• Published 1st Feb 2013
  • 1,368 Views, 58 Comments

My Little Planetside - Alanox



Twilight convinces her friends to play a new MMOFPS by Pony Online Entertainment. Unfortunately, they've all picked separate sides. Hilarious violence ensues.

  • ...
1
 58
 1,368

Elli Amp Station

“Now this is more like it. A cup full a’ cider, a field full a’ targets, and a Vanguard full a’ tank shells.” Applejack fired another Vanguard round. An unfortunate LS Medic caught it, the explosion charring the snow underneath. How snow burnt, Applejack didn’t know, but she wasn’t going to question it now. Pinkie Pie was her gunner, firing the top-mounted Kobalt at any targets Applejack didn’t already annihilate. Beyond them, Elli Amp Station lay in the distance, providing a steady stream of soldiers to be pummeled. Applejack was part of a distraction force; a column of Vanguards and Lightnings meant to pummel the front of the Amp Station while several Sunderers moved in behind. She was fine with the role. It wasn’t glorious, but it also certainly wasn’t low-pay. A volatile Plasma rocket soared towards her, but the slow projectile was easily evaded. Applejack simply backed down the hill behind her and the rocket flew over her head.

“Another pathetic rocket. I can dodge anythin’ ya throw at me, varmints!”


Rarity was leading a squad of Earth Ponies to their objective. Unfortunately, the objective was not only covered in enemy tanks, but were the enemy tanks. Several ground assaults proved fruitless. The open field between the Amp Station and the armor column was suicide. However, almost as if a friendly threw a flash grenade at her face, an incredibly bright idea overtook Rarity’s mind.

“Everypony, follow me to this terminal. We’re going to make good use of that fabulous new Rocket Launcher we just obtained.”


Pinkie was having a wonderful time firing her little Machine Gun away. Sure, it wasn’t as explosively fantastic as Applejack’s Titan HEAT cannon, but it got the job done. Applejack’s Rival Chassis made it easy and fun to dodge those pesky S1 rounds, and they’d barely been hit at all.

“Applejack, when do you think they’re going-” The confectioner was cut short. A bright blue streak smashed into the Vanguard’s hull as fast as a bullet. Followed by another. And another. Applejack could dodge slow rockets, but not armor-piercing bullets. The tank had barely started moving backwards when a fourth round pierced the Vanguard’s armor and it exploded. Pinkie’s death screen was filled with damage taken from a strange new weapon: A Lancer. The final shot was dealt by a certain Passion4Fashion, also known as Rarity.

“Oooh, I can’t believe they did that!” As Pinkie looked for the Sunderer they had snuck into the Amp Station, she heard another explosion. A Lightning near her body vanished from the map. Slowly, more and more tanks succumbed to the unavoidable Lancer barrage. The few smart ones turned and ran, taking shelter in the Forward Base they had taken. “They’ve cleaned up our tanks like I have to do after one of my big parties… Neither of those are fun… Ohmigosh, we have to stop them! They’ll take away our freedom cupcakes and replace them with like, lightbulbs or something! Do you know how bad lightbulbs taste! Trust me, I’ve tried. Bandages also taste pretty bad, but that’s not entirely relevant. Unless the Luna want us to eat bandages too, in which case that’d also be terrible!”

After a moment, Applejack turned her speakers back on. “Right, uh, whatever you just said.”

Pinkie spawned at a Sunderer in the rear of the base as a Sniper. She pulled out a Blitz SMG and a shiny Commissioner Revolver. Before Applejack could suggest where to go, Pinkie sprinted East towards the front of the base. The Vertical Generator just exploded, providing a route to the Capture Point. The route was not clear of safe, however, and the Luna had assembled plenty of soldiers to halt the incursion into their Amp Station. Granted, the LS Warpgate was nearly on the other side of the continent, so it technically belonged to the NC, but they didn’t care. It halted the NC advance to Eisa Tech, which is the only reason they were holding it in the first place.

