• Published 4th Feb 2012
  • 2,766 Views, 699 Comments

Shoot For The Stars - Burritoburger



Stargazer is a normal pony that is trying to live out his normal life, with hilarity and uests.

  • ...
10
 699
 2,766

Preparations

Chapter 24: Preparations

I knocked on the door of Muffin's house, on top of a steep hill.
"What's up Stargazer?" He greeted.
"Draco invited me to go on a sort of 'adventure' and he wanted all of us to join." I said.
"Count me in. I'll get stuff ready, and train for any sort of fight." He said.
"Alright, meet up at my house in a week." I replied, and walked away. I said the same thing for Bumble and Lightning, and they both agreed. So I told Derpy about the news, and I also told Bedrock. Derpy was sad to see me go, but wasn't that sad. Afterwords, I realized I didn't have any weapons of any kind. I looked around Ponyville to find any weapons store, but because it is really peaceful, there wasn't any store of that kind. Later, I went to Draco's house, which was in the outskirts of Ponyville.
"We need weapons. Where can we find some?" I asked. He scratched his chin, thinking.
"Uh, if we go to the royal guards, they might have a Blacksmith." He said.
"Wanna get everybody else and see if we can find one?" I asked.
"Sure." He replied. We gathered everyone and flew to Canterlot, where we had permission to talk with Princess Celestia.
"You want weapons? Why?" She asked.
"Well..." I was talking with my consciousnesses while Draco explained what was going on.
Are you guys sure about this?
(Hell yeah! Let's kick some dragon ass!)
[I don't really know, I don't like getting into fights...]
<I'm always up for a challenge!>
{I don't want to, but if we must.}
What if something bad happens?
{True, we don't have anyone trained in medical procedures in our group.}
(Who cares? Nothing bad is gonna happen.)
[It's not always good to use brute force, Anger.]
<Where are we going to find one?>
Don't ask me, this is Draco's adventure.
"...Alright. I will allow you to make weapons in the local Blacksmith's shop. Afterwards, you may keep the weapons." She said.
"Why are you helping us?" Bumble asked.
"Draco's father ans I have a bit of a... score to settle. I believe the only way to convince him to make peace is by, well, not making peace at all. This has to end, and we have kept this secret from Equestria for decades. If you can stop him, I will forever be in your debt." She explained.
"Thank you, your highness. Where do we find the Blacksmith's shop?" Draco asked.
"Northeast from here, in the Royal Guard Training Grounds." She said.
"However, do not tell anypony about your mission. As soon as the word spreads, there will be a massive attack from us, and we won't be prepared. You five, however, seem to know what you are doing. Other than most ponies I know." She said. I chuckled.
"Thanks. We should be back in..." I looked at Draco.
"About a month." He finished. We walked out of the palace and headed for the Royal Guard Training Grounds.
"So, who does what?" Bumble asked.
"Well, that is for us to decide. We all know that Lightning is good with brute force. If we are ever in a sticky situation, Lightning would be our first priority. We need somepony light on their hooves, however. Somepony sneaky." He said.
"How about Stargazer?" Bumble asked. We all turned to him.
"There was a party for him, and before it even started, he snuck in without anypony seeing him." Bumble explained.
"Okay, Stargazer, you are the assassin." Draco said. I nodded.
(Sweet!)
Not sweet. I don't know how to assassinate!
{We might just learn by instinct.}
"What is Muffin going to be?" I asked.
"Demolition!" He suggested.
"Okay, what about Bumble?" Lightning asked.
"I work good with a bow." He said.
"Okay, you're the sniper." Draco said.
"Now, what will I be?" He asked
"Leader." We all said at the same time.
"What kind of leader?" He asked.
"One that leads." Muffin said.
"Alright, now we need weapons." Draco said as we appeared at the front gate of the Royal Guard Training Grounds. We opened it and looked around. There were buildings, arenas, armories, and we finally saw the Blacksmith's shop. We walked in to find a grey pony with a black and white striped mane and tail. He inspected us and frowned.
"You don't look like royal guards." He said.
"Yes, however, the princess gave us permission to have our own weapons made." Draco replied. His eyes narrowed.
"For what purpose?" He asked. Draco looked stumped.
"Uh..." He started.
"We are main targets of outlaws that want to kill us, and the princess wanted us to protect ourselves." Muffin said. His eyes narrowed even more.
"Well, alright. My name's Greyhound. I have a wide assortment of weapons and armor for you." He said.
"What will it be?" He asked.
"Well, let us introduce ourselves. This is Stargazer." Draco pointed to me.
"Sup?" I said.
"This is..." He introduced everpony else, and I looked around the room. It was almost like a small house, except there were tons of weapons and armor hung on the walls. There was a forging center, were the weapons were made, and a storage area, were weapons were stored.
(This should be where I live.)
{Yes, it does seem to fit your personality.}
<Eh, bit sketchy.>
[I hate this place. Who would want this many weapons here?]
It's a Blacksmith's shop. What did you expect?
"Well, what do you need?" Greyhound asked.
"Yes, Stargazer would like..." He looked towards me.
"Two daggers." I responded, snapping back into reality.
"What size?" He asked.
"An assassin's dagger." I replied. He took out what seemed to be a piece of paper and a quill and wrote it down.
"Lightning Streak?" He asked, looking up.
"Greatsword." He said. Greyhound wrote it down on the paper.
"Bumble?" He asked.
"Bow and arrows." He said, and Greyhound looked up.
"Doesn't that seem like a terrible weapon choice against somepony that might try to kill you up close?" He asked, and Bumble shrugged.
"You never know." Bumble said. Greyhound narrowed his eyes, but wrote it down.
"Uh...Muffin?" He asked.
"Hm...Actually, I'm a demolition pony, so I don't really need a weapon." He said.
"Demolition? What you're going to blow up your house when somepony tries to kill you?" He asked. Muffin smiled.
"Blow em' sky high." He said. Greyhound sighed.
"How about a regular sword?" I suggested.
"Yeah, I'm okay with that." Muffin said, and Greyhound wrote it down.
"Draco?" He asked.
"Hm... how about a mace?" He asked. Greyhound wrote it down.
"Alright, come back here tomorrow and they should be done." He said.
"Thanks." Draco said, and we walked out of the door.
"Alright. We need a medic in case things get messy." Muffin said.
"Let's all search. We will meet up at Ponyville square when the sun is just setting. Search!" Draco said, and we all flew in different directions.

I flew east, hoping to find some kind of medic. I asked around everywhere, but to no avail. I was about to give up when I heard somepony behind me.
"I heard you're looking for a medic." I turned around to see a white mare with a red and dark red striped mane and tail.
Wow. She looks a lot like Muffin.
(Fucking twins, I tell you.)
"I think I can help." She said.
"What's your name?" I asked.
"Ruby." She said. "I've done medical training, but everypony always turns me down because I am more of a combat medic." She said.
"My name is Stargazer, nice to meet you." I said, and shook her hoof. It was quite a long time since we started, and I looked at the sun. It was just starting to set.
"Okay, we need to get to my friends, quickly." I said.
"Alright. Lead the way." She said. We ran as fast as we could, because Ruby didn't have wings, but a horn instead. I found everypony hanging at the fountain in Ponyville square, all looking defeated. They saw me and Ruby coming thier way, and instantly perked up.
"These are my friends, Draco, Lightning Streak, Bumble, and Muffin. Muffin?" I stopped when Muffin was the only one that didn't greet himself, while all of the others said things like "What's up." Instead, Muffin was frozen, staring at Ruby. I looked over to Ruby and she was doing the same.
"Uh, guys." I walked in front of them, and they shook their heads, snapping back into reality. Draco looked just about done.
"Okay, it's been an exhausting day, we should get some rest. The sun is going down, after all." Draco said. Ruby looked down, almost saddened.
"I don't have a home. I can't afford one, and my parents are dead." She said.
Wow. Just wow. How many ponies are we going to meet that don't have parents?
{Including ourselves?}
(Lots of stuff happens these days.)
"Well, you are always welcome to stay at my house, I have a spare bedroom you could use." I suggested. Ruby smiled.
"Yeah, but I wanted to stay with Muffin. Is that alright?" She asked.
"Oh hell yes! I mean, that would be great." He said.
(Ooooh, somethings going down!)
We all walked to our houses, for a good night sleep.

Muffin's point of view

I walked in my room and crawled into my bed. The constant beating of rain against the window was very relaxing. I got to know Ruby on the way home. Damn, she is hot. I slapped myself in the face. What am I thinking? She's just going to be our medic for the mission, that's all. There was a flash of lightning and a loud boom outside. Then \, there was a knock on the door.
"Hello? Muffin?" Ruby said.
"Come in." I called. She cracked the door open.
"I know that you have a guest room, but, I'm a bit scared of thunder storms." She said. "Can I sleep with you?" Screw what I said before.
"Sure." She smiled and walked in, and climbed into bed.
"Goodnight." I said, and turned off the lights. I looked over and waited. The lightning flashed, and a boom was heard. She didn't even flinch. I chuckled and drifted to sleep.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Yes ultrasponge, I just did take your OC and ship it with another.
This is what Ruby looks like:

This is what Greyhound looks like:

RPT!