• Published 2nd Feb 2012
  • 1,624 Views, 12 Comments

A Pony for a Day - phillipphoenix



What would you do, if you woke up on a grassy patch, noticing that you had become a pony?

  • ...
3
 12
 1,624

The oncoming storm

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

Hi everypony! I'm sorry it's been such a long time. The problem is, that my pre-reader is having very little time and when he actually has the time, I don't. This obviously makes a problem, so the thing is:

Are there someone here, who would like to become a pre-reader for me?
I still think I could get A LOT BETTER at writing fan fiction and would like the help I can get.

Also, if anyone knows somewhere, you can actually get in touch with someone, who might like to be a pre-reader, it would be awesome! I still haven't found an actual place for chatting, like a forum or anything, which relates to stories.

Thanks everyone!


Fluttershy suddenly opened her eyes. She looked around noticing what would look like a hospital, but awkward in scale. She looked towards single bed, which filled most of the room and gasped. In the bed lay a creature, she didn’t recognize. It had several broken limbs and didn’t seem particularly alive. At the side of the bed resided a sign - much like there would in the hospital in Ponyville - telling the name and illness of the patient. Fluttershy let out a squeak as she noticed the name. That couldn’t be true, how could it? It was impossible.

Footsteps became louder and louder from outside the door and it went open. Fluttershy screamed at the three entering creatures, not knowing what they would do or how they would react. She cramped up against the wall and closed her eyes waiting for the inevitable. But nothing happened. She opened one eye, looking through her pink mane. They hadn’t noticed her. How could they not have noticed her. She was a yellow pony with pink hair in a small grey room. She was the most flashy thing in the room. She then concluded they couldn’t see or hear her.

Fluttershy went out of hiding from behind her mane and looked at the creatures. They seemed very sad and one of them indeed shed a tear. Fluttershy felt sad too. Really sad in fact. She knew who lay in the bed. Then she also felt a tear roll from her eye and down her cheek, starting to cry.

“Phillip, Phillip, Phillip... What have you gotten yourself into?” One of the creatures asked himself with a low sad voice.

“He sure isn’t looking well...” another said, “Let’s just hope he’ll get better soon.

The three creatures then stood in silence and just explored Phillip’s broken body. Tears started to fall from their eyes and the longer they stood there, the bigger the tears. After a few minutes one of them left, drying his face with his arm. The two others looked confused at each other and looked at the sign on the bed.

“Phillip P.
Concussion, broken limbs, damaged intestines.
Health state: Decreasing”

They both looked up at Phillip and made a gesture towards him in some sort of greeting and “hope you get better soon”-gesture, before they both trailed of out the door.

Fluttershy collapsed at the floor, her eyes filled with tears. She didn’t want him to pass away. She had become his friend, nurtured him in his time of need, but this she couldn’t help him with. Only the humans could help him now. She wished for that they could hear her, so that she could reach out for help, but she was helpless on the cold hospital floor.

The thing was, she really liked Phillip. Maybe she liked liked him. She didn’t really know. She hadn’t had feelings for anypony before, so she didn’t know. But she knew that he was really important to her.


Back in Ponyville I was still worried for Fluttershy. I had been with her in her room for almost a week and no sign of her getting better. She just slept away. Or that was the way I told myself to calm down. Sleeping didn’t sound as bad as being in coma.

“How are you Phillip? Do you want to take a walk with me?” Twilight asked, “You would benefit of some fresh air.”

“I’ll think I’ll pass...” I said with a low voice.

“I really think you should come out of there.” She said, “I really know you want to be there for her, but you also need to tend to yourself.”

“Alright... But can it wait for just... a few more minutes?”

“Sure. Also I’ve heard from the investigation team. They maybe found a trail and they would come straight to us, if they found something. See you by the entrance in a moment.”

“Thanks”.

When other ponies heard of Fluttershy’s incident, the Ponyville counsel dispatched an investigation team to investigate the place Fluttershy was found to find clues about the creature and perhaps why it had taken a pony. I had been glad to hear, that they did something to find the aggressor, but at the time, the officials of Ponyville had a lot to see to. Ponies in Ponyville had become frightened. Not only because of the one pony being taken, but several animals had gone missing too... and some carrots from Carrot Top’s garden. Nobody knew who had done it, and nopony expected it to be petty theft from a pony, since thefts almost never happened in Ponyville and the animals wouldn’t just have disappeared.

“You ready!?” Twilight shouted.

“I’m coming!” I yelled back.

I stood up an looked at Fluttershy.

“I really like you” I wispered.

I threw her a little smile, before walking towards the tree house entrance. I looked back towards the room a last time before Twilight and I walked outside. Spike stayed at home. He had some stuff to do, which mainly consisted of clearing Twilight’s mess. She had been searching through the whole library to find information on the black creature.

