• Published 2nd Feb 2012
  • 1,624 Views, 12 Comments

A Pony for a Day - phillipphoenix



What would you do, if you woke up on a grassy patch, noticing that you had become a pony?

  • ...
3
 12
 1,624

By her bed

I sat next to her bed. Fluttershy wasn’t awake. She had a broken wing, a concussion and was in coma. A doctor had been past to check on her and the conclusion was rest, rest and more rest. Fluttershy just had to rest until she woke up by herself. Because of that, the doctor had let Fluttershy stay at Twilight’s house instead of the hospital. He would come by from time to time to check on her.

I sat next to her bed. Just waiting. The chance of her waking up soon was almost non-existing, but I didn’t stray from her side as long as she might just wake up. The hope kept me in place. My feelings were mixed. A stew of anger, sadness and also a bit of happiness, because her being found, even though that was quickly replaced by concern. Even though I had already shed many tears since I came to Equestria, she had made me feel at home and helped me through a hard time.

I sat next to her bed. Being there for her, in case that she would wake up. I didn’t want her to wake up alone. I wanted to be there for her, when she got better. Fluttershy had made me breakfast, helped me learn to eat, draw and write with hooves. She had helped me up and down the stairs, helped me with almost everything since I couldn’t myself and also because I had landed in a strange world. Everything was new and different.

I just sat there next to her bed. If she woke up, I would sit there, smiling while crying happy tears of her waking and I would greet her welcome back, make her breakfast, help her do her groceries, carry her things and almost everything. Twilight had asked many times, if it weren’t better if I came out into the kitchen to eat with her and Spike instead of sitting alone in the dimly lit room, where Fluttershy lay in bed, but I wouldn’t. Also I wasn’t hungry. I ate a little of what Twilight or Spike brought me. They often gave me a sad look. Especially Twilight, since she could really see my sorrow and anger.

I sat there next to her bed. I hadn’t been able to do anything to save her. I was still not fully healed myself even though I was better now. But I didn’t get the chance to go out help them search for her. I had just been sitting around doing nothing. I angered me, that I hadn’t insisted in coming along, or just going out myself. I could more easily had forgiven myself, if I had just given my best, but I hadn’t. Twilight also had a saying in this, and she did point out to me, that they could go faster without me, because of my injuries, but still.

I just sat there day in and day out. Just sitting next to Fluttershy’s bed having sad feelings. One thing though, that kept me going. Kept me at her side always was hope. Hope that she wasn’t hurt. Hope that she would soon wake up. Hope that she would feel better after resting and hope that she would let me repay my debt by helping her out as much as I could. I hoped... really hoped that she would soon open her lovely eyes, look at me and tell me... “I’m alright...”.


Authors note:

I know this is a really short chapter, but I needed some time to think about how to go forth with the story. (Suggestions are welcome), and at the same time, it had been some time, since last update, so I wrote this, which I think really fits in a poetic sort of way.

Till next update!