• Published 19th Apr 2013
  • 1,248 Views, 23 Comments

The Story of Ian Camron - Swordoath



Fifteen year old Ian Camron, an awkward guy with an unfortunate past, is unwillingly stuck in equestria and turned into an unstable unicorn. Surrounded by pony girls and comepletely out of his element, what does fate have in mind for him?

  • ...
9
 23
 1,248

A Serene Sorrow and a Search Party

This world is horrible. My own world is out of reach.

Ian hates me, deep inside. I know it. He lies, covers it up, but he can't fool me. I won't let him hurt me again. I don't trust him enough to let him do that. I don't really trust anyone anymore.

Poor, naive Sarah. The gullible little girl who would blindly follow anyone. The stupidity of it all... I was blinded. My emotions clouded me, but no more. I won't be anyone's fool, ever again. Not, Ian's, not Sombra's, no one!

These were my thoughts as I left the library. I couldn't trust anyone. I had no faith left in them, not even Ian. I never wanted to see any of them again. I flew off, over the rooftops and trees, landing outside a forest overgrown with vines and odd flowers. They'd never find me in there. Never.

I'll admit, I started to panic a bit. And by panic, I mean freak out.

"Oh god, oh no. Not good. Where did she go?!" I mumbled frantically as I ran outside. No sign of her. I stomped a hoof in frustration. She must've flown off.

"Do you see her?" Twilight asked.

"No... she's gone." I sighed. "I don't even have a clue..."

"We could send out a search party," Risk suggested.

"No, she could be anywhere. By the time we organize a search party, she'd be long gone. Plus the girls have to go back to Appleooza and stop Discord," I rationalized. Again, all my problems were that bastard's fault. None of this would have happened if not for him. "Discord..." I growled.

"As soon as we get back, we'll help look," Twilight vowed, putting a hoof on my shoulder. "Pinkie promise."

"Pinkie promise?" I asked.

"Cross my heart and hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye." She made comical gestures to accompany the words.

I gave a little laugh, my expression softening a bit. "Right. I'll hold you to it. In the meantime, I'm gonna look for her on my own."

"Are you sure?" Twilight asked, her tone raising concerns she need not say.

"Don't worry," Risk assured her. "I'll have his back."

I looked at him quizzically, and asked "Why's that?"

"Seems to me that you're genuinely sorry about what you said, and she doesn't seem to be in the best mental state. Not to mention you'll need a griffon's eye view to keep a lookout." He said, his chest swelling with mock-pride.

"Right. Not on my own then. Twilight, give Discord hell from me and Sarah. We'll be waiting for you to come back."

She nodded at me with a smile, and ran off, her tiara floating beside her.

"Y'know..." I thought aloud. "I'm kinda surprised nopony questions my use of the word 'hell.'"

"What?"

"Nothing."

"Hey, um, guys...?" I heard a small voice. The door creaked open and Spike walked out. "Twilight wouldn't normally let me stay up this late, but..." he took a deep breath. "I want go with you to help you find your friend."

This came as an initial surprise, but not a completely unwelcome one. "Well, that's great, but, uh, how can you help?"

"I saw which way she flew off through the window." He said. "I can at least point you in the right direction, right? Plus I know my way around here better than either than you. I'd be like a map, or a tour guide."

"A dragon GPS," I grinned. "Alright. You can come help out. Which way did you see her go?"

Spike pointed in the direction directly opposite of the library. "She flew that way, towards the EverFree Forest."

"C'mon. Let's go!" I said. I scooped the the dragon onto my back with magic and ran in the direction he indicated, Risk not far ahead.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment