• Published 4th Apr 2013
  • 1,217 Views, 36 Comments

The Origin of a Legacy - QuiteNiceDynamite

  • ...
1
 36
 1,217

A walk while recollecting

Luna and Celestia walked through the ruined streets of Canterlot with the moon and stars just about lighting their way.

“So how many ponies do you think will go to this meeting?” Luna asked her sister.

“Probably none, knowing how these ponies can’t stand the sight of dirt, never mind an evil genius, nopony in Canterlot is strong enough to stand up to Discord, especially with the Royal Guard gone.” Celestia pointed out.

“What do you mean, Tia?” Luna questioned. “What about Raider?”

“I don’t think he’s even alive. It's probably somepony posing as him to get ponies to turn up. You saw what Discord did to those in the castle; I’d be surprised if any of the Guards are still alive.” Celestia said sadly.

“Well...the Captain? He is the best of the best.” Luna pointed out.

“Nopony has heard from him since the attack, he’s probably a pile of ash by now.” Celestia said sadly.

“Can we talk about something else?” Celestia asked.

“Yes, it’s not exactly a cheery subject is it?” replied Luna.


They continued to walk past the ruined shops and restaurants with smashed windows and flipped tables. Only five short months ago the streets were bustling with shoppers and the streets would hum with the sound of general conversation and laughter, everypony in Canterlot was happy (except Luna), but now that had changed, many of those ponies were now gone forever.

The two sisters were trotting around the massive Labyrinth when an shooting star flew overhead causing the two alicorns to look up at the sky.

“I bet you’re loving this aren’t you?” Asked a grinning Celestia.

Luna looked puzzled. “Why would I like any of this?” She wondered.

“I mean the weather.” Celestia pointed out.

“Oh, okay.” Luna said with a chuckle.

“I mean, it’s always night time now, you and Discord could be best friends with the way he always keeps it dark.” Celestia said.

“I would never be friends with a monster like that. Look at all the suffering he’s caused!” Luna shouted loudly.

“Luna, I was joking.”

“I-I know.” Luna lied while pulling a face.


“Tia?” Luna tried to grab Celestias’ attention after a while of silent walking.

“Yes?” Celestia replied.

While looking at the sky, Luna asked. “Do you remember when you said something about me not being able to control the moon?”

“On the day you ran to the forest, yes.” Celestia answered.

She would always remember that day when Luna started acting properly again and wasn’t depressed, she’d always remember the warm feeling she’d get inside and she would start to cry with happiness when she knew Luna still loved her.

“Well, how would you know that I couldn’t do that? My cutie mark is a moon, and I’ve never seen anyone with a moon cutie mark. I mean, look at yourself as well; you have a sun cutie mark. And we’re both alicorns, nopony else our age is, maybe we will have to work together to bring around day and ni-” Luna let out a little squeal as she collided face first with the rear door of the art gallery.

Celestia tried to hide a smile but couldn’t help but laugh at her sister's foolishness.
Hahaha! That’s what you get for not paying attention to where you’re walking and making up silly dreams!” Celesta howled with delight.

“Tia…” Luna mumbled sadly as she started to tear up.

“Aww, come on Luna, I’m just having fun.” She embraced her younger sibling to show that she was purely joking.

“Right, come on, we’re here now, get serious, don’t say anything Luna, and just listen to what they propose.”

And with that, the two young mares entered the art gallery.


The art gallery hadn’t changed much since Discord arrived, it was closed for the weekend on the day he arrived and it is located around the back of the Labyrinth, so out of the way of the death and destruction of that horrible day. Patches of damp had started to appear, but it was basically the same it always had been. The two sisters nervously sneaked around several corners to try and find where to go.

“Where are they?” Luna whispered almost silently.

“I don’t know.” Celestia replied.

“Did you hear that?” Said the gruff, muffled voice from around the corner.

“Yeah, I heard hoof-steps.” Muttered a second, even deeper voice.

“Damn, somepony's heard us. Luna, don’t turn your back, we don’t know who this is.” Celestia said desperately.

“Be ready to fight.”

A switch flicked inside Luna, she knew that she might be in danger. She knew that she might have to fight.
Luna felt different in this situation, physically stronger, with superior magic.
As Luna waited for her enemy or enemies to come around the corner, she wasn’t scared, she was excited, ready to fight.

Ready to kill.

She knew that Discord could adopt disguises, and she wouldn’t hang back unless she recognised the pony that would appear in mere seconds.

Beads of perspiration slid down her skin in anticipation.

The shadows on the walls crept closer.

“Oh, hey girls, it-” That was as far as Cirrus got before Luna unleashed an intense, black ray of magic at his head. Luckily he ducked and the ray smashed through the wall behind him.
Cirrus was frozen to the spot, his eyes wide open, jaw hanging down. Luna looked from him to Celestia, who also had a similar expression on her face.

“Um…I’m, sorry?” Said Luna innocently while she shrugged.

While Luna and Cirrus remained shocked by the dark magic Luna had just unleashed, a second stallion walked around the corner, but he wasn’t any ordinary stallion. He wore a glistening golden suit of armour and a helmet.

“Hey kid, you’re exactly what we’re lookin’ for.” The soldier proclaimed, grinning happily.

“Raider?” asked Luna.

“Reporting for duty.” He said with a confident smile.

“Come on in, we’re starting.” Raider said as he ushered the two alicorns and the still shaking Cirrus into the meeting room.


Celestia and Luna entered the dark room, lit only by a flame lamp placed in the middle of a mahogany table in the centre of the room, surrounded by seven chairs. Three injured members of the Royal Guard sat on their chairs. Raider took his place at the head of the table and the recovering Cirrus sat next to him.

“Well, why don’t we begin?” Raider suggested.

“Is nopony else coming?” Celestia asked.

“Not that we know of, we’re surprised that anyone turned up, I know I wouldn’t, if it wasn’t my job. But that has helped to make this meeting a lot easier.” Looking at the three wounded soldiers, Raider continued;

“These three aren’t fit for active duty so we needed at least four ponies to turn up, preferably two Pegasi and two Unicorns, but now we’ve got me, a Pegasus and two Alicorns. So again, thanks for turning up, or we really would’ve been screwed.” Raider explained.

“Cirrus, are you coming?” Luna asked, shocked that the quiet, older baker would be joining them.

“I sure am, I couldn’t sit around knowing that Discord was ruling over me, and anyways, I still got a bit of fight left in me. "

"Also...I have a plan.”