• Published 14th Feb 2013
  • 453 Views, 7 Comments

The Techno Crystal War. - SolidFerret



Electronic Notes and the gang now need to fight for the Crystal kingdom.

  • ...
3
 7
 453

The Trap.

Sharp Edge found himself in a dark void. His hooves were on ground so he walked on.

"Hello?" His voice echoed.

No answer. It's not like he expected one anyways. There was nothing here.

But a light seem to have shown. Edge walked towards it slowly. What he saw shocked him.

Fluttershy sat in tears. She kept saying something that struck something inside of Edges heart.

"Help me." She whimpered. Edge moved closer but time seemed to have slowed down for him as he got closer. Dark crystals closed around Fluttershy.

"Help me." She whimpered again. Those words kept pushing Edge to move but he kept getting slower.

"Please. Help me." The crystal trapped her.


Sharp Edge sat up. He was soaked in sweat from the dream. He looked and noticed that Electronic Notes wasn't there. He walked out of the entrance to find him starring at the tower.

"She's up there isn't she?" He said.

"Yeah. I plan on attacking today."

"WHAT! I thought you said we were gonna wait." Notes responded.

"Well I think a whole night is long enough. Plus... uh... something came up." He tried not to mention his dream.

"Fluttershy?"

"Damn it. Yeah." Edge said.

"Relax. I think at this point we all lost our special some-pony. Whether they knew it or not." Edge nodded in agreement. Whether the mares knew that one of them had feelings or not, they were their special some-pony to them.

"Well lets wake up the others. We're gonna need food."

"Got it."

Notes went and quietly shook them awake. Spike being the only exception. The group agreed that he was to young. They asked one of the crystal ponies there to let them know where they went.

"Alright. We're just going for food. That's it. No heroics."

"Got it."


They city had slave ponies everywhere. Some whispered for help while others told them to run to make sure they wouldn't share the same fate.

But a stash of food was found. Caramel and Nova carried on their backs.

"Somethings not right here. This is to damn easy." Soarin commented.

"Where the hell is everypony?" Caramel asked.

Crystals burst forward. At first they were harmless, but some sort of magic began to put pieces of it together. It formed a beast that roared at them.

"Shit."

Edge lit up his horn. "You guys go. I got this."

Without objecting, the others went on.

Sharp Edge stared at the beast. Determination in his eyes as it charged at him. Edge rolled to the side and ran over and slashed his magic blade at it. The crystal chipped away, leaving weak spots for Edge to strike at.

The beast roared as he swiped a crystal fist at Edge, who caught it with his blade and repelled his attack. Edge had to find a weak point. He swiped away at the beast and quikly realized that the limbs were his best shot at defeating it.

The beast swung some more at Edge, who quickly dodged and went under his arm socket. He slashed his head down and the blade followed, slicing off its' arm.

It roared in pain and clutched where it's arm came off. The beast was angered and tried to smash Edge with his other arm. Edge jumped back as pieces of the ground flew around where the fist made contact.

Edge quickly ran up the arm and jumped when the creature tried to fling him off. He leaped to the beasts' head and slashed.

The beast fell to the ground. It's head rolled away until it became nothing but crystal dust. The same happened to the rest of the body.


The others found their way to an empty yet open area.


"Why is it so quiet?" Notes asked.

But an answer came when a dark matter exploded and knocked the whole group down. Standing above Notes was none other that King Sombra. He picked up Notes by the neck and purred.

"Come with me." And in a flash, he and Notes were gone.

Sharp Edge came running up. "Shit. I could've gotten him. Soarin?''

"I'm on it." Soarin took off towards the tower.


Notes found himself at the top of the tower. He was shocked to see the six gem prisons with one above them in the center.

"VINYL!" He screamed at the sight of his wife. It was like when they both went to Ponyville. She was in a comatose state. She just hung there with her eyes closed. As if she was sleeping in pain.

"Don't worry. She's fine. Just tired." The dark pony said.

"Let her go!" Notes pleaded.

"I can't." Sombra shook his head.

Soarin flew up. He saw Notes besides Sombra but the sight of rainbows inside of a crystal prison made him forget about his goal.

"Dashie!" He yelled and flew towards her prison. A force stopped him cold.

"Shhh. She's sleeping." Sombra taunted.Soarin struggled in his grasp. Sombra laughed menacingly.

"You may think that love and happiness can repel me away again, but when everything is so hopeless, you will never have a chance." Sombra simply tossed Soarin aside.

Notes had gotten up to stumble towards his wife.

"Vinyl. It's me. Wake up!" He yelled the last part to hope that she would open her eyes.

"You really think that you can wake her by yelling. Those ropes have a spell of sleeping on them. She will remain asleep until they get taken off. But her dreams are nothing but pain of her deepest fears." Trixie said from behind Notes.

"What is she dreaming then?" Notes said in tears.


"NO! Please no!" Vinyl screamed as she felt them squeeze on her body.

But the snakes kept would never stop. They were wrapped around her just like the ropes outside of her dream.


"Whatever her worst fear is." Trixie answered.

"Enough. They both have had their visits but now it's time for them to go." Sombra lit his horn.

"No WAIT-" Notes reached towards his wife. But on a flash, he and Soarin were back with rest of the group at the shelter.

"What happened?" Spike asked.

Notes began to sniffle. Tears leaked out of his eyes.

"I...I... I couldn't save her!" He broke down. Soarin trying his best to not have the same reaction.

"We need to make a move." Hard Chord said to Edge.

"We will. In time."