield questioned.

"I would fight by your side into the pits of tartarus! It has been an honor to fight with the Resistance!", Golan bowed to them, and the whole of the multitude bowed before Pineshield and Rainbow Dash.

Pineshield shook his head at the thought, turned and bowed himself before her.

His Commander.

Author's Note:

So...rushed, or not rushed? That is the question! Who else wants to see the epic ending? It should be over in the next chapter or two, while I'd rather it be no less than three chapters. Stay awesome my friends!