• Published 25th Jan 2012
  • 1,003 Views, 4 Comments

Octavian History - Hasashimi



Octavia learns about her ancestry and how it isn't what she imagined

  • ...
 4
 1,003

Chapter 2:Cutie Mark Crusaders

Chapter 2

Cutie Mark Crusaders

I ran as fast as I could away from that monster. How could my family be like that? My mother always told me that we were noble musicians and my dad left us to get a better musical career. Grandmother told me that she had been murdered, not by doing it herself! God dammit this day is terrible, I’m a full grown mare and a blank flank! Only fillies don’t have their cutie marks, not mares. I kept running away, unaware of where I was supposed to be heading. Ponyville was the only place now, I just hope they don’t notice my flank. Maybe a group that I’ve heard called “The Cutie Mark Crusaders” will help me. Oh my god, somepony has to help me now.

My eyes started to tear up again as I ran through the town. I wanted to grow up in the musical life, not a life full of criminal reports. What if one of my fans find out? Where are those crusaders? Thoughts were running a race in my mind. Why can’t I let go of an issue like this? Wait a moment... if my grandma’s piano was made out of ivory... my cello must have an essence of death in it as well! I’ve been playing death’s harmony all my life!

Where are those three fillies?! I need them to help me! I can’t talk to anypony else or they’ll judge me! Oh dear sweet Celestia help me now. *OOF* I suddenly bumped into a white and purple blob. It was later revealed to be a little filly and her two friends. They all had little adorable capes on their flanks. One was yellow with a red mane and a bow, another was orange with a pink mane and was riding her scooter. She seemed to have smaller wings than usual. The white blob was a little filly unicorn with a pink and purple mane.

Out of panic, I asked, “Do you three little fillies know where in Equestria the Cutie Mark Crusaders are?!”

The little orange Pegasus hopped out of her scooter and let it fall to the ground. She put her hoof up and said, “We are the Cutie Mark Crusaders miss! Do you need any help?”

I hugged them tightly, they were here. They looked so happy and playful, no way they could leave me out. “Ah yes,” I replied, “Are you able to recruit anymore blank flanks...?”

They all looked at each other with a smile and nodded. “Miss,” they asked, “Who wants to join?”

I sighed and turned so they could see my side. “You see fillies?” I asked, “Blank flanks come in all shapes and ages. Please don’t laugh at me, my cutie mark was fake all along.”

The three fillies stood there shocked for a moment but the yellow one pulled out a cape. She climbed on my back and put it on me. The cape was just my size for some reason. “We were waiting,” she said, “we needed somepony else to make us feel accepted in this world.” I brushed the cape with my hoof for a bit. The innocence of ponies these days, isn’t it great? They probably don’t even know who I am. That’s fine, I’ll continue my musical career with my fake cutie mark. Might as well just paint it on.

“Hey guys...” I mumbled, “Could you help me paint back my cutie mark? I still have the other side of my flank. Someone here has to be an artist.”

The yellow and white fillies raised their hoof and yelled, “I, Apple Bloom, and my friend Sweetie Belle will help you repaint that flank!” The some how got paint brushes and a brand of “Coat Dye” out of thin air. Oh Celestia, what are they learning in school these days. The two fillies ran over to me and began to inspect my cutie mark. All of a sudden, I felt the feeling of cold, wet paint touch my flank. I shivered a bit but it didn’t seem to interrupt their process. Might as well stand still.

“Done!” Apple Bloom yelled, “Just gotta let it dry!”

I looked at my flank and there is was, a perfectly painted treble clef. I was surprised at their level of skill. I was crusading for a cutie mark and I’ve got a fake one right here on my flank. I just hope that I can continue my music career playing death’s harmony without anypony finding out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Excuse me, Channel 10? I think I may have a good story for you to report. It’s about some crazy runaway who won’t go back to her dear, weak, helpless grandmother...."

Comments ( 4 )

I'm interested to see where this heads to. Octavia was always my favorite background pony.

Is this going to go on or not:? Please:eeyup:

206942

Oh, I'm just taking a break >w<

Login or register to comment