• Published 6th Feb 2012
  • 1,808 Views, 74 Comments

Portal 42 - Paradox



short description ftl

  • ...
2
 74
 1,808

Chapter 10

(Tyler)

So now I have a twin sister... That's just great. There are several things I would have rather received. A pet Trixie being one of them (What? She's cute even though she's a show off.).

Anyway, back to my current predicament. Dawn Whistle is pretty cool, but I probably would be better off without a sister. Paradox's sister on the other hand (errr hoof), is pretty hot. If it wasn't so weird, I would consider going out with her. I personally think her white and blue mane looks better than black and red. She's also way more talkative than Chris, and we had a lengthy conversation going on by the time Chris came out of the kitchen.

"Jeez, I thought you drowned in your coffee for a second there," I said.

"No, I was just thinking," he replied, sitting down next to his "sister" and pulling out his notepad.

"Do you ever do anything besides draw?" asked Dawn Whistle, attempting to push her mane back from her eye (it didn't work).

"Yes, I write on occasion," Chris replied, his ear flicking slightly in annoyance.

"Hey Twilight, is there a shower in this place?" I asked, mostly to have something to do rather than just sit there.

"Yes, it's upstairs," she replied. I managed to find it without any problems, and there were clean towels and soap that I could use. It was basically the same as a human shower, but the shower head was lower due to ponies being smaller. I just shrugged and started it up. Unlike my shower, which was a pain in the ass to get to the right temperature, this shower easily adjusted to my needs. Anyway, once I was done I grabbed a towel and dried off. I was just wiping some water out of my eyes when I saw some folded up clothes sitting next to the seat. On top was something that looked like shades accompanied by a rope necklace with a little skull on it.

"I didn't think ponies would wear that kind of thing," I muttered, inspecting the clothes further. All it was was a vest and a belt with a blue buckle. Guessing they were for me, I put them on and headed downstairs.

"Like the new outfit?" asked Chris as I came into view. I looked up to see he was wearing almost the same outfit, except his clothes were lighter, his buckle was black, and he had a pair of goggles around his neck instead of a necklace.

"Yeah," I replied. "Who made it?"

"I did," he said, tapping his forehead with a hoof. As I took my place back at the table, Chris's "sister," Pandora, went upstairs, presumably to take a shower like I had done. Dawn Whistle was trying to balance a glass on each wing, and she was doing pretty well, at least until her wings started to shake.

"We don't need any broken glass in here," Chris said, walking around the table and grabbing the glasses before they could fall.

"I could've caught them," Dawn Whistle said defensively.

"Better to be safe than sorry," Chris replied, putting the glasses back in the kitchen (as Pinkie Pie would say, BOOOOOOORING). I faked a yawn as he came back in, which caused Dawn to giggle a little bit. Chris only glared at me through his shades before going back to his drawing. I leaned over to get a peek, and managed to make out DJ-Pon3 before he leaned away from me. Bored, I put my head on my hoof and looked around. When I couldn't stand it anymore, I got up and headed for the door.

"Where are you going?" Chris asked.

"I'm just going to look around town some more," I replied, opening the door and leaving before he could say anything else. It felt good to stretch my wings a bit, and I ended up flying up as high as I could and landing on a cloud. Pulling out my mp3 player, I looked through my songs until I found my favorite (Blue Stahli - Anti You). Setting it to repeat, I kicked back and closed my eyes. Unfortunately, I didn't get to enjoy it for very long. I felt someone poking me in the side, so I opened one of my eyes slightly, opening both eyes when I saw who it was.

"You're almost as hard to wake up as I am," Rainbow Dash said.

"Can I help you?" I asked (I would've been less rude, but I was napping! I don't like being interrupted when I'm napping.).

"Well you're napping on my favorite cloud," she replied.

"Aren't all the clouds the same?"

"Well yeah, but this is the one I nap on all the time," she said, then suddenly she looked at me straight in the eye. "Say, don't I know you from somewhere?"

"I'm the pony you crashed into yesterday," I said, refreshing her memory.

"Oh yeah, sorry about that. I'm Rainbow Dash."

"I'm Nightwish."

"I almost didn't recognize you with the vest and all that."

"Yeah, I just got them today."

"Who made them? It doesn't look like something Rarity would come up with." (Yeah, Rarity would probably think of it as a fashion disaster.)

"My friend Paradox made it. He's the other pony who was with me when you crashed into me."

"Well he did a pretty cool job with the little skull there," she said, pointing at my necklace.

"Yeah, I'll tell him you said that. He should appreciate it."

"Okay, now can you get off of my cloud?"

"You'll have to race me for it," I said with a smirk. (I'm sooo going to lose.)

"Bring it on," she replied with her own smirk. I got up and cracked my neck a couple times before getting ready. After Dash did the count down, I shot forward. For a couple seconds, I actually managed to stay ahead of her, but she caught up. I was smirking at her while she stared at me with a glare that, if looks could kill, would've made me have a heart attack in mid-air. She managed to pull in front of me, but I only smirked again as I came up behind her, using the slipstream to build up extra speed. Right when we were about to finish, I zoomed past her, but instead of winning, like I should've, I tied with her because she had the nerve to grab my leg when I went for the win.

"I would've had you if you hadn't grabbed my leg," I said, panting slightly.

"You never said I couldn't do anything like that," she replied, panting a little more than I was (This is because I used less energy while using her slipstream.).

"Well it was fun either way." I wiped the sweat off my forehead and rested on the cloud we had landed on.

"I gotta get going. I'm meeting up with Storm Shadow after he gets done with his patrol. I'll cya later Nightwish." I listened to absolutely none of that, because I had already plugged my music back in and was closing my eyes to take a nap. The keyword being was. I was very rudely interrupted by Dawn Whistle poking me in the side.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"That was awesome!" she replied. "I watched you two race. You did great big brother!"

"Thanks, now can I take a nap?"

"What? Oh, sure. I'll cya in a bit." She took off and flew away. I can't say to where because I shut my eyes the second she took off.