Outside The weather was great. The sun was shining bright, the flowers seemed to blossom while gently moving in the wind. It was actually good to come outside. Twilight was right. I had needed some fresh air. I thought about how nice it could have been, if just Fluttershy could have been with us. We could sit in the shade of a tree enjoying a nice punch. But she wasn’t with us. My head dropped and I looked at the ground beneath my hooves, while walking slowly next to Twilight. I could walk all by myself now, which was great. Even though I would still exchange that for Fluttershy being awake. I missed her.

“You think of Fluttershy don’t you?” Twilight asked.

“Yes... I can’t really help myself...” I returned.

“You like her don’t you? Like like her?” She asked with a grin on her face..

“I don’t really know... I guess so.” I smiled a little.

“Ah a smile. It’s been a while since I saw you smile.”

“I haven’t really had anything to smile about,” I said.

“That might be true,” She answered.

We walked some moments in silence. A basket hovered next to Twilight. I hadn’t noticed it before now. It probably held our lunch.

“I really needed to come outside a bit after searching through the whole library,” Twilight said.

“Thanks for dragging me out too. I guess I needed that.” I soaked up the fresh air.

“My pleasure. Isn’t that what friends do?”

I hadn’t really thought of that yet. Twilight thought of me as a friend. Thinking back, this would have been huge. Becoming friends with Twilight Sparkle from My Little Pony. It was still nice, but spending so much time here and also experiencing all these things had set my mind on other things. The it suddenly occured to me.

“How are you Twilight?” I asked.

“Fine... How do you mean?”

“I mean about Fluttershy and all. I now see that I might have been quite selfish just shutting everyone else out of my mind, while she is a really good friend to you too.”

“I feel sad and regret that we didn’t get to save her earlier,” Twilight said, “I just hope, she’ll be fine. But then again, why shouldn’t she? The doctor comes past every day, and she has her animals to care for, her friends to see and you to wake up to.”

Twilight giggled at her own last comment.

“Why are you giggling?” I asked.

“It’s just, I have never thought of some of my friends liking somepony else, except maybe Rarity, but of all ponies Fluttershy? Maybe it’s just because I’ve never liked somepony myself. I’m just so excited.”

Twilight almost couldn’t get her smile off her face. It made me laugh. She was just like girls are, when they first experience somepony they know liking somepony else i guess. Under the circumstances it seemed like it would be a rather nice day. I felt happier again. Still my thoughts and hopes went to Fluttershy in Twilight’s tree house. But at the moment I couldn’t do anything for her and I needed some time away to get a grip of life again. Also Twilight seemed to return to her natural hopeful, naive and happy mood, which always seemed to spread around.

Twilight and I had found ourselves a nice quiet spot in the sun and put out our blanket. The dishes stood nicely on each side with fork and knife on either side. Twilight had made us some tulip sandwiches and a hay-and-apple pie for dessert.

“This is delicious Twilight!” I said. “Or should I say Twilightlicious?” I added and laughed at my own little joke.

Twilight giggled at the funny word too.

“You made that up yourself?” She asked.

“Erh... eeyup!” I said.

At first I doubted, but then i agreed, because it would be to complicated to explain her about the show and I didn’t want to go into an awkward discussion. We sat down and started eating the delicious sandwiches.

“You ate the whole sandwich!” Twilight noted and looked shocked at me, “it’s more than you ate yesterday ALL DAY!”

“I know, but the fresh air has cleared my head and returned my appetite.”

“Oh well. You want some apple pie?”

“Yes please. It looks delicious”

“Or should you say Twilightlicious?” Twilight laughed.

We laughed for some time taking a piece of pie each. We talked a lot about what had happened since I arrived. Everything had gone so fast. Thinking about it just made me feel like I arrived yesterday, but then again I had made good friends and fallen in love. Or at least I think so. That is somewhat an achievement in my book.

“I especially think it is an achievement, since our time also was consumed by all these strange things happening.” I said to Twilight, “For instance the clouds moving by themselves...”

I pointed at the sky at some clouds, that seemed to come closer and get bigger and spread out. Twilight looked and gasped.

“The clouds are moving! How is that possible here in Ponyville?”

“I don’t know. I live in a world, where clouds DO move by themselves all the time.” I noted.

The clouds moved closer and for each second they turned more and more black, until when they filled the sky above Ponyville and lightning emerged. The sky suddenly lightened up and a few seconds later the thunder came rolling across the park.

“Let’s pack up and hurry home Twilight! I really really don’t like lightning!” I shouted over the thunder.
“I think you have a point there!”

We packed up as fast as possible and ran across the park towards the exit. The rain started to fall... heavily. We were soaked in a matter of seconds. At the exit the pain hit me. I had stretched one of my healing muscles. It ached and hurt so much that I instantly fell to the ground. Twilight turned and looked back at me with big eyes.

“Are you alright Phillip?!”

“Not really. I think I stretched one of my still healing muscles. It really hurts.”

