• Published 10th Mar 2013
  • 3,466 Views, 159 Comments

Equestria Noir Case 20 "Red Snow Fall" - Jacoboby1



Private and a group of friends travel to the far north of Equestria to save a nation from a tyrant. But who is truly the tyrant in this war in the north?

  • ...
7
 159
 3,466

Epilogue

Case 20

Epilogue

The old palace throne room had been cleaned up for the occasion of the victory celebration. My four friends and I walked the center aisle leading up to where Snowflake and Red Sickle were standing. Both were clad in formal wear as all five of us bowed before them.

Snowflake spread her wings in a gesture of welcoming and spoke to the crowd, “My people, for too long our country has been plagued by war and starvation. Through the actions of our fathers before us, our home has come to ruin. However, because of the efforts of these five brave heroes, we no longer have to fight each other. We stand at the dawn of a new era, one where peace has been brought between all the races.”

Several ponies cheered in agreement, glad that the fighting was finally over. I looked at Red Sickle as he walked forward, clad in a small suit. “Father is recovering from his injuries, but he should be fine in a few weeks,” he informed me happily.

“Until then, you’ve got work to do alongside Snowflake to keep this nation together,” I replied, rubbing the colt’s mane with my hoof.

Sickle laughed a little before getting out from under my hoof. “I’ll do my best, but first I think it’s time we all got a taste of spring here,” he said, looking to Snowflake an excited grin.

Snowflake gave a firm nod, walked to a nearby window and closed her eyes. Her horn glowed an icy blue and slowly the clouds parted to reveal a glorious sun waiting to share its light. The snow covering the ground slowly gave away, revealing grass just starting to grow again. It was like watching Winter Wrap Up on fast forward.

Everypony cheered and most of the crowd ran outside to take in the new spring weather. I smiled as I saw birds flying through the air for the first time in probably ages. I turned back to Snowflake, her smile was contagious. “I cannot thank you all enough for what you’ve done for me and my people,” she said gratefully.

“Well yeah,” Raiden said, smirking “We are kind of awesome like that, now about a rew-“

Big Mac smacked him upside the head and smiled, “Seein' this land pretty again is reward enough, Princess.”

“What will happen to the ponies at the yards?” Swarm asked.

Red Sickle said, “We’ve returned them to their families and hopefully everything that’s happened will keep them from holding grudges against father” He sighed. “Though I doubt they’ll remain happy for long.”

Snowflake put a hoof on the colt’s shoulder and said soothingly, “We’ll get through this, young one. Just like we have these past couple of days.”

“I do have one request,” I said. “There are a couple of foals, Driftly and Rosey; Driftly lost his foreleg in the attack on Hammergrad. Do you think you could find them a home together?”

“It’s a small step to repaying the mountain of debt we owe you,” she replied. “We will also put every effort we can into rebuilding our home. Since you are all from Equestria perhaps you can tell your princess we’ll take all the help we can get.”

“I’m sure both Princesses would be happy to oblige,” I said, ignoring the strange look Snowflake gave me. They had some catching up to do for sure.

“There’s also the matter of your brethren Swarm,” Snowflake said, turning to my transformed friend. “Does the hive wish anything?”

Swarm shook his head and replied, “They simply wish to be left alone, though they would appreciate you sending an ambassador or two to remain good neighbors.”

“Alright,” Sickle said. “Every extra pair of hooves will be a great help. So what’s going to happen to all of you?”

“We’re heading back home,” I answered the colt. “We have families and friends waiting for us, as well as some very special someponies.”

“They are lucky mares to have such brave stallions as all of you,” Snowflake complimented, earning a blush from each of us, even Applesnack. “I wish you all the best on your journey home; I’ll use a teleportation spell to send you all back the way you came.”

“Okay,” Raiden said warily, “just make sure my head isn’t caught in a snow drift, please.”

We all laughed and then Sickle said, “Promise us you’ll all come back when things are better.”

“Sure,” I said with a smile. “You take care of Snowflake, you hear?”

