• Published 8th Feb 2013
  • 1,046 Views, 14 Comments

A Beautiful Light From Within The Darkest Clouds - Princess Glitzy



Shining Armor has always seemed to have everything together, but what you don`t know is that behind this brave, clever pony was a tortured soul just hoping for something to go right.

  • ...
6
 14
 1,046

Living In A World Full of Despair Part 2

Chapter 10

"Twilight do you want to color with me or study with me? I just think that we should hang out and try to cope with this."

Twilight looks at him and the look in her eyes says 'The only way I would feel better is if mom and dad were here.' He knew that she wouldn`t tell him that. She would act strong in public and mope around the house.

"Mom and dad would want you to be happy and sitting here thinking about how bad life is isn`t gonna bring them back now is it?!" He let some of his anger about his parents death out. "You don`t know when your life will end. It could be taken from you by ponies, wagons and..." He could barely finish the sentence. "...wolves."

At that word Twilight realized how hard it was for him to say this to her and that he is acting strong for her not for himself and that brought Twilight back to her senses. "I- Shining Armor- um..." What do I say? "I- I know now that it`s been as hard on you as it has me and maybe even worse because you can`t show it and you see me upset. I know that you are trying to cope faster than you should for me. That`s more than I could ever ask of you. I... love you."

Shining Armor knew that it was hard to say 'I love you' because one of the last things she said to their parents. The last time she said it, a day before they died. "Twilight, don`t blame yourself because you couldn`t have stopped them. They planned it and they didn`t know that this would happen. I forgive you and I never really got mad because of you not knowing how I felt. It`s good that you know I`m hurting too, but Twi I`m mad at you for being mad at yourself and the world. Things happen and sometimes we can only sit back and watch what happens. I love you and no matter what I will never leave you unless I think that it`s best for you."

Twilight cried softly over what their family has come to. Dead parents and two children with the weight of the world on their shoulders. "I won`t let myself hate the world. I will try to be happy, even if I`m faking. Faking happiness is like pretending to see color when you can`t, you still can`t see color, but if you`re happy the whole world`s a rainbow full of color. I will try to actually be happy, but for a little while I might just not show it."

"We will be strong."