• Published 8th Feb 2013
  • 1,046 Views, 14 Comments

A Beautiful Light From Within The Darkest Clouds - Princess Glitzy



Shining Armor has always seemed to have everything together, but what you don`t know is that behind this brave, clever pony was a tortured soul just hoping for something to go right.

  • ...
6
 14
 1,046

Friendship Is Magic

Chapter 13

Twilight knew that she couldn`t go back on what she said now. She said she would make friends and she will. The only problem is that she will have to go outside and face people. Shining Armor was right. Her parents would want her to try and make friends and be happy again. Here I go.

Twilight walks outside and prepares to meet new people. She spots a crowd of fillies and colts and walks towards them. "Hi!" The crowd turns and looks at her.

"Hello!" they all said.

"Hi my name is Ruby! It`s nice to meet you! Let me introduce you to the others. There is Twinkle, Cloud Kicker, Carrot Top, Rose, Cherilee, Lyra, Thunder Rush, Derpy, Time Turner, Berry Punch, Rumble, Lucky, Octavia and over here is Pipsqueak." *inhaling deeply* "That was a mouthful!"

Twilight liked how kind they all were and she loved how soon Ruby introduced them to her. "Hi I am Twilight Sparkle." Ruby smiled largely.

"Do you live in Canterlot? I haven`t seen you around. Also, do you have any friends? Oh, right and not to intrude, but you seem like you`re sad." Wow. She is really straight forward, but I like that.

"I live in Canterlot, but don`t have any friends. I`m more of an inside studying type of pony. Also, I am sad, but I`m not ready to tell you what it is yet." Ruby rolled her eyes.

"Well of course we aren`t best filly friends yet!" She said yet. Does that mean... no it can`t, can it?

"Are you saying that you want to and will be my future BFF?" Ruby again rolled her eyes.

"Well duh!" Ruby smiled at her and it brought joy to her heart.

"Mission accomplished! You`re now my BFF!" Ruby hugged Twilight tight and she didn`t stop it because right now she really needed to feel another`s touch.

"Now, go meet the others and spend quality time with each!" Twilight stood staring at Ruby. "I said move it!" Ok, ok sheesh.

"Hi Rumble and Berry Punch!"


"So Rumble, Berry, how are your-... families." She could barely say the word.

"Oh, well I have a brother named Thunderlane!" Rumble shouted cheerfully.

"I`m cousins with Ruby!" Twilight immediately knew that they were nice.

"How about your family?" Twilight hoped this wouldn`t come up, but it was inevitable due to the fact that she mentioned family.

"I- I..." She started crying and ran.

"I`m sorry!" Rumble and Ruby had the same thought. What just happened? "Rumble, we should follow her and cheer her up and maybe we`ll see what she`s so worked up about." Rumble looked at Berry and nodded in agreement.


"I couldn`t face the truth. My parents are gone and I couldn`t say it. I failed them." They could hear her muffled sobs through the door of her house.

"Should we just walk in?" Berry shoved him.

"She is clearly really upset. We can`t just charge in there! We should wait until she stops crying or she sees us and tells us whether or not we should come in!" Rumble stared guiltily at the ground

"Sorry."

"It`s okay." Rumble looks through the window and sees that she stopped crying.

"We can go in now!" *Knock knock* Who`s that? She opens the door and sees Berry and Rumble. She feels relieved to see them and she pulls them into a hug.

"Thanks for coming to check up on me. Have you been waiting for long?"

"Only about 13 minutes!" Berry punches him.

"Rumble!"

"Oops! Sorry."

Twilight looks at them and says "I`m not ready yet, but once I have met all of you and I feel comfortable enough I will tell you my issue, but for the time being don`t ask about my family okay." Berry and Rumble both nodded. "Now where are Octavia and Lucky?"


"So Twilight, I think that we should get to know each other`s talents. I love to play all music, but I am especially good at classical songs on the cello. My best friend is Vinyl Scratch because she loves music too, but in the DJ sort of way."

"I love magic and am very good at it. I practice magic theory and adore reading more than just about anything. I will be Princess Celestia`s apprentice when I`m age appropriate, she said so." Twilight looked at Lucky. "Let`s learn about you! I feel bad for getting so caught up with Octavia. I want to get to know both of you."

Lucky looked at her like no one had ever really asked about him. "Well I love hard work and love teamwork. I try to get along with everyone and I always have good luck. I sometimes change my look and I have a twin brother who is a pegasus and he looks just like me and even has the same cutie mark!" He started off shyly and then ended super excited.

"I, Octavia declare that we shall go to the park!"

"Yeah!" Twilight and Lucky agreed.

"Race you to the swings!"

"You`re on!" Lucky exclaimed. Octavia beat both of them and got the swing that goes the highest.

"I win!" They all started swinging and laughing. "Now let`s go to the slide!" This time Twilight didn`t want Octavia to win so se kicked it up a notch and ran at full gallop thus beating the other two by a solid 7 seconds.

"How... did you... do that?" Lucky said while he was still out of breath.

"I ran really fast!" They all took turns going down the slide and even all went down at the same time once.

"Hey Twilight, let`s go to my house and I can play some music for you and then you can go meet Carrot Top, Derpy and Thunder Rush."

"That sounds great! Bye Lucky!"


"This is my cello, my most prized possession." The only word Twilight could think of was "Awesome!"

"Okay here I go!" Octavia played beautifully.

"That was amazing!" Octavia smiled.

"Thank you! Well, bye, it was nice hanging out with you!"

"Bye!"


"Sup Thunder Rush, Carrot Top and Derpy!"

"Sup!" Twilight decided to do something fun.

"High hoof!" They all high hoofed. "Derpy, what do you want to do?"

Derpy responded right away with "Bubbles and muffins!" Twilight thought it was odd, but went with it.

"Sure!" Derpy was so happy that she flew up into the air and did a loop de loop, but she lost her balance and fell. "Derpy are you okay?!"

"She`s fine. She`s always like this." Carrot Top said. "Hey! Let`s blow bubbles at my carrot garden! We can make carrot muffins too! I really like carrots."

Thunder Rush nodded in agreement and said "Totally! That`s a great idea!" Carrot Top stood proudly after hearing that. "Let`s go!" Thunder Rush shouted.


"You`re carrot garden is so cool!" Derpy said with eyes filled with wonder. Thunder Rush flew up and dashed to the bubble blowing spot.

"This is the perfect spot! Twilight, you get the bubble soap." Twilight looked at Carrot Top and the look on her face said 'Where is the bubbles?'.

"In the closet. Down the hall and to the left, should be on the third shelf." Twilight skipped off to find the bubbles. Her house is so neat and organized.

"There`s the closet!" She smiled. "Getting bubbles~ Hanging with my friends~!" she sang quietly. She grabbed the bubbles and ran outside. "Hey guys! Got the bubble soap!"

They all hopped up the hill and went to the spot. They blew bubbles while Thunder Rush used her speed and agility to pop the bubbles. She managed to pop every single one! Then, they went inside and played cards while Carrot Top baked the muffins.

"I win!" Twilight shotted. *Ding*

"Muffins are ready!" They all licked their lips and ran in to the kitchen.

"I get one first!" Derpy declared. "MMMMMMM..." they all said. Then they went outside and picked some carrots.

"Goodbye you guys! See you soon!"

"Bye, I have to go see Time Turner and Cloudkicker!"


"Do do do do do~!" Cloudkicker flew fast around the corner straight towards Twilight. "Watch out!" Twilight turns around. She sees someone flying too fast to stop coming right at her. Twilight teleports behind Cloudkicker one second shy of getting hit. Cloudkicker twirls back around, narrowly missing being hit by a bird. She slows down and glides towards Twilight.

"I`m Cloudkicker. Great way to make a first impression right?" She said jokingly.

"You`re Cloudkicker?" She nodded. "I thought that I was supposed to meet you at the beach?"