“You need not worry about me,” Snowflake said, smiling down at Sickle. “I believe I am in very good hooves.”

Sickle blushed a little and rubbed the back of his head. “I’ll um, do my best,” he promised.

Snowflake lowered her head, and then kissed the colt on the cheek. Red Sickle turned fifty shades redder as he looked on at the princess. I was reminded of Spike and Rarity at this point and I stifled a laugh. Snowflake smiled tenderly and said, “I know you will.”

“Wait a minute!” Raiden exclaimed. “We almost get our flanks handed to us and he gets a kiss?”

“I look forward to seeing you all soon,” Snowflake said, her horn glowing brightly. “Goodbye, my friends.”

Raiden glowered and said, “What a ri-“

With that, we all vanished into thin air.

___________________________________________________________

“-off!” We all came into existence in Canterlot. Or, more accurately, above it…

“NOT AGAIN!” I yelled as we all fell to the ground towards the hard earth. I was about to hit the ground when I felt magic cushion my fall. I looked above me and saw Raiden being caught by a rainbow colored blur.

Raiden looked up to see Rainbow Dash smiling down at him. “Hey, can I make an awesome save or what?” she gloated.

Raiden smiled and flapped out of her forelegs. “Yeah you can,” he replied, throwing his forelegs around her. “It’s good to see you again!”

“Hey,” Rainbow said, her face turned a little pink. “None of that mushy stuff, okay?”

“I know,” he said, and then gestured to himself. “So, can I fill a suit, or what?”

Rainbow looked wide eyed at his suit followed by a… Spring!

“Darn it!” Rainbow cried, trying to flatten her stiff wings. Raiden laughed as Rainbow fumed. “Get back here mister!” she cried as Raiden took off. The two then began chasing each other around Canterlot’s skyline.

I looked to my right and saw Big Mac coming gently to earth, held by Fluttershy. I was surprised the little mare could carry the big stallion. But I guess when your somepony is about to fall from fifty feet in the air your body makes up for it. Big Mac drew the pegasus in a tender hug. “Ah missed ya, Shy, very much.” he whispered.

“Oh Mackey,” Fluttershy said, looking at him with tear filled aqua eyes. “I was so worried when Twilight told us that Private was in trouble! I thought that maybe Sombra got you.”

“Shh,” Big Mac comforted, as I tried not to laugh at the pet name Fluttershy gave him. He would’ve pounded me into the ground.

I looked over to my left and saw Swarm and Pinkie in a very excited conversation.

“Then I got to play a flugal horn! It was probably the most amazing instrument ever! I wonder if I can add it on, so I can be a pony who can play eleven instruments? That should throw Trixie for a loop,” the pink pony declared, bouncing around.

Swarm smiled at her and said, “You won’t believe it! I found my old hive up in the Snowlands! They aren’t enslaved to Chrysalis anymore!”

“That’s great, Swarmy!” Pinkie exclaimed with a smile. “Wait, how many are in your hive?”

Swarm raised an eyebrow and replied, “About two thousand, that’s only counting basic drones.”

“TWO THOUSAND!” Pinkie cried in shock. “That’s like, two thousand parties I have to throw when I give them my mandatory, “Hi, you’re awesome so I’m going to be your friend even though we’ve only just me,” party!

Swarm just laughed and gave Pinkie Pie a tender kiss on the lips. That stopped her up from going into another rant. Thank Luna!

I looked at a nearby tree and saw Applejack on one of the branches. Hanging upside down from it was Applesnack, his hooves tied together, tethered to the tree. He gave a small smile at her and asked, “So, this is my reward?”

“Ah warned ya, soldier boy” Applejack said with a smirk. “Ya get any more inta mah heart, and ah throw a lasso round ya and ya ain’t ever leavin'.”

“Like I said If I’m trapped for you, then that’s the best way to live,” he said with a smile, as Applejack descended from the tree.

“Ya sweet heart,” Applejack said, before she laid her lips on his.

