• Published 8th Feb 2013
  • 1,046 Views, 14 Comments

A Beautiful Light From Within The Darkest Clouds - Princess Glitzy



Shining Armor has always seemed to have everything together, but what you don`t know is that behind this brave, clever pony was a tortured soul just hoping for something to go right.

  • ...
6
 14
 1,046

First Date

Chapter 15

Wear a suit? Don`t wear a suit? Wear a suit? Don`t wear a suit? Uhhg! Tonight is my date with Cadence and I have no idea what I`m supposed to do. If only mom and dad were here.

He thought about his parents and soon found himself crying. Tonight is important. I can`t waste it crying over something I couldn`t of stopped. He got up and walked towards the shower. He shampooed, rinsed, repeated and then got out all of his snarls and then cleaned his coat. He wanted to look perfect.

Once he was done he dried off and started putting in hair product. Should I try a new style for my mane? Nah. He brushed his mane, coat and tail. He smoothed the hair on his cutie mark.

"I think I should wear a suit." He looked through his closet. "No. No. No. No way. Terrible! Maybe. Perfect!" He put on his suit and used a lint remover to clean his suit. He put a rose in his pocket that Twilight`s friend Rose had let him have and sprayed on some cologne. "I`m all ready!"


At the same time...

Should I wear a dress or just regular clothes? Nothing at all? Hmm? What to do?! She showered like usual and then dried off.

"Makeup time!" She put on white, sparkly eyeshadow, blush, light pink lip gloss, mascara and moisturizer. She brushes her hair puts it into her regular style, but with glitter in her hair to make it sparkle and curls in the front.

She wears a light red floral dress with layers. She puts on red heels with pearl heart at the toe. Then, she puts on some vanilla perfume. "I look perfect!"


*Knock knock knock* Cadence rushes to the door, then makes a mental note to calm down a little bit near him. "Hello milady." He bows and then kisses her hoof. He then proceeds to hand her a beautiful bouquet of white tulips and light pink roses. "Only true beauty like you can outshine flowers by more than 100%." Cadence blushed and felt very flattered.

"That was so kind and beautiful."

"You are kind and beautiful." Cadence knew that he was perfect, but this just seals the deal.

"I- I... love you Shining Armor." Shining Armor couldn`t contain himself, he was so happy that he started crying.

"I love you too Cadence. With all of my heart." She threw her arms around him and kissed him. "Your carriage awaits." She looked at the fairytale carriage.

"This is just... wow."

"Come on, let`s go in." They got in and looked at the inside.

"It`s so cool in here!" she said with wonder.

"I know right!" On the ride to the secret date they snuggled the whole time. She looked up at their destination and was soon filled with joy.

"We`re at the Grand Galloping Gala! How did you get tickets?!"

"Twilight was able to pull a few strings and get two from Celestia herself." OOh my gosh! I`m at the GGG! I feel like a princess! I am a princess, but that`s besides the point.

"This is so amazing!" Shining Armor loved how happy she was.

"Let`s go to the party room first, slow dance, say hello to Celestia, go to the food vendors and then end with going to the garden."

"Uh huh!" He loved that she was so happy that she couldn`t even think of the right words to describe her excitement. They walked to the party room and started dancing and singing. They drank punch and ate cake. They even took a balloon to keep (Don`t tell!).

Once the music started playing soft songs they decided that it was time to slow dance. He held out his hoof signaling that he was ready to dance and that she should hold his hoof so they can start. They started dancing to the music and soon everything else disappeared as they danced. Their two hearts were beating as one.


"Cadence! My dear niece! How are you?! And you, Shining Armor! You look great! How do you do?!"

"Wonderful auntie!" Shining Armor pondered what to say.

"I was terrible and depressed until Cadence saved me." Celestia didn`t now whether to comment on the first or second half of that. Both are good! "Upset? How? Also, I can tell how much you love each other and that you would give anything for each other already."

"I-... It`s personal, it`s not that I don`t trust you. There are just too many people."

"Bye Cadence!" Celestia shouted and then teleported out of there. "Tell me everything." Her eyes poured into is soul and he knew he had to tell her.

"About 2 weeks ago... my parents left for a vacation and... the- they didn`t come back. They`ll never come back." Celestia realized what his words meant, 'They`ll never come back.' She threw her arms around the sobbing young stallion.

"That is something no child should have to go through." Then something else dawned on her. "Twilight! How is she?!" He could tell how alarmed she was.

"Go to her. Cadence and I can welcome the guests until you return."

"Thank you." and with that she flew as fast as she could towards Twilight.


"Hello, thanks for coming."

"Hello, thanks for coming." Shining Armor looked at Cadence tiredly. "Let`s move on. Celestia should have been here by now." Cadence nodded.

"We are going now! Would anypony like to take over?" About a 100 hooves were raised. "Umm..." she looked through the crowd. "You, the purple mare with the shooting star cutie mark!" She let out a squee of delight and then flew up to Cadence.

"Thanks." she said happily.

"No, thank you!" The two of them walked over to the food vendors. "I`m starving!" They walked up to the apple pastry area. They saw a mare with
apple pie as a cutie mark.

"What would ya like?" They looked at all of the treats with their mouths watering.

"I will take two of each." Cadence said confidently. The mare nearly had a heart attack then and there.

"Two of each?!" Cadence smiled. Shining Armor looked at her nearly as confused as the mare. "I am a princess and I would like two of each. Seriously."

"Excuse me for a second." She walked about 15 feet away and then "Yeeeeeaaaaah! I will have enough bits to support the Apple family for decades to come~!" Cadence was happy that she made her happy while on the other hoof, Shining Armor was very confused and thought it was odd. She walked back over. "You may call me Granny Smith."

"Thank you Granny Smith for making all of these delicious treats." They claimed their goodies and then said goodbye and walked over to the garden. "I got one of each for me and one of each for you."

"Thank you." They each picked up a pastry and tried it.

"This is amazing!"

"Mmmmmmmm..." They ate a bunch of them and then realized that they came to the garden to see animals and plants, not eat awesome food. "Oh! We should probably check out the scenery right about now."

"Uh huh!" They walked and looked at the beautiful plants. They saw gladiolas, azaleas, calla lilies, dahlias, irises and hibiscuses. They also saw more common flowers like sunflowers, roses and tulips.

Then, they moved to where the animals are. They saw birds, monkeys, bears and bunnies. They saw squirrels, ducks, wallaroos, toucans and spider monkeys. "Everything is amazing, but none of these things are even half as amazing as you."

"Well if I`m so amazing, what`s the point in coming here and looking at this terrible stuff?" she said sarcastically. He kissed her on her snout.They put their heads together.

"Let`s go now."

"Okay."


"Well, goodnight."

"Goodnight my Shining Armor." They kissed and then walked back into their homes.