• Published 8th Feb 2013
  • 1,046 Views, 14 Comments

A Beautiful Light From Within The Darkest Clouds - Princess Glitzy



Shining Armor has always seemed to have everything together, but what you don`t know is that behind this brave, clever pony was a tortured soul just hoping for something to go right.

  • ...
6
 14
 1,046

The Visit

Chapter 4

Twilight stepped out of the shower and dried off. She proceeded to brush her coat and mane. "Twilight!"

"Yes mom." she said.

"Come here! You need to look nice for Princess Celestia so when you`re done come here so I can put your bow on for you!" Twilight finished brushing her tail and rushed to her parents` room. Twilight Velvet placed a large bow on Twilight`s head and a small one towards the center of her tail.

"Thanks mom!" Her mother sat on the bed and motioned for Twilight to sit with her.

"You need to behave like a goo-"

She interrupted and said "I`m always a good filly!"

Her mother sighed and said "I know, but I mean extra good. You can`t interrupt."

She glared at Twilight and she said "Sorry?"

"Good girl. You need to act nicely and above all, be yourself." Twilight beamed up at her mother. "Come on. Give your mother a hug." She felt very content in her mother`s embrace. Until her annoying brother came in.

"Hey Twi! Hey Mom!" Their mother gasped.

"What!" Twilight said with alarm.

"Shining Armor. You haven`t gotten ready yet?!" He slumped back and looked at the ground.

"Sorry ma." He muttered quietly.

"Go get ready, the princess will be here at any moment!" *DING DONG* Night Light called from downstairs.

"She`s here! A freakin` princess is here!" The Princess smiled.

"That`s no way to talk about your guests." she said playfully.

"Princess Celestia!" they shouted in unison.

"I mean um... hi?" Twilight said.

"Hello my star pupil. Guess what?"

"What?" asked Shining Armor.

"Twilight you are no longer just a student... you are my apprentice!" Twilight and her mom started dancing and singing softly.

"We did it. We did it."

"You have very odd dance moves Mrs. Sparkle." Twilight Velvet suddenly felt very embarrassed and dizzy.

"Princess, I, dance, embarrass..." she said right before she fainted.

Shining Armor looked up at Celestia and said calmly "I think you broke my mom."


"So Celestia how`s your family?"

Celestia finished chewing her salad and then said "Cadence is good, Blueblood is fine and my sister isn`t here. I don`t like talking about my sister though so let`s move on!" She nervously laughed and then ate more salad. Twilight felt bad for Celestia. I would hate losing Shining Armor. I can`t imagine what it would be like to lose your own sister.

Shining Armor wanted to make the mood light again so he thought for a moment and then came up with the perfect idea. "Let`s play a game!" he loudly blurted out.

Celestia shrugged and said "Sure."

After their meal they chit chatted about this and that and when they felt ready they all went to the living room to choose a game. "Candy Land®!" suggested Twilight.

"Shoots and Ladders®!" Dad blurted out.

"Mystery Date®!" Mom eagerly added.

"Twister®!" shouted Shining Armor and everypony agreed. "Let`s play Twister!"


"Well it`s been a great night and I had a lot of fun! I can`t believe I, Princess Celestia have won!"

"I can!" they all shouted in unison for the second time that night. Celestia hugged all of them and bid them ado.

"Bye~!"