Just then the magic turned me over and set me down onto my hooves. I then found myself looking right into the beautiful eyes of Twilight. I fought the urge to yell in delight and just threw my hooves around hear “Twilight,” I said, laughing and hugging her tightly.

“Private!” she exclaimed as I lifted her into the air and spun around like in those romantic movies. She laughed as I set her down on the ground and she kissed me. I kissed back with just as much love and joy. She broke our kiss and looked at me with tear filled eyes. “I’m so happy to see you! I missed you so much! Thank Celestia you’re okay!” she exclaimed in one breath.

“I missed you so much too, Twilight,” I said, my voice filled with joy at the sight of her. “I’m so thankful you’re alright! Sombra said all these things about hurting you. I’m glad my fears were unfounded.”

She smiled and just held me tight. I held her just as tenderly. We were all happy to be back. I even caught a glimpse of Rarity holding Spike behind Twilight. I set my head on top of Twilight’s, just holding the mare I loved close.

I don’t think I’ve ever been happier in my life…

________________________________________________________

I took a deep breath and opened the door in front of me. There inside there was Voidera himself. The dark Alicorn was looking up at a newly constructed stained glass window. I saw a stylized version of myself in the armor defeating Sombra. Wow, they sure put these up fast.

“You’ve returned,” Voidera said in his deep voice. “Congratulations on bringing peace to the Snowlands.”

I walked up to him, my ears flattening and said, "I don't deserve congratulations. I didn’t stop all those ponies from getting caught in the crossfire back at Hammergrad. Driftly lost his leg, and Sickle almost lost his father. Sombra almost…”

“Beat you?”

I looked up at him as his red slitted eyes turned to me. “You think yourself responsible for Sombra’s actions in the Snowlands?” he asked brusquely.

“He was after me,” I said, looking down at my hooves. “He was after Tenacity. Had I simply faced him in the beginning…”

I felt Voidera’s hoof as he lifted my head up to face him. “You believe you’ve failed the test?” he asked.

I slowly nodded and replied, “So much went wrong, Sombra got away with so much! In the end, I couldn’t stop him. He’ll always come after me, and he’ll always try to put the ponies I love in harm’s way. How can you say I passed when I couldn’t stop him completely?”

Voidera slowly smiled and said, “Humility”

“What?”

“You’re not afraid to look back at your mistakes and consider what went wrong despite success,” Voidera said. “According to Fenlock’s testimony to me, the Private from three years ago would never have done that. Ponies are always saying we should move forward, but if we don’t look back we can never know whether the road is worth trekking.”

“So, I passed?” I asked slowly.

Voidera stood stoically. “You, Private Eye, showed courage, humility, a firm handle on leadership, and above all, true determination and improvisation as well as Integrity. Three years ago you would’ve just have fulfilled Rush’s task to you without question. You’ve come a long way and now you’re willing to see beyond just the case.”

I just stared at the Alicorn as I took in his words. He was saying I did all of this?

“You are a great detective there’s no doubt about that,” Voidera said, “but in the days to come, you will become something far more. I needed to test whether you showed the qualities necessary.”

“For what exactly?” I asked, my grey eyes growing wide as I awaited his answer.

His smile grew wider and he said one sentence, one sentence that rocked my whole world.

“To become my student.”

I took a moment to take what he said in. He, wanted me as…Oh Luna! Jumping Luna on a pogo stick from here to the moon and back! He couldn’t be asking me as his…

“With all due respect, Voidera,” I said, looking at the Alicorn in confusion. “I’m not a pony like Twilight. I have hardly any magical talent whatsoever!”

“Should that disqualify you as my student?” Voidera asked, with a slight grin. “You passed the test with flying colors. I would expect you would consider this an honor.”

“I do!” I said quickly. “It’s just, why me?”

Voidera’s horn glowed blood red and a sword levitated and was set down between us. “I cannot teach you much now, as your power is something even I know little about, but you showed skill with the blade when you had never handled weapons in that fashion, correct?”