Pinkie cloaked and squeezed past an LS Alicorn before ducking underneath a stairway. Once her cloak recharged, she jumped over a railing and dashed up the stairs. The pony ran up behind the sovereign and shoved her knife into their back.

“Tag, you’re it!”

The pony crumpled to the ground, and Pinkie hacked the terminal. The main shields came back online, preventing her from escaping, but it was immediately overloaded again. Perfect. She swapped to the Lightning light tank and constructed one; transferring into the control systems once it materialized. Normally the tank would automatically drive a few feet forward, but the shield stopped it immediately. Once she gained control, she turned the cannon around and faced a large group of confused Luna. She hoofed the firing control on her Viper cannon, and unloaded a barrage of explosive rounds onto the terrified ponies before her. She turned towards a Magrider repairing in the bay and shredded the weak rear armor. The hovertank exploded, charring the poor Mechanic repairing it before then crushing them with the flaming debris.

Almost immediately, a squad of Earth Ponies entered the room. The began opening fire on her Lightning with Lancer bolts, peppering the tank’s front armor. As the vehicle began smoking from the damage, Pinkie floored the accelerator and drove straight toward the other shield, flattening an Earth Pony in the process. The controls inside the Lightning ignited, and Pinkie popped out of the tank. The generator on the edge of the base blew up again, dropping the impenetrable teal shield in front of her. Pinkie ran into the open field, chased by a squad of Earth Ponies. She dodged and turned, evading their LMG rounds. She turned around for a moment and threw her Mag-Cutter, yelling, “Catch!” The knife landing perfectly in the face of the most colorful Earth Pony, who just so happened to be named Passion4Fashion. Pinkie had no time to gloat or celebrate, and finally turned into a doorway. On the other end of the room was an Infantry Terminal, which she quickly overrode.

The squad of Luna entered the room, greeted by an Alicorn equipped with two Hacksaw shotguns. Two Earth Ponies were dropped to the floor immediately, followed by a third who tried to escape. A concussion grenade detonated on a wall, dazing Pinkie, but she just held down the fire button and slaughtered the sovereigns. A desperate Luna fired a rocket, but missed and was torn apart before they could escape. Another Earth Pony jumped past Pinkie’s cannons and tried to unload a Nova shotgun into her heavy armor. Pinkie responded by swinging her head to the left, slicing through the Luna’s armor with her horn, and finished the soldier off with a shot from each Hacksaw. With the final kill, a large, blue Hacksaw ribbon appeared on her screen.

Friendly forces finally moved onto the point and locked down the spawn room. The Luna Sovereignty tried desperately to save the base, but eventually the SCU shields fell and the New Conglomareate stormed the generator. It was an easy cap, and soon the holographic banners around Elli turned Blue. 4 small bases stood between the entire NC battalion and the ultimate prize: Eisa Tech Plant, currently under the control of the LS. Closing in quickly from Freyr was the ER, who would arrive first. One hour remained on the Alert, titled, “Technological Advancement”. It was a mad dash to see who would be controlling Eisa in the end, and the reward was a large pile of Certs to anybody involved. Pinkie and Applejack were determined to win, but unfortunately, so were their 4 friends.

Comments ( 10 )

NC4LIFE!!!


Sorry I had to get that out of my system.

Even if my OC is a Pegasus and I am a Luna Supporter

I fight for the New Conglomerate!

3968532 Because it's old and I don't have a big audience. Once I finish Eisa Tech Plant, it's going on hiatus so I can begin work on my miniature Magnum Opus. No spoilers, though.

Comment posted by NLRPony deleted Feb 20th, 2014

*plays shoot to thrill* Let's do this! Time to kick ass and chew bubble gum, and for the Mane six to lead 3 different armies in A GIANT battle! Also, can my OCs in Omega Squad, can they be a squad, along with the lead squad in a outfit for the NC that help in the battle?

Any chance of Moar?

Luna Sovereignty tech all the way, I simply had to say that. Nice chapters I laughted quite bit. I hope you will continue this.

4223665
How... How? The Terran Republic will rise above you traitorous scum!

Login or register to comment