• Published 19th Apr 2013
  • 1,327 Views, 139 Comments

Twilight Gives Way to Dawn - Lawpony



Join Queen RedDawn - formerly known as Princess Twilight Sparkle - as she attempts to crush the powers of Commander Rainbow Dash and her company of rebels.

  • ...
11
 139
 1,327

Time to Act

The night went by peacefully. Everypony slept well in spite of the battle which loomed over their heads. The drunk ponies were few and thankfully so, as they were locked up to be kept out of the way. There wasn't a rule against drinking while on home soil, but there would be after the previous night. The sun had not even risen and everypony was waking up and beginning their long careful preparations for the hard battle ahead of them.

Pineshield opened his eyes to find Rainbow Dash still curled up under his wing. She had a small smile on her face as she nuzzled up against him. His heart melted as he felt her soft peaceful breath on his neck. He grew sad as he knew he would have to wake her. It was the first peaceful sleep she's had in ages and he'd have to end it. How would he? Would he go for the military wake up, or softly nudge her? His question was answered as a loud knock came from the door, startling both of them. Rainbow Dash shot upright and looked at the door.

"Who is it?", she tiredly called.

"Scootaloo the Swift requesting that you come to the battle room and begin briefing," came a boyish voice from outside.

"On my way," Rainbow responded.

She turned and looked at Pineshield, who was halfway in the closet.

She tilted her head.

"I thought they were coming in," he answered her unspoken question.

"Oh, okay. We'd better get to the battle room quickly. We need to have everypony on the same page for this."

She walked over to the door and opened it. When she had stepped out into the hall, she looked around and didn't see anypony. She looked back to Pineshield and waved her wing towards the hall. Pineshield edged out of her room and they walked quickly to a point in the hall where they wouldn't look suspicious walking together. They made it past the mess hall and hadn't seen anypony. Glad they hadn't been seen coming from her room, they calmed a bit and walked to the battle room at a steadier pace.

Upon entering the battle room, they were met by all of the higher ranking ponies such as squad leaders and any other ponies that had any significance in the planning of a war.. Along with leaders, there were rank-less entities such as the three younger mares: Scootaloo, Applebloom, and Sweetie Belle.

"Okay, let's get down to business," Rainbow rested her fore-hooves on the table. "We need to have our plan completely ready before we proceed. Ranking officers, first thing's first. I request that you inform your troops not to kill the Queen."

This earned her looks from every pony present, save Pineshield.

"I have a plan for her, but she needs to remain alive for it to happen."

They all nodded, knowing she knew what was best.

"I want all Pegasi under Pineshield and giving air support. Unicorns will be our main protection and ranged support, while Earth troops will be on the front lines. Earth ponies will go in squads of twenty. All squads under my lead. If I give an order, it is followed without delay." They all nodded. " Good. I want catapults on top of the mountain, firing down at any large gathering of hostiles they see. It would usually be hard to lug it up the mountain, but Unicorns will be tasked with teleporting it piece by piece," she pointed at the top of the mountain on the map.

"If we can get them built well hidden around the mountain face, it would be an easy task to pull them around to face Canterlot within minutes. Swift, Silent, Strong. I want you three on the front lines. I know you like the covert jobs, but this is the front line, no room for stealth this time. I know you three can handle it," she was looking at Scootaloo, Sweetie Belle, and Applebloom.

"Yes ma'am!", they said in unison, saluting her.

"Now, This fight will be long and hard. I want to see courage out there. I know there is fear in the hearts of my ponies, I feel it too. But we need to be brave, strong, unstoppable!"

This earned her a large "HURRAH!" from the gathering.

She looked out proudly over her soldiers, her friends, her family.

"Oh, and one last thing. I know that Diamond Death is going to be out there too, but don't let her scare you. It is your fear that fuels her power. She is part of my plan as well. She is a primary target, to be taken alive and as quickly as possible. If we can get her out of this fight in the beginning, we will have greater chances."

They all nodded slowly. Deep inside, knowing she knew best. On the outside, they looked doubtful.

"Let's get to work!", she slammed her hoof down on the table and the gathering left the room.

Within minutes, the camp came alive with noise and action. Catapults were taken apart while unicorns grabbed pieces and disappeared with them. Squads were divided up and briefed. Pineshield took all of the Pegasi and went over the plan with them. Unicorns got together and warmed up their magic. The three spies, Scootaloo, Sweetie Belle, and Applebloom went over their own plans with each other. It was going smoothly, and Rainbow Dash had decided to put on her dark warrior armor.

It was a symbol of her power and control. It wasn't even close to the usual Command armor she often donned. This armor was somewhat ceremonial for her. It was hoof made by a friend, and was used as a sign of strength and ability.

It wasn't green like the usual rebel armor, but black, as the darkest nightmares. It was curved with spikes on the shoulders, the wings were strangely movable, though they looked as though they weighed a ton. They were clad with the same black spiky looking metal, and lined with large blades. Her leggings covered every inch of each leg. The shoes were especially sinister. They had one inch long spikes that created the sole of the boot, while the edge spikes ran over the top and created a lip around the edge of her hooves. Last was her helmet, which left no opening to see her face. The Visor was made of a transparent metal that was tented to the same black shade of her armor on the outside. She breathed through a vent system that ran through the helmet to the back of the head,

She looked in the mirror and was awe-struck to say the least. She hadn't worn the armor in so long she had forgotten how dangerous and scary she looked in it.

When she had posed a little for the mirror, she looked around in her chest of old armor and weapons to find the matching weapon for this set of armor. When she had found it, she reached in with her left fore-leg and attached the massive black spiky hammer to the armor. She raised it in the air. It was so light, she had forgotten how so, that she slammed it into the ceiling in expectation that it would weigh a ton. It in fact only weighed fifty pounds. Enough to maintain flight, while still able to crush a skull.

"Let's do this," she muttered to her reflection.

Author's Note:

Congratulations...I stayed up till 2:37 my time to update! I am so tired, but hopefully the quality's good. I knew that if I waited till tomorrow I would probably forget half of the cool ideas I had for this chapter, so...yeah. Also, If anyone is wondering what's with the names I gave the CMC, it's Scootaloo the Swift, Sweetie Belle the Silent, and Applebloom the Strong. They are somewhat in their own league entirely, and so are trusted with way more. They're like special warriors of their own kind.