"Well... yeah, but I kinda, sorta forgot and decided to get in some flying practice. Nopony uses this sidewalk so I figured that this was a good place. I guess it wasn`t a wise choice after all." Though Twilight found her negligence towards plans and people walking annoying, she still liked her. She couldn`t put her hoof on it, but she liked something about her a lot.

She reminds me of a version of me who slacks, but still kinda like me. "Let`s put this behind us and go to the beach. Time Turner is probably worried sick! His cutie mark shows that he`s good at telling time/doing things to do with time and we were late!"

"Well then we should probably run or in my case soar through the skies."


"Hey Time Turner! I`m sorry I`m late! I`m usually so punctual!" Time Turner could tell that she was frazzled and very mad at herself for being late and he felt bad that she would feel this way.

"You look beautiful." Wait! What! I meant to say that it`s okay! Curse my mouth!

"Umm..." Twilight didn`t know how to respond to that.

"I meant to say that it`s okay!" He said it a little louder than he would have hoped, but at least he said what he meant to say.

"Thanks?" Twilight liked that he was so caring and that he felt nervous, she decided to make him feel better about his thoughts getting the best of his mouth. "You`re very handsome."

Twilight hoped this would make him feel good about himself and what he said. Oh my gosh! Does she like me? I like her a lot. Wait! It`s only been a few minutes! I`m getting way to far ahead of myself, but I can`t shake the feeling of butterflies in my stomach. "Let`s go swimming!" he shouted nervously.

"I`m gonna go in first!" Cloudkicker announced. They splashed and swam and dived.

"Let`s go snorkeling and look at the underwater creatures!" suggested Twilight.

"Wow! Look at all these starfish!"

"Check out this coral!"

"Come enjoy these cute, little fish!" They all found awesome things underwater. Once they needed to come back up and take a breath they decided that they should collect seashells and pretty rocks. They each collected a bucket and used them to decorate their sand castles that they had built.

"This was so fun, but I have to go meet Twinkle, Rose and Cherilee."

"See you!"


"Do you want to hear a joke?"

Twilight thought about it and then said "Yes."

Twinkle faced Twilight and said "What part of a pony has the most hair?" Twilight was trying to figure out what the answer was. What part of a pony has the most hair? She calculated and looked at her coat, mane and tail. She couldn`t figure out a scientific answer so she said "I give up."

Twinkle replied with "The outside!" She laughed at herself for not knowing such an easy answer.

"Hey Twinkle, I love your colors! Beautiful off-white coat and a light pink mane!" Twinkle smiled and hugged her.

"So, I hear you like stars. I love stars as you can see." She motioned towards her cutie mark.

"I love stars! What`s your favorite constellation!" Twinkle was so happy that somepony else shared her interest in stars and space.

"I love Puppis!"

"I like Draco!" They both laughed and talked. "Let`s go hang out with Cherilee and Rose now." Twinkle smiled.

"Totally! I think that they`re at the new café."


"Wow! This place has some yummy things on the menu!" Rose exclaimed. "They even have a rose on the table! This is the best place ever! Well, other than my rose garden it is." Twilight liked how happy Rose was to be here.

"I love the Rose in your hair!"

"Thank you!" Twilight looked at Cherilee.

"So, do you like making others happy? I`m asking because of your cutie mark or is it that you like flowers?" Cherilee was happy that somepony liked and noticed her cutie mark.

"It symbolizes making others happy by educating them and having them grow and bloom in academics." Twilight was so happy that somepony else liked being smart and teaching others.

"That`s awesome! I love academics and studying! I usually study magic, but I study everything else too. I am really smart." Cherilee felt happy.

"When I grow up I will be a teacher!" Rose suddenly remembered why we were here. To get to know each other and eat!

"What do you guys want to order? The waiter`s coming over!" They all looked quickly at the menu and chose their meals just in time. "I would like the rose salad with fizzy water." said Rose.

"I would like hay fries with a blueberry muffin and a milk." Everyone stared at Cherilee. "I like fries with my muffins okay!" Everyone laughed.