I nodded and said, “Yeah, it felt like Nocturne was fighting through me.”

“You are not mistaken in that” Voidera commented. “Your power is only in its early stages. Before, you had to be in great peril in order for your power to activate. Under normal circumstances the armor I gave you would’ve caused you to possibly hurt Snowflake in your frenzy.”

I nodded, staring down at the sword and said, “Nocturne knew how the armor worked though, he knew how to fight.”

“In his time,” Voidera said, “Nocturne was a valiant warrior and deadly stalker at night. His signature weapons were a pair of blades.”

“So, he knew how to use them,” I concluded. “Did I channel him or something? Is that what Tenacity’s true power is?”

“Indeed, as with each of the elements. In time, all seven of you will unlock the true potential within you.” He smiled a little, and continued, “You still have a long way to go before your true power is realized, but with my aid you shall find it.”

“This is a lot to take in, Voidera,” I said, just looking down at the sword. “So what’s with this?”

“A taste of the power I will eventually teach you,” he said. He levitated the sword, closed his eyes and suddenly small red sparks shot out of the tip. A red light soon enveloped the blade and before my eyes it reforged itself. I stared in awe as the new blade was long, the hilt was black, and the blade was a deep grey.

“I’ve seen you do that before,” I said, looking at the blade. “You and Princess Celestia did it at the summit.”

Voidera studied the blade for a minute and replied, “It’s the power of alchemy. The art of taking a material, breaking it down, and reforming it as something new.” He gave a small chuckle. “Not unlike what you do with your cases.”

Find the material, the evidence. Break down the lies and inconsistencies, forge the truth…

“And you’re saying I’ll be able to do this one day?” I asked, shaking my head. “Twilight would be a far better candidate for something as magically complex as this.”

“Not quite,” Voidera said, “You have a better understanding of material magic then Twilight does. Twilight is better suited to handle the magical energies in its raw form. You are like a go between; your magic is used with objects. That’s why you would be a great candidate to learn this.”

I stared at the blade, just taking in all that was set before me. “Voidera, this is overwhelming. However, if ponies like Sombra are coming around, then I will need every advantage I can get.”

“Take this,” he said, putting the sword in my hooves gently, a scabbard soon formed on it. “You may need it, to fight foes bullets can’t hurt.”

“When do I begin lessons?” I asked, feeling the blade in my hooves. It felt almost like it was meant for me. I wonder if that was alchemy’s power.

“Not for a while, but expect word from me soon” Voidera began walking away slowly. “I look forward to your lessons under me. They shall be quite… enjoyable,” he said with a smile.

I put the sword on and walked out. Voidera was asking me, of all the unicorns in Equestria, to be his student. I felt honored, scared, intimidated, excited and strange all at once.

I can only imagine this is how Twilight felt…

_____________________________________________________

I walked the halls as I levitated the sword in my magic. I had no idea what Voidera meant by me having to use this. However, I wasn’t about to deny a gift from him. It needed a name though. All great weapons had names. It was grey, like my coat, maybe silver wolf?

I sheathed the blade and looked up as Luna rounded the corner. When she saw me a smile came to her face. “You are alright, thank goodness,” she said, walking to me. She stopped me before I could even think of bowing. “None of that, we don’t believe our friends should have to bow in such a way,” she said.

I smiled at her, and then reached into my trench coat and pulled out Nocturne’s medallion. “I think this belongs to you,” she said.

She gave a soft smile and levitated the medallion into her hoof. “It has served you well, just as it had Nocturne.”

“Did you think I would need to use it?” I asked, looking at the Princess of the Night searchingly.

Her teal eyes looked down for a minute. “I prayed it would not be necessary, but I wasn’t about to lose one of my few true friends,” she said with a smile. “Stay safe, Private, that is all I ask of you.”

I returned her smile and replied, “I’ll try, Luna, and thanks for the help.”

With that Luna walked to me, and then gently put a wing over me. I felt the same safety and warmth I felt last time I was under it. She gave me a tender smile and said, “It will get harder as it goes on, dear Private, but I know you will be strong through it. Just remember, no matter what happens, never let go of your honor.”

