• Published 2nd Feb 2012
  • 1,624 Views, 12 Comments

A Pony for a Day - phillipphoenix



What would you do, if you woke up on a grassy patch, noticing that you had become a pony?

  • ...
3
 12
 1,624

Taken away

Fluttershy and I didn’t sleep anymore that night. It wasn’t because we did “something”, more because we just sat there together in her sofa looking at each other and conversing. I don’t really remember the conversation, since the thing I was looking at was her beautiful eyes, her bright pink mane, her slink yellow body and her nice pair of wings. I think she didn’t remember the subjects of our talks either. All the time she just sat there, giving me a look of satisfaction, staring into my eyes. Then sometimes she would take a look around or more often around my body (or so I think).

When the sun was about to rise, I suggested that we should both take a blanket and go outside and sit and enjoy the morning sun. I really liked that, even though it wasn’t that often I got to do that. She smiled and agreed and went into another room to find us a blanket each. She only returned with one, but it was a big one, so when we came outside, we’d sit tight together on the bench in the corner of her garden tightly wrapped in the blanket feeling each others warm bodies against each other. It was a beautiful and bright sun that arose that morning, shining its light all over Equestria. I laid my arm around Fluttershy and she seemed to get a little anxious. She hadn’t expected that, and with her being … well … Fluttershy, she took a moment to think over it. Then she smiled at me, closed her eyes and pushed herself against me, putting her head on my shoulder. The sun shone bright and it gave away that it would be a perfect day.

I had already healed a lot. That evening, just after supper, I was almost able to tackle the stairs all on my own. Healing seemed to be a lot quicker here in Equestria. Fluttershy had also changed my bandages, so I could wear some new and fresh ones. It hadn’t hurt at all, since she had taken her time and was gentle during the process. She had smiled a lot that day. It just all seemed perfect. I said goodnight and went into my room. I went to bed, smiling from ear to ear. It had been a great day. Couldn’t really remember much else than the exceptionally sunny weather. Fluttershy had taken all my capacity. She went to bed too. I could easily say, that we were both anxious to see, what we would be doing tomorrow. She had given me another kiss on my cheek, just before entering her room saying goodnight. I slept well that night. Until...

I woke up in the middle of the night, not knowing the time or anything. The only thing I remembered from my sleep was this feeling. Both vague and very clear at the same time. I felt, that something threatening was about to happen. Something terrible and that I would be in the eye of the storm. I didn’t know what I had dreamed about, what was going to happen or how I played a role in anything of this. The dream wasn’t frightening in any matter. I didn’t wake up scared or anything. I just woke up, thought a while about it all and fell back into a deep sleep that didn’t end till later, where sunbeams woke me up.

Fluttershy hummed on the other side of the door, opening it and coming into the room with the biggest Pinkie Pie smile you could imagine. She had obviously slept nicely. Maybe some part of it was me not waking her in the middle of the night. She trotted over to my bed.

“Hi Phillip! How was your night? I hope you slept well.” She said hummingly.
“I’ve slept nice, without any bad dreams!” I replied, showing my gratitude to Luna for a quiet night.

I had momentarily forgotten all about the weird feeling I had in the middle of the night, probably pushing it away as a dream, which it also almost was. It was just weird.

“Let’s go have some breakfast. I’ve already prepared you a special treat.” Fluttershy said overenthusiasticly.

I started to get excited. What could it be? What had she prepared. I had always been one to love food. Of course I didn’t enjoy every kind of food, but generally I just enjoyed a nice meal. Fluttershy was humming happily in the kitchen, when I was only half down the stairs. I had to take one step at a time as for not to fall. This was hard, since I was really curious as for what Fluttershy had to show me.

I was finally down the stairs. I turned towards the kitchen and humped towards the door as fast as I could. I came closer and closer. It suddenly became quiet from within the kitchen. That was however only for a short time, since I then heard Fluttershy scream (as loud as Fluttershy now can) and sounds of rattle and plates or glasses falling to the floor smashing. As I reached the door I quickly opened it all the way and saw nothing... No Fluttershy, no broken things. Actually there was nothing on the main table at all, as if it was all taken away. I was really frightened at the sight and started shouting to make sure that she wasn’t nearby. The kitchen table was slightly open. I humped as quickly as I could towards the door only in time to see a black bubble-thing showing a little bit of something that could easily be a pink mane running towards the Everfree forest. I watched with anger and grief as it disappeared. Again I felt tears running down my cheeks, but this time the feeling was also filled with anger. I decided, that I would go after Fluttershy. But unlike most horror movies I chose not to go alone, and especially since I wasn’t in top form or anything. I set of for Ponyville to find Twilight. If anything it wouldn’t harm to have a magical unicorn on my side, when venturing into the Everfree forest. I walked as fast as I could, not being able to run just yet. Upon arrival in Ponyville I hurried to Twilight’s house.

*Knock knock*
“Come in!” I heard Twilight shout from within the tree.

I opened the door and went inside.

“Hi Twilight!” I said panting from the walk. “I... Need your … Help! Fluttershy has been … taken into the Everfree forest... by a mysterious creature!”.
“WHAT?!” She shouted. “What did it look like?!”
“It was some sort of black blob!” I answered.
“Black blob? Sit down, I’ll look for answers the usual place.”
“Sit down?!? We have to go after her! NOW!” I shouted.

Twilight gave a look of surprise, but snapped out of it and said:

“Yes I understand, but I before we leave just let me find the book and take it with me. It could turn out helpfull... Ahh here it is! Off we go then!”.

We “ran”, or rather walked, since I still couldn’t really run, and Twilight noticed this.

“Shouldn’t you stay here, and then I’ll gather the band to go look for Fluttershy? You don’t seem fit for a hunt!” She said.
“I’d rather go after Fluttershy!” I answered.
“No! Stay here, I’ll just tell Spike that you’ll stay here for a while. Be right back!”

She went into the house and almost exited it immediately, running towards Sweet Apple Acres to get Apple Jack I suppose. I turned around with a sad face, and slowly dragged myself back to the library. Tears ran while I tried to rest on Twilight’s couch. Spike had made me a cup of tea, but I wasn’t in the mood, so it had become cold, still standing on the table next to me.

After some time I had fallen asleep and I first woke up late the same evening. It had become dark outside and the wind blew fast and it rained a lot. I really did hope, that nothing bad had happened to Fluttershy. Of course I hoped that the other ponies were alright too. I saw that Spike had placed a plate with some carrot salad on the table next to me. I ate some of it, leaving the rest not being hungry. I sat up and went to one of the windows to look out. It was hard to see anything for the pouring rain. I turned away to return to my couch, but I just happened to catch a small light with the corner of my eye. It came closer. It seemed like a torch or something. I turned again to look through the window. As it came closer I could see, that It were ponies magically holding a torch in front of them. There were five of them and they carried something I couldn’t make out. I really hoped it was Fluttershy. Hope … Fluttershy … Hope … Fluttershy. They reached the house and almost broke the door when entering. I humped towards them shouting the one question popping into my head:

“Is she alright?!? IS SHE ALRIGHT?!?”