• Published 6th Feb 2012
  • 1,808 Views, 74 Comments

Portal 42 - Paradox



short description ftl

  • ...
2
 74
 1,808

Chapter 9 (Alternate)

(Zephyr)

After 'meeting' with the two new ponies, Pandora and Nightwish, I thought, I'll never see them again, but in the morning Pinkie bounced into my personal space while I was taking a nap in the park. She gave me an invitation.
Well, she was, heh, Pinkie, nopony could be angry at her.

I was there in time, I don't like socializing but a party-invitation from anypony.... I hate to be forever alone.

We waited, mostly in quiet. Then they arrived. After the loud shout the party started and, because I have nopony to attend to, I aimed for the buffet table to get some free sweets.

I was about to grab a delicious looking choclate cupcake when my hoof collided with a mare's hoof, she wanted to get the same cupcake.

It was incidentally but I actually grabbed a mare's hoof!

To my surprise she asked me.

"Hey Zephyr, enjoying the party?" She said.

"What? Oh, yeah," I answered her, I'm not a speaking type. But I remembered something. "Wait, how do you know my name?"

"My brother told me." She had a brother?

"Who's your brother?"

"Nightwish."

"The pegasus I saw earlier? You look almost exactly like him." That would explain the similarity.

"We're twins." Yes, this must be.

She is... beautiful... Those mesmerizing ruby-red eyes, the velvet black locks of her mane, the mysterious dark blue of her coat...

We talked for a little while, about the party and some other stuff... I asked her name, she is Dawn Whistle. She paused for a second or two when I asked, but I gave it no importance.

I think... I might bore her, she looked like she doesn't want to talk, so I let her go. Why can't I pick up a mare?....

I remained at the buffet table for a little while, collecting my thoughts. I decided. I'll ask her if she want to dance!

Yes! I'll do it and.... I'll fail, why would she want to dance with a loser like me...

No, I have to try!

I walked to her. She was eating the sweets she collected before, so I just asked her.

"Hey, I was wondering if you might like to dance with me?" I asked and rubbed the back of my head, I never did this before... I felt like if my face could burst in flames any seconds then....

"Sure, why not?" She replied and grinned at me.

'YES!' - if she could hear my thoughts she would think I'm crazy or something.

We walked in the middle of the room and started to dance.

I... think I must be a horrible dancer... she always looked away, mostly to Paradox, even if he was drawing in a notepad...

Then... when the music was over and we finished the dancing... DJ-PON3 took our place with Paradox.
I just wanted to forget this all... I tried, I failed.

I'll be forever alone.

The time went on. After the dance I found a quiet corner where I remain until I noticed that everypony was leaving.

Looking around I saw Dawn Whistle putting a pair of black saddlebags next to a wall, then she jumped on a couch and fall asleep immediately.

Good for her, I'll be sleepless for two days... again...


'Wait, what if...?'

I walked to her. 'This is my last chance!' I thought. Nudging her side gently, I woke her up. She was slightly angry, looks like waking her up wasn't a good idea but what could I lose?...

"Uhm, hey... sorry for waking up, I just wanted to ask if you want to come to my place, you know, to a proper cloud-bed? This couch isn't too good for a beautiful mare like you... It's okay if you don't want to-"

I was interrupted by her. While I was fighting to be able to speak properly, she got off of the couch and stood next to me.

"Alright! Lead the way!"

My heart stopped for a second. I..did it. I DID IT!!! She came with me! With a big grin on my face I trotted to the closest window and opened it.

"Ladies first!" I said. By the looks she was talking with Paradox and made him angry, but when she heard my calling, she left him and flew out of the window.

'Dat flank!'

I took the lead a few second later. My house, as is usual, was close to the edge of the town, 30 meters high above the ground level.

After landing in front of the front-door, I opened it up and let Dawn Whistle to go inside first.

She was amazed by my home... it's pretty plain and a bit messy, I don't know what would be so fantastic to her in it.

"The bedroom is in this way..." I pointed to the second floor where my bedroom was, along with the bathroom and the balcony.

She went up. I followed her after a moment, I swear I've seen something in the corner of my I, but there was nothing when I looked at the place.

When I arrived to the door of my room, it was closed. I always leave it open when I'm not in there so she must entered it while I wasn't paying attention.

"Dawn? Are you there?" I asked a bit nervously.

"Yeah, come in." I heard her slightly muffled answer.

I opened the door. The room was pitch black. I stepped forward but the door behind me slammed closed.

"What the?!?" I shook my head. "Dawn, is it you? Why did you closed the door?"

There was no answer but I felt a hoof touching my lips. I raised my right forehoof and touched it. When I did it her hoof moved away and I felt her lips on mine.

My mind cleared. Is this really happening?...

After the light kiss I felt her pushing me towards my bed - she probably remembered where it was.
Soon I lied on my back and she was on top of me...

'My life is complete... I can die peacefully now...' I thought.
And then she... and me... did... it...


-o-O-o-

The morning come. I woke up at seven sharp as usual. But she was nowhere.

"Dawn?" I called her. No answer.

I searched through the whole house but I didn't found her.

"She is gone.... Doesn't matter, had sex!" I said to myself.

I went in the kitchen to make a breakfast when I heard the bell ringing.

"Coming!" I shouted.

At the door was Nightwish. He wore a weird, shocked expression.

"Oh hello Nightwish! Is something wrong?" I asked.

"Uhm, yeah.. have you seen my sis?"

"Yeah, but it was yesterday, she spend the night with me..." I poked his left shoulder. "If you know what I mean!" I grinned widely.

"So you don't know where she is?..." He asked. Weird, he was blushing, but why?...

"No... when I woke up she wasn't there... I hope we can spend more time together though. When you meet her tell her that I want to see her again."

"O-okay, I-I will..."

He then just turend around and flew down on the ground. I looked after him. He walked... weirdly.

But I had to get in work today, I had 30 more minutes to be ready.

I swear I've seen something right next to me, but there was nothing yet again... What the buck?...


I walked back in the kitchen, quietly singing:

"I got laid, I got laid, I got laid~! Buck I got laid!"


Paradox Note: This was written by Zephyr, and is in no way the work of Tyler or me. I have made a few edits, but this is largely unedited.