Then Luna walked away without saying any more. Geez, everypony was insisting on being super vague lately. At least I knew, that if worse comes to worst, I had one ally on my side.

However, part of me wondered, was she talking to me or to Nocturne?

__________________________________________________________

We spent the night then celebrating at Doughnut Joe’s. Rainbow was hovering over us recounting the story of how Spike apparently got the crystal heart. “And then Shining lifted Cadence into the air and threw her at Spike! Narrowly escaping the jaws of Sombra!” she described, animatedly.

“And then the Crystal Empire wins the Super Bowl! Whoo!!!” Raiden shouted, imitating a crowd at a sports stadium. We all laughed and Raiden went on, “Well it took a lot of guts to jump off that high tower in the first place, Spike.”

Spike blushed a little at Raiden’s praise, and said, “Hey, anything to help Twilight.”

“Don’t let anypony deny how brave you were,” Rarity said, smiling at the little dragon.

“Aww,” All of us guys teased, causing Spike to give us a glare.

“Yeah well,” Raiden bragged, “we had our fair share of awesome moments too. Big Mac here smashed an entire golem with his bare hooves.”

“Well them strength enhances would certainly help on the farm,” Applejack added. “Though, ya might send all them trees flyin'.”

Big Mac shook his head and said, “Ah had to give 'em back, they were army property after all. Sides, Ah can still buck trees like normal.”

“Ain’t only the only tree you can buck eh, Big Mac?” Raiden said with a cheeky grin.

Big Mac and Fluttershy both flushed brightly and Spike looked to me and asked, “Let me guess, not until I’m older?”

“Eeyup,” I said, imitating Big Mac. That earned me a laugh from some of our group.

“How are Cadence and Shining settling in?” I asked Twilight.

Twilight gave a small smile and replied, “Cadence said that they would be settling down there now. They both like it there, although it will be hard having them so far away now.”

“Aw don’t worry none, sugar cube,” Applejack added. “So long as ya hold 'em in yer hearts, family ain’t too far away.”

“You’re right,” Twilight said, “I hope we can all come to visit once everything gets settled.”

“Yeah!” Pinkie interjected, appearing from under my table for some reason. “We can throw them all a ‘we stopped an evil king from taking over your empire party!’ We’ll all play flugal horns and we can see a joust again and all of that fun stuff!”

“Just as long as somepony else gets to be Rainbow’s punching bag,” Fluttershy said, giving Rainbow a look. The cyan pegasus rubbed the back of her head and whistled innocently.

We all gave a small laugh and I just enjoyed the rest of the evening among my friends. If Luna was right and something dark was coming, at least I know I have allies in that fight. Voidera was right, I have changed.

I can only hope I’ve changed enough for whatever is coming…

___________________________________________________________

Perspective: ???

My hooves did not make hoof prints in the snow. I did not feel the cold that any other pony would. I wasn’t here physically, I would not be able to physically manifest for a long while. Then again, I don’t need a physical body to track down the stench of corruption I felt.

I looked up and saw Sombra’s shadow moving quickly away from the Snowlands. My horn glowed a deep blue and he stopped in his tracks. He took on his true appearance, except chains were on him, hindering his movement. He looked up at me, his red eyes growing wide with fear. “No! Anypony but you!” he cried.

“It seems you failed in your little plan,” I said, as my blue eyes gazed down at him. “Although, your line was never a clever one to begin with.”

“Don’t talk down to me!” he spat. “I know who you are! I know what you failed to do fifteen hundred years ago! You cannot stop the darkness from coming!”

“You underestimate me, just as my daughters did,” I said, using my magic to tighten the chains. “Now tell me, how did you fail in your plan? Who stopped you?”

“It was the descendent of Izanami! She used that bitch’s heart to weaken me!” he whined pitifully.

