• Published 19th Apr 2013
  • 1,248 Views, 23 Comments

The Story of Ian Camron - Swordoath



Fifteen year old Ian Camron, an awkward guy with an unfortunate past, is unwillingly stuck in equestria and turned into an unstable unicorn. Surrounded by pony girls and comepletely out of his element, what does fate have in mind for him?

  • ...
9
 23
 1,248

Seige on Canterlot | Part Three | Change of Heart and Mind

"At last," the emperor of Darkness, his voice echoing throughout the cavern. "I am whole. Once more I shall take what is rightfully mine, and reclaim my throne in the Crystal empire!"

Then seven ponies burst in through the door behind me. It was Twilight and her friends, wearing these gaudy necklaces and tiaras. The lying, double-crossing Serene flew in ahead of them. She was fully colored now, and her eyes shone yellow, rather than green and purple.

"You! What are you doing here!?" I snarled at the group. They were unworthy of my king's presence.

"We're here to stop you!" Said Twilight, eyes narrowed in on Sombra.

"Wait. You think you can...." I stared at her, first mad she'd ignored my presence, even though I asked her the question, then forcing myself not to laugh. She though her and her friends could stand up to the king of darkness? The thought alone made me grin. I wouldn't even need to destroy them myself. It would be a piece of cake for Sombra. Apparently he thought so too, as he laughed aloud in his booming voice.

"Oh, this is just too rich," I said, grinning maniacly. "A know-it-all librarian, a stereotypical farmer, a crass and agressive weathermare, a hyperactive pastry chef, a reclusive veteranarian, and a wannabe fastionista are Canterlot's final defense? You sound like the characters of a crappy sit-com. This is a joke, right?" I glanced around. They seemed dead serious, though hurt by my words. "Really? Wow, you ponies really are stupider than I thought."

"Agreed. How pitifull. This is the best the princess can send against me? Six untrained mares and a traitor? Laughable. This will be so easy..." he thought aloud.

He used his own shadow to bring chunks of the ceiling the size of basket balls down on their heads. They scattered in effort to avaoid the falling crystal.

I knew he'd handle the six. I was more concerned about the fact that Serene approached me. I charged up a spell, not wanting to deal with further trickery. She stood up on her back two legs, a stance wich looked incredibly strange and unnatural for any pony to be in. She pulled something out from behind her, slowly. I narrowed my eyes- my phone? Where the hell did she even keep that? She entered a password- my password, which had been changed before my capture to 'Maine'- and went into the photos. She stopped on a photo of Sarah- the day I lost her.

"This is me. The day you last saw me, Ian. The boat, the storm, I remember it. All of it." Serene said.

"Th-there is no way you could know all that, you little backstabbing liar!" I protested.

"Oh? Isn't there? Ian, I know about our world, the human world. Our lives. You. Please, don't blind yourself to the truth anymore. I may have died on Earth, but I was brought here. You... you too." Her eyes were tearing up, but still held the same determined gaze. "Ian... I swear, every word I say now is true; I'm Sarah Galvin, and I know you, Ian Camron."

I hadn't noticed she'd slowly been getting closer, and was right in my face, back on all fours. Serene leaned in, and kissed me on the lips.

I felt like veil had been lifted from my mind. Like color hadbeen restored, making me brighter. My hatred, my anger, my resentment all drained out of me- the princesses, Twilight, they'd been trying to help me, not controll me. Sombra wasn't the king I thought him to be; he was a cruel, twisted tyrant.

And this was Sarah, right in front of me, eyes dripping salty tears to the floor.

She pulled away, but I threw my forelegs around in a hug. "I'm so sorry," I whispered. "I'm so, so sorry I didn't recognise you..."

"I-Ian...!" Sarah pulled away with an alarmed jolt. Sombra was charging up a bolt of dark energy at the ponies who'd been dazed by the mini avalanche of crystals. He fired it off, aiming for Pinkie and Fluttershy-

"NO!" I shouted, using the magic I'd charged up to throw up a sheild of energy. Both the sheild and the bolt dissapated, leacving the two unharmed.

"What treatury is this!?" Sombra demanded of me. "What exactly do you think you're doing, you indolent child!?"

"Protecting my friends, you pompous creep." I said, charging up another sheild spell. "Twilight, I know you didn't come down here without some kind of spell to get rid of him. I'll cover you while you do your thing."

Twilight nodded at me, then to her friends. Meanwhile I deflected bolt after bolt of Sombra's assult. Flat out blocking took too much power, and deflecting them was easier and faster. Sarah started picking ups chips of cristal and lobbing them at him from all different angles, flying all around him in effort to dodge his energy bolts. Behind me, Twilight and her friends began glowing, their jewelery lighting up like fireworks. Then a huge rainbow burst out from Twilight's headpiece, arching up and rapidly descending upon Sombra. He, in a final attempt to save himseld, launched an all out attack at the six, a huge lance of black energy.

I had run dry deflecting all the previous spells. They'd be hit, and Sombra would win, escape, at take over Equestria. So I did what any stupid, confused, guilty, fifteen year old guy would do.

I jumped in front of it.

Author's Note:

What wil become of our protagonist? Will Sombra finally be defeated? Does anyone even read this? Find out next time, on The Story of Ian Camron!