• Published 19th Feb 2013
  • 1,374 Views, 52 Comments

A Life-Changing Blessing - MIKEANTHONY321



Brave Spirit is a lonely stallion who has no one to love or take care of, until he makes an unexpected discovery...

  • ...
5
 52
 1,374

Epilogue (Time-lapse #3)

-Time-lapse: 18 years-

Rainbow Dash flew gracefully alongside Lightning Chaser. Her perfected Type 1 flight aid harness followed her every movement, letting her glide effortlessly across the skies next to her new fiancée.

Upon receiving an urgent call from the hospital, Rainbow Dash and Lightning Chaser immediately left their apartment in response. Brave Spirit’s pancreatic cancer was terminal.

………………………………

Upon arrival, Rainbow and Lightning were urged to Spirit’s room down the hallway. They were told by the nurses that his condition was declining fast.

They hurried down the hall where they were directed, and opened the door slowly and carefully. As they entered, they saw Spirit lying in his bed with his eyes closed and his breathing steady.

Rainbow Dash walked up to Spirit’s bed, and knelt down beside him. She put her hoof on his, which was still. Upon doing this, Spirit’s eyes slowly opened.

He turned to look at her, and smiled weakly. “Hey Dashie.”

A tear fell from Rainbow Dash’s eye. “Hi dad. I got some good news for you.”

Spirit said nothing, and simply listened.

“Your flight harness has been adopted by hospitals all around Equestria. Lightning and I are rich now, and foals with my condition will be granted the ability to fly for all future generations! Look dad, they even have a plaque with your name on it in the Grand Canterlot Medical Center by Canterlot Castle!”

Rainbow Dash held up a photo of the plaque for Spirit to see. The plaque read, “This plaque is dedicated to Brave Spirit of Ponyville, whose hard work, tireless efforts, and undeniable dedication for his daughter have granted impaired foals all around Equestria the blessed privilege of firsthand flight. May his generous work be remembered throughout this nation for the remainder of its time.”

Spirit smiled warmly. He breathed suddenly, and coughed a few times. Upon doing so, he caught a glimpse of his daughter’s flank, which sported a new, beautiful cutie mark of a rainbow lightning bolt.

Rainbow Dash followed his gaze, and noticed what he was looking at.

“Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you! I earned this just last month by completing the 112th annual Equestrian Flight Marathon! I performed the legendary Sonic Rainboom on the home stretch, and broke a new country-wide record! All while using your flight harness.” She beamed.

“I’m so proud of you, Dashie. When I first found you, I knew you were going to do big things.” He replied.

Rainbow Dash grinned from ear to ear. “Thanks, dad. But if it weren’t for your flight aid, I wouldn’t be where I am now.”

Spirit smiled again, and glanced over at Lightning Chaser.

Rainbow Dash gasped. “Oh, I almost forgot! I have one more bit of news for you.”

Spirit raised his head a bit to listen. Lightning Chaser walked over by Rainbow Dash’s side, and put his hoof around her shoulder.

“Lightning and I are expecting a foal this spring!” She announced.

Spirit’s eyes went wide. “Wow Rainbow Dash, that is amazing! That is just…so amazing. I am so, so proud of you.” He responded lovingly.

“Yeah, she’s due in early May.” Lightning added.

Brave Spirit looked directly into Rainbow Dash’s eyes. She looked back at him the same way.

“You see Dashie, miracles do happen. Sometimes they’re small, like inventing a flying aid to help out ponies in need. And sometimes they’re huge, like discovering a foal that will go on to become the most influential mare Equestria has ever known. Sometimes…they can be a life-changing blessing.”

As Spirit finished that sentence, his eyes closed, and his head fell back onto the pillow. His heart monitor flat-lined.

Rainbow and Lightning’s head lowered, and they shared a moment of respectful silence for Brave Spirit. After a few fateful minutes, they quietly exited the hospital.

THE END

Author's Note:

No, no, no! No sequel! If I did a sequel, it would be WAY too similar to the Bad Luck series! Hoo...glad that's off of my chest.
Anyway, I am definitely NOT crazy. I'm not just some clop-freak who likes to ship my favorite ponies with every living thing in the book of knowledge. In this case, shipping RD with another OC is just what worked well in the story. So please...back off. :P
Anyway...hope you enjoyed! My next couple of stories are going to be 'Twilight's Experiments' stories, so if you desire emotionally-heavy drama stories instead of crossovers, politely direct your flank over to the exit! XD

Comments ( 9 )

3534432

Um...okay. That has been noted. :rainbowhuh:

awwww. oh yeah..you did write the bad luck series......d'awwwww he died! NOOOOOOOOOOOO! :fluttershbad: :applecry:

5765123
You'll actually make a pic of this for me? Or do you just like the story a lot? :pinkiegasp:

5765247 Oh yes sure. You can have it if you want. I'll just post it on devianrtart if I haven't already and then you can download it. So yeah you can have it.
And I also liked the story

5765511
Oh, that makes me joyful. :rainbowkiss:

5765642 I'm glad! :D I'll be posting it in a few short minutes. Here is a link: http://therandommlpfanatic.deviantart.com/

Login or register to comment