“No, there is something more,” I said, looking down at him. “I smell the very fear you so treasure radiating off you. Somepony else stopped you, and you’re terrified of him. Now that is a clever pony, to use your own deadliest weapon against you.”

“He’s nothing! A fool of a unicorn playing with a power he has no idea of how to wield!”

I walked to him and pressed my hoof on his neck. I looked down at him with cold blue eyes as he let out a cry of pain. “You will tell me what you saw, or I will extract it from you. I’ll have you know; only one Alicorn before you has ever survived a mind dive with his mind intact. He was far more powerful then you are, however,” I said.

“I’ll not tell you! That power is mine!" Sombra said, glaring at me. “You will not steal it from me!”

“I care not for whatever power that this unicorn supposedly wields,” I said, continuing to stare down at him. “I do care, however, about a taint of dark magic running around Equestria.”

“Don't think yourself so righteous! I know what you did fifteen hundred years ago. I know how many lives you’ve destroyed. I know who you are…”

My face remained expressionless as I leaned down and whispered coldly, “Then you know what will happen if you do not tell me who put the fear in your eyes.”

“Fine! His name is Private Eye! He’s descended from Prometheus like me! He wields Tenacity! His ancestor Eclipse stole it from me a thousand years ago!”

Tenacity, so it survived…

“You said you share the same line,” I said slowly, “but that cannot be right. According to the history texts from the empire, Prometheus only had children with Aria, the first crystal pony.”

“So, I know something you don’t,” he gloated.

“Speak, fool, lest I destroy you right here, you know it’s within my power to do it.”

“I never said our line was legitimate. Prometheus committed a sin fourteen hundred years ago. Through that sin, two foals were born. My line was born out of the eldest twin, and Private’s out of the younger. How they managed to escape being recorded in history is something you should take up with your daughter.”

I gave him a cold stare. “So, that explains how the taint got into his line. Also reveals why this, Private, has Tenacity.”

“So, what more do you want from me? I demand to be released!”

I shook my head and said, “I cannot allow a taint such as you to wander free unchecked. I will destroy all the taint left in this world, but I will give you one chance. For despite claims to the contrary, I can be merciful.”

“I want neither your pity nor your mercy! Nopony forces King Sombra into a bargain!” he snapped.

“Discord was foolish enough to make a similar claim, but I dealt swiftly with him, as I will you. However, until your usefulness reaches its end. I will keep you in a place where shadows can never escape.” My eyes glowed and a portal opened behind Sombra. The fool tried to hold onto the ground but he was soon dragged in by my magic.

That should hold him for a long while. Typical unicorn, believing himself to be a master of magic when they hardly know a speck of it’s true power.

So, Private Eye wields Tenacity?

The same magic I tried to use to stop Voidera’s foolish claims of a world without Alicorns. What a foolish colt, to think that such a power should be bestowed on an abomination.

A regress….

A taint on our world…

That is what they are…

Earth Pony, Unicorn, Pegasus…

All of them are abominations before their glorious ancestors…

One day…

Voidera believes a mere unicorn is worthy of such power?

I never raised him to be so foalish…

Soon, I will repair the wounds this world has suffered…

And if Voidera or Celestia refuses to comply with their king…

Then I’m afraid they will have to be gone too…

For all shall bow before King Lunard once again….

Comments ( 34 )

Really nice ending with everyone meeting with their special someponies at the end. I liked both Private being Voidera's student, was not expecting this and this should definitely be interesting for the future, and the appearence of Lunard. Good story overall and this has become one of my favourite's of the series.

Ooo, Lunard. I liked him. Seems these last few cases are going to get quite action packed!

An excellent ending!

2340416I honestly didn't think this one would be anybody's favorite. Glad to see I'm proven wrong once again. :twilightsmile:

2341404
I realize that it is a change of pace compared to your other stories and as much as I enjoy the mysteries and detective work of your cases, this is why I started reading the series, it is also nice to see a different sort of story as well. With a world as large as this one it is nice to see other characters take a larger role from time to time. As well I have enjoyed your expansion of Sombra especially since it is worked into the series and not just as a separate stand alone story.