"I would like a sandwich with lettuce and tomatoes and a diet soda please." Twilight said.

Twinkle stated "I want a fruit salad and a some yogurt with some cherry juice." They all talked about stars, academics, flowers and magic for the rest of their meal.

"Would you like desert?" the waiter asked.

"Yes!"

"Chocolate cupcake with strawberry icing!"

"Blueberry cupcake with buttercream frosting!"

"Red velvet cupcake with cream cheese frosting!"

"Orange cupcake with lemon icing!" They all loved their cupcakes a lot. They paid for the meal with some money they had gotten over the years from holidays. They got it half off because they were fillies!

"Time to go visit Pipsqueak and Lyra! Bye!"


"Pipsqueak, how much do you like pirates?" Pipsqueak holds out his arms as far as they can go to the left and right and says "This much!" Twilight was only a little bit older than him, but she felt the need to baby him.

"Wow! That`s a lot!" Pipsqueak liked that Twilight enjoyed that he was a pirate. Some ponies don`t. "Lyra, how much do you like lyres?" Lyra got super excited.

"Lyres have been around for ages making music. They make people happy and sound great. Stallions use them to get princesses or fillies use them to get princes!" Lyra smiled. "I love lyres so much! Almost as much as I love Bon Bon."

Twilight was taken aback that someone could have a filly/coltfriend at this age. "So you`re dating Bon Bon? You`re too young!"

"It doesn`t matter what age you fall in love in as long as you`re in love." Wow, that`s smart.

"What do you want to do Pipsqueak?"

"Let`s pretend to be pirates and fight bad guys!" Pipsqueak pulled out his sword and said "You two will be my crew! I think I see some zombie and skeleton ponies!" Twilight and Lyra followed Pipsqueak`s lead and fought pretend foes.

"I see a zombie up ahead! We`ll need to kick off its head to kill it!" They kicked and punched and hit them with toy swords. "Ghosts! They`re everywhere! No where is safe! Fight to the death!" Pipsqueak used his sword to kill the bad guys and laughed a pirate laugh when he defeated a mighty foe.

They went exploring and found 'treasure', also known as ice cream at a nearby ice cream parlor. They were nice enough to let them have it for free!

Then, they played tag and freeze tag. Twilight was really good at freeze tag and Lyra didn`t get tagged once in either game! After all that they got tired. "Hey guys! Let`s go to my house where we can play with my toys and I could play the lyre for you!"

"Perfect!" shouted Twilight.


"My toys are in my room. I`ll go get them. I have blocks, toy wagons, dolls, stuffed animals and fake food." While they were waiting Pipsqueak and Twilight chased each other around the house. She nearly tripped over Lyra`s shoes, but Pipsqueak caught her just in time.

"Thanks."

"No problem." Lyra walks back downstairs holding boxes full of toys.

"I`ll put the toys in separate groups and we can switch every few minutes!"

"Great idea!" They played with all the different toys. "My favorites are the blocks." said Twilight.

"Mine are the wagons!" Pipsqueak shouted cheerfully.

"I love the stuffed animals!" Once they put away all of the toys they needed to part ways and do other things.

"Bye you guys! I`m going to hang out with Ruby!"


"Hiya Twilight!"

"Hello Ruby!" Ruby wrapped Twilight in a tight hug.

"What did you think of the other ponies? Did you finally make friends?"

"Yes and they were all very kind and funny."

Ruby smiled at Twilight and said "Did you make any other BFFs or BCFs?" Twilight thought about that and said "I think so. Oh and I think Time Turner may have a crush on me."

"Yeah! A coltfriend and BFFs/BCFs!" Twilight blushed.

"He is not my coltfriend! Can we please change the subject?!" Ruby smirked. Twilight light punched her on the arm.

"Let`s do arts and crafts!"

"Okay!" They went back to Ruby`s house and made arts and crafts. They drew, painted, used clay and even chalk. The two of them laughed and talked. Twilight officially decided that it had been the best day ever.

Author's Note:

This chapter takes place during The Yes He Longed To Hear.