• Published 20th Nov 2011
  • 5,056 Views, 166 Comments

Facets and Flaws - Scarlett



Diamond Tiara is spoiled, Silver Spoon is sheltered, both have secrets, will friendship survive?

  • ...
2
 166
 5,056

Interlude: Diamond's Diary

June 24, Anno Imperatrix Geminum 12




Dear Diary,

I so totally fell asleep durnig the last entry, so where was I? Oh right- Lyra Heartstrings was playing in the dawn, and it was like such beuatiful music that I was tearing up, she like so totally dedicated it to the pony she loves (a mare, they were totally kissing!) and then she stopped and the sunrise was just awesome! It was so quiet and so peaceful.

So, like then everypony started drifting off in groups to go home, while the mayor got up on stage to thank everypony who had worked on the celerbation, but nobody was paying attention. Me and my friends (SQUEEE!) totally left without listening and took a bnuch of sweets with us to stash in the clubhouse.

As we walked back I noticed Scootaloo- she is the one who looks like a chicken- was like, totally nervous and snaeking glances at Sweetie Belle and I could tell she was crushing hard, which is sooo awesome, because Sweetie has had like a huge crush on her forever but cuoldn't ever seem to get the words out. I totally understand that, and I am sooo jealous cause they are so in love with each other, but Silver likes colts =(.

So anyway, we were walking down the street to Sweetie Belle's first, when I had like and awesome idea, Scootaloo was in the lead and Sweetie was close behind so I nudged Applebloom and Twist to slow down, and motioned that we should hide in the bushes. They were totally all alone on the porch steps, they looked around for us but we stayed qiuet and we could hear Scootaloo suddenly burst out with it "I LOVE YOU SWEETIE BELLE!" Sweetie was totally dumbstruck and just stood there blnking at Scootaloo. Scoots tunred red and totally ran away leaving Sweetie on the porch! It was so cute. I hope it all works out.

Oh so we were still huddled in the bushes and stuff and Sweetie was just kind of standing there, so Applebloom went over to make sure she was okay, and that was when I realized Twist was totally laening into me, and she smelled totally awesome, like, what is wrong with me? I was totally in love with Silver a few weeks ago, and Twist likes colts just like Silver. Why do I like the fillies who I don't even have a chance with?

So when she totally realized she was cuddlnig with me she pulled away quickly, and her eyes grew big (and way cute) and she whispered, "Colts only," but she was blushing so hard.

Totally mixed signals! She just wants to be friends, probably- Oh its soooo hard! I want to be friends too but I am totally starting to like her. So she took off, and I said goodbye to the other two. I told Sweetie Belle she should let Scoots know how she feels soon, cause she was going to be worrying until she did.

Then I went home and slept for like 12 hours! (I had to pee so bad when I woke up. =D )

So now its late afternoon and there is no way I can sleep til like after midnight, Mom says she tried to wake me up before but I wouldn't budge, maybe the other girls would be up for a slumber party?

Love,

Diamond Tiara

Comments ( 31 )

Tried to keep this readable, I'll probably go back with hex tags and make it a bit more colorful, but the automatic colors aren't pastel enough, I didn't want to give anypony eyestrain, and I want to go to sleep.

Also I tried to keep the dyslexia from being overly distracting for the reader while still being noticeable.

I will start and maybe even finish the next chapter tomorrow, keep your hooves crossed!:heart:

...... My eyes...... :twilightoops:

A slumber party could lead to all kinds of....... "mature" situations.

Do you find it hard when you're writing for Diamond Tiara, what with all the "like"s and "so"s? :moustache:

I'm keeping this teen, so I'm afraid some of you may be disappointed.

For those curious:

Writing for my version of Diamond Tiara involves gratuitous usage of valley girl slang, but the most difficult part is word choice. Diamond Tiara probably wouldn't use the word gratuitous for example.

When I am writing for Silver, I try to avoid contractions to emphasize her prim and proper upbringing, and the formulaic rules by which she lives.

Applebloom is a matter of defining the accent without leaving it unreadable garbage.

Scootaloo is easy, a mini Rainbow Dash, brash and confident, but hiding a soft interior.

Sweetie Belle as I am writing her talks much less than the Sweetie in the show, They aren't mutually exclusive, but Sweetie tends to be in the background of my story, most of her actions and really in depth character development, has been off-stage so to speak. With so much going on, and so many characters demanding attention, I have probably found her the most difficult to write for. My version is a bit ditzier than she has seemed lately as well, but true to my first impression of her in season 1.

Writing Scarlett, the toughest thing is keeping her in the background where she belongs, she is an important part of the story, but Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon are the main characters, and I'm trying hard to keep it that way while still telling everypony's story and giving glimpses into the lives of other familiar faces.

That is enough for now, hope you enjoyed a bit of insight into my process. Sorry if you were bored to tears.

Yay new update! to bad it is only 500 words...

Good thing I visited the Liquor store!

I really like this! It's a good insight into Diamond Tiara's thoughts, and the stream-of-consciousness style works really well, I think. I like the colours, too. It also does well at summarizing some of the night's events, and setting up for what happens next.

Oh god Scootaloo finally did it. XD I like where this is going.