Great end to the story. :eeyup::twilightsmile::yay:

Nice ending. Big fan of the Equestria Noir series.

2344651I noticed by the ten thousand favorite notices I got :twilightsmile:

Think you can give me some pointers. I'm new to writing fanfics

2344662It's a pretty vast subject, what did you specifically have in mind?

Anything you can say can help

2344680I what I can say is always keep the material in mind when you're writing, but don't be afraid of creativity with certain characters. Try to find a balance between what's given to you, and what you can add to make it better.

2344680 Also get yourself a good editor. :pinkiehappy:

2346138That always helps too :twilightsmile:

So the big bad makes his appearance. And he's a knight templar to boot. This could get dicey. :twilightoops:

brace yourselves people....
i sense a vast amount of "shit going down" in future cases

“Ain’t only the only tree you can buck eh, Big Mac?” Raiden said with a cheeky grin.

So Fluttershy IS a tree

2.bp.blogspot.com/-PPV3sWgx_dc/T0Zu3Hig6nI/AAAAAAAAA5c/Avh_ODOsBi8/s1600/happy-i-see-what-you-did-there-(clean).png

2597431 in three hundred and fifty colours, two hundred intensities and seven different languages...

2597440And it comes with a free FROGERT!

2597445 ewww, i hate those things... <shoots u in the foot> (Blazing Saddles reference FTW!)

2597440 Nuclear-level explosives-Wait, how can you make a rifle in a language?

2597783 im a Great One, not an engineer, i have no idea how they pulled that one off...and we moved away from nukes more than a thousand Generations ago...too easy to counter with the right tech...

2597817 An efficient means to wipe idiots off the face of the Earth/Equestria?

2597937 we have a weapon system that can hunt down one unlucky bastard anywhere on the planet and shove a plasma bolt right up his tailhole...id like to say more about that, but the weapon is currently under Military classification

2599846 WRONG! You can't kill off all the idiots on the planet! It is physically impossible! They will always multiply! They're like Tribbles.

2600041 i didnt say all...i said one, the weapon can hunt down a specific individual no matter where they r, or a larger group of individuals, and wipe them off the face of the planet with relative ease. as u say, getting rid of every idiot would be largely pointless as everyone is an idiot in their own way

“Ain’t only the only tree you can buck eh, Big Mac?” Raiden said with a cheeky grin.

dc472.4shared.com/img/BNqKbMOh/s7/if_you_know_what_i_mean_mr_bea.jpg

So will Red Hammer face some sort of justice for what he had done at the Yards? It seems at least to me that no one has brought up the point about what he did at the Yards was genocide as he tried to eliminate all the unicorns and pegasi in the Snowlands by chopping off their horns and wings therfore turning them into "earth ponies" even though they have different builds physically. According to Article 2 of the United Nations Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide Genocide which defines genocide as

"any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group, as such: killing members of the group; causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group; deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life, calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part; imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group; [and] forcibly transferring children of the group to another group." Source

therefore he committed genocide but appears to face little or no repercussions for his actions.

Sorry for the block of text it just this little point seems to be have been ignored or not mentioned by anyone else. Overall I love this series and have read it over at least 3 to 4 times :twilightsheepish: start to finish.
So does Red Hammer face some sort of justice at least?

2948557What happens in the Snowlands after that will be dealt with. Suffice to say Red Hammer is not in power anymore and Season 2 will revisit the problems he started and the problems that were there when his power came.

2948585 Ok :twilightsmile: I was just wondering about what happened after he lost power. It seemed like he was getting off easy.

:rainbowhuh: THE KING HAS RETURNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh dear...shit is going to get real real fast. This story has been...inspiring...to say the least. :eeyup:

5518526
A good guess, and quite smart
but I am a Pegasus at heart
a zebra, neigh, can't say I am
I rhyme here, now, because I can.

When I see the title and picture for this story before reading it, I have the Soviet anthem in my head, I don't know why

Login or register to comment