Twilight looked around with a nervous look, trying to find help. Nopony was to be seen in any distance. Everyone had gone inside because of the oncoming storm. I tried hard to raise myself or just crawl, but nothing helped. My back legs just didn’t want to move an inch. Twilight looked back and me and I saw on her face that she made a decision. The picninc basket was put on the ground against a wall and she levitated me with her magic. I had some weight behind me, so it wasn’t the most easy task to lift me, but we slowly progressed towards the tree house.

A lightning struck nearby and the lightning and thunder startled both Twilight and me alike. She dropped me in the mud and started to excuse. After some excuses she took hold of me with her magic again and continued her lift. We were almost at the entrance, when Twilight was thrown to the ground by something hitting her and I fell into the mud once more. Rising from the ground I saw Rainbow Dash, who had crash landed into Twilight and knocked her over. She wore some kind of tight rubber body suit, probably to be safe working with lightning, but it had a hole in it with some burn marks around it.

“Oh I’m so sorry Twilight, but I got struck by lightning and crashed.” She said to Twilight.

She tried to help Twilight out of the mud, but Twilight fell straight to the ground again. She had broken one of her back legs.

“I think my back leg is broken, Dashy...” she said.

“I’m so sorry, Twilight, I didn’t mean to crash into you, but the weather is out of control!” Rainbow answered.

“Your wing doesn’t look too fine either.” I said to Rainbow.

“Arrgh darn it. It’s probably broken... AGAIN!”

Rainbow looked at her wing exploring it with sad eyes, but snapped out of it because of another thunderclap. She looked at both of us lying on the ground and seemed to panic.

“What to do, what to do?!?”

“Get us inside the tree hou.s...” Twilight said, before passing out.

Rainbow went towards me, trying to drag me inside, but I said to her to go help Twilight first.
While Rainbow Dash slowly, but sturdy dragged Twilight towards the entrance, trying to be gentle, I tried to get up again. I collapsed, but managed to slowly crawl through the mud. Spike had noticed us through the window and had helped Rainbow get Twilight inside and they came back and pulled me inside too.

The hallway was now full of mud and water, while Twilight and I lay on the floor. Spike hurried into the kitchen to get something to clean us up with. He looked nervous towards Twilight and shook her, to wake her up.

“Twilight! TWILIGHT!” He shouted with tears coming from his eyes.

“She passed out outside... I accidentally hit her during a crash landing...” Rainbow said, while putting her head down.

The lightning storm grew evermore weary as time passed by. Lightning often stroke nearby with strike points viewable from the windows. I was terrified. If I was scared of anything it was lightning. It had been a bad childhood memory, which had followed me all the way until now and I still really really didn’t like lightning and thunder.

I managed myself unto the couch in the living room, while Rainbow and Spike laid Twilight in bed careful not to touch the broken leg.

Rainbow came back down and sat in the couch next to me. She looked at her wing with a face of Oh-no-not-that-again. She touched her wing slightly and itched as pain went through her body. She then looked at me.

“I don’t think that we’ve actually introduced us to one another. My name is Rainbow Dash. I’m the fastest flier and one of Twilight’s good friends... Or at least I hope so after that crash landing.”

“I’m Phillip. We met shortly, when you came to visit Flutters...”

I stopped myself there. I gasped and tried to get onto my feet. It was really hard, but I managed to slowly turn and with a lot of pain to walk towards the door to Fluttershy’s room. Rainbow looked weird at me, but followed me into the dark room. It was pitch black except what light came from the door. You could see Fluttershy’s bed from the doorway and you could easily...

“What?!? She’s gone?” I shouted.
“I’m here...” A voice groaned from behind the bed. A cough was released from the same direction.

I humped towards the bed and noticed Fluttershy awake behind it. I went around the bed and lay down and hugged her. The tears fell from my eyes, as she returned the gesture, with the exception of adding a kiss on my cheek. She was finally awake. The tears shed was happy tears.

From the other side of the bed we suddenly heard laughter.

“Hahaha! Fluttershy has found herself a special somepony!” Rainbow Dash uttered between her outbreaks of laughter.

We didn’t care. Fluttershy held me tight, while tears also flowed alongside her cheeks and dropped to the floor. None of us did release the other until some moment later, where Rainbow had finished laughing and being immature. But that was just “so Rainbow Dash”.

I helped Flutterhy into her bed again and she looked at me with a smile, but it quickly disappeared and her eyes were filled with water creating rivers flowing from face down onto the pillow.

“What’s wrong?” I asked, started to get really concerned.

She tried to stop crying in order to get some words out. I gave her another hug and she buried her head in my shoulder.

“Better?” I asked after a little while, putting a little smile up.

“It’s not about me. I’m fine,” she let out, “It’s...” her sniffs cutting her sentence short, “it’s about you...”

“About me?” I asked, “how about me?”

“You are getting worse. Much worse.”