My Vodka sense tells me that Diamond might be developing a crush on Twist, or perhaps vice-versa.

Kind of mixed on this...
I was putting off reading it, but I had heard good things about it, so I eventually caved and read it.
And now I am stuck impatiently waiting for an update, and this does not seem to update very quickly.....

I'm stuck in a foreign country for work. Sorry. I was able to update fairly regularly when I first arrived, but I have been swamped ever since.

On the brightside you just gave my muse a kick in the tushie and made me want to write.

I'm 1000 words in, I was lost for awhile but I know where I'm headed again. I'm working 10 or more hours a day without weekends off currently, but another month and I'll be home, I think I'm going to take a month long vacation after all this- from work, not writing.

In the future for any long stories I'll make sure to build up a buffer before I begin posting for more regular updates, but on this one, you'll just have to take them as I write them I'm afraid.

I have time off coming up in may, until then its not looking good.

Good to know its not dead. I don't mind long waits, but it is always nice for an author to show himself or herself is still around.

Again thank you all for your eyes, and your patience, I've returned to the US and will get to work once I have settled in.

Fixed a couple of typos pointed out by Shutaro, TYVM. Also yes I am still planning to write more, and no I don't know when, still getting my apartment finished up. Hope you will all keep reading.

Is this dead? Sorry if I am a bit rude but I just want to know.

Is there anything wrong? This hasn't updated since March, and you've never explicitly stated that Scarlett is clearly a guy. dl.dropbox.com/u/31471793/FiMFiction/emoticons/misc_RageFace.png

Now where is that update. I hope its not death :pinkiegasp:. I want moar:raritydespair:

I do hope this story returns. I very much like the way it is written and how diamond is/was the one with the crush on silver, rather than the other way around like every single other Silver Spoon Diamond Tiara story. Please keep writing. This is definitely my favorite story on the site currently.

I just read the whole thing and it hasn't been updated since last year. Does that mean this story isn't going to be finished?
Aw man, right when I get interested in how things will go :raritydespair:

Are you ever planning on continuing this story? Cause it is wonderful and I really want to know how it all works out

I love this story, it's so different from everything else that I have read on this site. :heart: I know the probability of this ever being finished is pretty slim, but I think I'll always keep hoping to see an update show up out of the blue. :pinkiesmile:

I will say this, I adore the way you write Silver Spoon, it's just right! Not overly sexualized or overly intelligent for her age as most people seem to write her, she's just so REAL. Also, as someone who doesn't care much for oc's of any kind, I have to say that I think Scarlett is a wonderful character all around!! I will really enjoy seeing more of her and Silver Spoon's interactions in the future, whether it is as friends or something more!:twilightsmile:

Greetings- I'm so glad to see that a few people have found and appreciated my work so long after I began writing it, since I began, much has changed for me personally.

I was in the U.S. Military as I began to write this, and being transgender, was unable to transition. I wrote this story to examine some of my thoughts and feelings surrounding my identity and childhood. Having been bullied rather horribly in the past, I find it strange how drawn I am to the "mean girls" of this series, but I sense a lot of hurt there.

I have now been a civilian for approximately 2 years. In this time I have been happily living as my true self and going to college.

This story was mostly discontinued after my time in Afghanistan, but I feel like I am ready to begin again, and I plan to revise this story and publish an update by the end of the week.

5162216 I'm so glad to hear that you might start updating this again! This was the first story I'd ever read where I saw someone like myself (trans) represented, and I can't wait to see where it goes. I'm actually rereading it now because it's been so long and remembering why I loved this story. ^_^

Thank you Flutterknight,

Going a bit slow as I haven't had it in me to finish season 4 yet. (School has left me drained)

Going to make another effort to finish that part up tonight, so I can get back to writing.

5303012 I just want to say that I found this to be a very sweet story. It was posted to one of my groups, and I submitted it to another after only a couple chapters.

I am happy to read that you plan to continue, and hope that you get even more eager readers with your next update.

5162216

I'm very glad to see you back and posting comments again! :pinkiehappy: When I saw that you were last on seventeen weeks ago instead of a hundred some weeks ago, I was floored! Hope for one of my favorite fanfics has been renewed! That, and I'm glad that you're ok. When I saw from your last blog post that you were in an "underdeveloped" nation and the fact that you hadn't signed on in a few years, I was a little worried (a little strange, I know, since I've never even met you). Not all nations are welcoming to LGBT people or even people who support such beliefs. Just glad to see all is well and that you're living a happy life! :twilightsmile:

I was just looking around for a story to read when I found this and I have to say ....... WOW SO GOOD! :pinkiegasp: I just love this story and hope you wil come back to finish it some day.

5303012
Glad to hear on both counts that you're moving forward. It's nice to live as your true self isn't it? Here's hoping you continue. This story is really sweet, and it'd be almost tragic to leave it unfinished. Best of luck!

well at least it looks like Scoots and Sweets will at least find happiness.:twilightblush:

can't wait to read more. I hope Silver and Diamond work it out.:twilightsmile:

this seems like a pretty adequate ending for a dead story. sad to see that the author ain't around anymore.

Login or register to comment