• Published 6th Feb 2012
  • 1,810 Views, 74 Comments

Portal 42 - Paradox



short description ftl

  • ...
2
 74
 1,810

Chapter 4

(Tyler)

I am going to skip the lengthy and annoying explanation due to the fact that I am lazy. Once the explanation was over and Twilight had calmed down, she insisted on sending a letter to Celestia.

“Oh no you don’t!” warned Chris.

“Why not?” she asked irritably.

“I’ve read enough fanfics to know what happens,” he replied. I know the main fic he's talking about to. It's called "Through The Eyes Of Another Pony."

"Well what do you suggest we do then?" I asked.

"Prevent anyone else from finding out we're humans," he replied.

"That should be easy, as long as you can keep control of yourself," I said.

"Me?" he asked angrily. "You're the one who blew our cover by hugging Twilight with a death grip!"

"Must have slipped my mind." I'm such an asshole to him sometimes, but hey, it's funny as hell to see him angry.

He sighed and rubbed his face with a hoof. "Just don't do it again please Tyler."

"I'll try my best." Suddenly, we hear a knock at the door and then a voice.

"Twilight darling, are you in there?" asked the voice.

"Exit, stage right," I said, running into the kitchen. I was not really in the mood to meet Rarity (I can only think how much she might disapprove of my spiky hair). I could hear Chris sigh as Twilight went to open the door.

"Oh, I didn't know you had a guest today Twilight!" said Rarity. At this point I was sitting just inside the kitchen, out of sight but within earshot.

"Yes, he just stopped by to check out a book," Twilight lied.

"Well it's nice to meet you darling. My name is Rarity."

"I'm Paradox," Chris said nervously.

"So what do you need Rarity?" asked Twilight.

"Ah, yes, I just wanted to ask your opinion on a new dress I am currently working on.

"Sure Rarity! Paradox, I hope you can find your way around town," said Twilight.

"I'll figure it out," Chris replied. I heard the door shut then risked a peek around the corner.

"What was that about?" Chris asked.

"I don't want Rarity messing with my hair or anything. She's way too obsessed with that fashion crap," I replied. "I would come out of there looking like one of those pampered poodles." Chris snickered a bit at the thought, but didn't say anything.

"So what should we do next?" I asked.

"We could look for Fluttershy or Pinkie Pie," he replied.

"I vote Fluttershy," I said instantly. Chris rolled his eyes but signaled for me to take the lead. I peeked outside, just in case Rarity was still nearby. Spotting no sign of her, I walked outside then started heading toward Fluttershy's house. As we walked, I noticed something strange. There was a flicker in the air that seemed to follow us as we walked. I figured it was just my imagination and kept walking. When we passed Sugarcube Corner, (thankfully Pinkie Pie didn't burst out) I heard ducks quacking.

"There she is," Chris said, and I turned my head to see Fluttershy walking backwards and leading a small line of ducks (I think my heart exploded at the sight). "Just don't do anything stupid for once."

"Come on Chris, you know me," I replied with a mischievous grin. Without even waiting for a response, I walked over to the yellow pegasus.

"Hello," I said (How's that for not doing anything stupid Chris!). She jumped and looked around.

"Oh, hello," she squeaked (Number of times heart exploded: 2).

"My name's Nightwish," I said.

"My name's Fluttershy," she said, though I couldn't really hear her.

"It's nice to meet you Fluttershy." I held out a hoof. She responded by trying to hide behind her mane (3). I had to resist the urge to hug her right then and there.

"Come on Nightwish, we still have some other places to visit," Chris said, grabbing me by the tail and dragging me away.

"Oh, andiamo!" I said irritably.

"You know I can't speak Italian," he replied.

"Yeah, it gives me another way to annoy you," I said, returning to my normal self. Even as I said it, I heard a slight chuckle somewhere to my right, but when I turned, there was no one there.

"So are we going to see Pinkie Pie next?" I asked.

"Yeah, might as well since we've seen all of the other mane 6," he replied.

"Oh, this is going to be fun." I rubbed my hooves together in anticipation.