• Published 19th Apr 2013
  • 1,249 Views, 23 Comments

The Story of Ian Camron - Swordoath



Fifteen year old Ian Camron, an awkward guy with an unfortunate past, is unwillingly stuck in equestria and turned into an unstable unicorn. Surrounded by pony girls and comepletely out of his element, what does fate have in mind for him?

  • ...
9
 23
 1,249

Discord Helps

It had been an entire day since we'd left the hospital. Twilight and her other friends were all here at last, searching for Ian's missing horn. The guards had let us into the chamber, however reluctant, at the request of Celestia. I was incredibly surprised to find she held no grudge against her attempted assassin. She explained to me about why he acted like that. Something about Discord messing up his head with magic. Twilight and her friends understood better than I. I was too focused on recovering his horn to pay too much attention.

Four hours of searching and nothing had turned up other than some shards of crystal. Beautiful as they were, they were not what we sought. I was beginning to lose hope. we'd cleared most of the cavern. What if it had been taken, or if it had been crushed, or-

"Heeey! Over here!" Lyra called out. She waved something in the air with her magic. "I found it! I found the horn!"

"What?! Oh my God, thankyouthankyouthankyou!" I cheered, giving her a hug. I was so happy, I almost felt like crying. He would be saved. He'd make it.

"Ooh, what a nice little trinket!" a familiar voice said. Discord, in all his randomized being, materialized holding the horn in his paw. "Mind if I borrow it for a bit?"

"Discord! What do you think you're doing here?" Twilight scolded. "You tried to bring back Sombra!"

"Who, me? Nonono, I believe it was your 'friend' Ian, wasn't it?" He replied casually. "Besides, I did no harm."

"You kiddin' me? We all know you messed with his head!" AppleJack said.

"Upon his request!" The chaotic God defended.

"Are you serious?" I said in a low voice, glaring at him. "You want us to pin this on HIM?! If you so much as touched a hair on his head, so help me God, I will END YOU."

"Oh, please. I didn't touch the boy. He left on his own." Discord said.

"What do you mean 'he left?'" Pinkie asked, glaring at him like I did.

"You don't know yet? He ran away from the hospital. Last night, after you all left. He obviously couldn't deal with the consequences. I think I saw him get on- or rather, under a train heading for Appleoosa." Discord revealed, inspecting the horn with a jeweler's magnifying glass. "He wandered off into the canyons. In his condition, I doubt he'll last too long out there."

My eyes widened in dread. If what he said was true...

"Oh God! Discord, Give that back right now. We need to go after him!" I demanded.

"Oh, silly girl, don't worry. I'll take it too him." he consoled.

"Don't trust him! There's no way he'd do anything for us!" Rainbow advised.

"What? Of course I would. Cross my heart, I'll take it too him. And really, have I ever lied to you mares?" Discord said.

Going out to look for him ourselves would take at least a day to get to Appleoosa, and even longer to find him. He already has two days lead on us. Honestly, it would be stupid of me not to do so. Unless Discord had lied about him leaving the hospital.

I thought about it for a long time. It didn't feel all to long though.

"I... I'd like you to take the horn to him. And for god's sake, he better be okay when we find him, or it's your head."

"Wonderful! I'll see you girls later!" he said, vanishing with a shower of firework-like sparks.

I saw all the others staring at me. "... What? It's more likely he'll be able to find him in time than for us, even if we split up. Statistically, him knowing his exact location and being able to teleport there is a much safer option than us looking without a clue as to where in a shorter amount of time. It's... it's the best choice." I defended.

Twilight nodded. "Alright. We should still go and look for him anyway. He may have gotten lost. Let's go girls."

Why did I feel like they didn't trust me anymore? Was it something I said?

Author's Note:

Another chapter.
Yay.
F-B & C are good.